Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Except she literally doesn't. She survives more shit in 3 days than Joel did in the whole game of TLoU.
    Link video evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js59biTfIzk

Joel legit has a minor concussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRttuPG73-o

By the time the car crashed it lost like 90% of its momentum. She also had 3 people helping her. Where as Joel after having what appeared to be a minor concussion killed 3 people with no help.

Joel survives an ambush with a concussion while protecting Ellie.
    He survives getting impaled with a pole.

She survived because she got help in most of those situation the rat king is also a fk moron.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-09-01 at 11:33 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Except she literally doesn't. She survives more shit in 3 days than Joel did in the whole game of TLoU.

She survives a car accident where she is in the bed.
    She survives nearly being lynched.
    She survives falling several stories into a pool that magically still had water in it.
    She survives traversing a building full of infected that is in the process of collaspe.
    She survives fighting the Rat King.
    She survives a battle where both sides want her dead.
    She survives going through a burning building.

And that isn't everything and that is all in 3 days.
    nothing worse than what ellie goes through in the 2nd game.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Link video evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js59biTfIzk

Joel legit has a minor concussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRttuPG73-o

By the time the car crashed it lost like 90% of its momentum. She also had 3 people helping her. Where as Joel after having what appeared to be a minor concussion killed 3 people with no help.
    Do you can't even watch your own videos. The truck didn't lose 90% of it momentum by the time it crashed ... it was crashing during that loss of momentum AND she was in the bed of the truck, which is literally the worst place to be in during a crash..

And as someone who has had several minor concussions, someone like Joel should not have that hard of a time fighting off three men with his skill set.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-09-01 at 11:35 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Do you can't even watch your own videos. He didn't lose 90% of it momentum by the time it crashed ... it was crashing during that loss of momentum AND she was in the bed of the truck, which is literally the worse place to be in during a crash..
    And they barely moved on impact because it was losing momentum... Joel legit has a fk concussion and fights off 3 people.

7+ Year Old Account
    And they barely moved on impact because it was losing momentum... Joel legit has a fk concussion and fights off 3 people.
    Which isn't that unbelievable if you actually understood what a concussion is. You clearly don't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    nothing worse than what ellie goes through in the 2nd game.
    Well, Ellie has to go through the 2nd game ... so I guess.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Which isn't that unbelievable if you actually understood what a concussion is. You clearly don't
    It is and it less ground than Abby crash scene. Joel face was near glass and he just magically gains the upper hand towards the end than proceed to take down to other men with no help. Abby at least had her friends. It's not unbelievable put smells of power fantasy in a survival game. I told the first last of us is an action game and the second one is an attempt at a survival game.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-09-01 at 11:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is and it less ground than Abby crash scene. Joel face was near glass and he just magically gains the upper hand towards the end than proceed to take down to other men with no help. Abby at least had her friends. It's not unbelievable put smells of power fantasy in a survival game. I told the first last of us is an action game and the second one is an attempt at a survival game.
    Neither are a full survival game. Both literally play practically identical with the only difference ... you can go prone in the sequel. If anything, the survival aspects are more toned down in the sequel than the original. Both are more stealth action than survival.

No, it isn't more unbelievable just because you lack understanding of what a concussion really is. Your ignorance isn't evidence. I have had concussion like Joel, and while your head hurts like crazy, it isn't something that you can't push yourself through. That isn't power fantasy, it is literally something that happens in the real world. To soldiers, to football players, to farmboys, etc...

And beating three people isn't a "power fantasy" ... if that is your measure, that TLoU2 is a power fantasy too. That's my problem with your argument, is that you refuse to apply the same standard to Abby's character as you do Joel's. You have no problem holding a hypocritical standpoint.

Abby's stuff is "more grounded" despite happening in 3 DAYS than Joel's which had to have taken AT LEAST 3 MONTHS if not 6 months. Is nonsense ... there is no way to make that argument. It is like saying TLJ has a "more reasonable" story than ESB when it comes to Star Wars.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-09-02 at 12:25 AM.
    –The Sith Code

Neither are a full survival game. Both literally play practically identical with the only difference ... you can go prone in the sequel. If anything, the survival aspects are more toned down in the sequel than the original. Both are more stealth action than survival.

No, it isn't more unbelievable just because you lack understanding of what a concussion really is. Your ignorance isn't evidence. I have had concussion like Joel, and while your head hurts like crazy, it isn't something that you can't push yourself through. That isn't power fantasy, it is literally something that happens in the real world. To soldiers, to football players, to farmboys, etc...

And beating three people isn't a "power fantasy" ... if that is your measure, that TLoU2 is a power fantasy too. That's my problem with your argument, is that you refuse to apply the same standard to Abby's character as you do Joel's. You have no problem holding a hypocritical standpoint.

Abby's stuff is "more grounded" despite happening in 3 DAYS than Joel's which had to have taken AT LEAST 3 MONTHS if not 6 months. Is nonsense ... there is no way to make that argument. It is like saying TLJ has a "more reasonable" story than ESB when it comes to Star Wars.
    The sequel nails the world the first game gets the character development trophy. They both excel at different things. I'd rewrite parts of both games. Not just one. They're both power fantasy but one at least tries to be a survival game. The sequel was a step in that direction. It took steps back in that department. Joel feels like a mary sue in his game but Abby and Ellie feel more grounded.

Ill double check on the length of the games.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-09-02 at 01:05 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The sequel nails the world the first game gets the character development trophy. They both excel at different things. I'd rewrite parts of both games. Not just one. They're both power fantasy but one at least tries to be a survival game. The sequel was a step in that direction. It took steps back in that department. Joel feels like a mary sue in his game but Abby and Ellie feel more grounded.

Ill double check on the length of the games.
    You are correct that one tries to be a survival game, but you are wrong on which one it is. The sequel is a step backwards from survival. The first one built the world, the second one added two more factions they fleshed out.

And you'll have to "double check" the length of time in the story? Seriously, there is no need if you "watched" them like you said. The bulk of TLoU2 takes place over 3 days, you have the opening and ending that take place at different times. While TLoU starts in the Fall of one year and ends in the Spring of another ... making it at least 3 months, but it is more likely six months.

Joel is not remotely a Mary Sue, people do not like Joel right away ... things don't come easy to him. He isn't the best at everything. He literally has zero traits of a Mary Sue. I am so annoyed when people use "Mary Sue" wrong. TLoU goes in its story to build up why Joel is how he is and why he is good at what he does ... TLoU2 expects you to accept Abby is awesome at everything ... except being friends with Mel because Mel is dating Owen and Abby likes Owen. Abby is also not a Mary Sue, but if either character is a Mary Sue ... it would be Abby.
    –The Sith Code

Do you think we will get DLC for this game? Or will Naughty dog switch focus on developing ps5 games?

Seeing as they normally like to be at the peak of gaming and we're going into the next generation very soon
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Do you think we will get DLC for this game? Or will Naughty dog switch focus on developing ps5 games?

Seeing as they normally like to be at the peak of gaming and we're going into the next generation very soon
    Honestly, there isn't really a place for the DLC to go. At least post game, DLC is out.

So my guess would be:
    1) Abby prequel storyline. Exploring her time with the fireflies and her relationship with her father. Perhaps broken up into two parts, before Joel's arrival and then journey to Seattle.
    2) Co-op multiplayer. Patrols in Jackson (vs Infected) and Patrols in Seattle (as WLF and/or Seraphites vs Infected or the opposing factions)
    3) Seraphites vs WLF multiplayer mode ... pretty much self explanatory.
    –The Sith Code

You are correct that one tries to be a survival game, but you are wrong on which one it is. The sequel is a step backwards from survival. The first one built the world, the second one added two more factions they fleshed out.

And you'll have to "double check" the length of time in the story? Seriously, there is no need if you "watched" them like you said. The bulk of TLoU2 takes place over 3 days, you have the opening and ending that take place at different times. While TLoU starts in the Fall of one year and ends in the Spring of another ... making it at least 3 months, but it is more likely six months.

Joel is not remotely a Mary Sue, people do not like Joel right away ... things don't come easy to him. He isn't the best at everything. He literally has zero traits of a Mary Sue. I am so annoyed when people use "Mary Sue" wrong. TLoU goes in its story to build up why Joel is how he is and why he is good at what he does ... TLoU2 expects you to accept Abby is awesome at everything ... except being friends with Mel because Mel is dating Owen and Abby likes Owen. Abby is also not a Mary Sue, but if either character is a Mary Sue ... it would be Abby.
    What is Joel bad at? After the time skip? People don't like him but respect Joel which is basically the something. Rey has enemies despite people calling her a mary sue.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is Joel bad at? After the time skip? People don't like him but respect Joel which is basically the something. Rey has enemies despite people calling her a mary sue.
    There is a difference between like and respect. Characters being respected in not a trait of a Mary Sue, it is characters instantly likely the character even despite misgivings or logic. No character has an instant respect for Joel in TLoU. All the respect he gets is either comes from prior relationships or he did something to earn it. And Bill, once again, still doesn't respect Joel that is a working relationship between the two. There is some level of respect, but Bill would much rather be alone.

What's Joel bad at? Communication for one. Even when he trusts someone, he doesn't talk to them ... I mean the person he confides to is his brother. Again, Joel isn't describe as the best survivor or the best hunter. We see other people doing what he does. Just because someone is good at surviving doesn't mean they are the best and Joel is objectively not the best survivor in TLoU.

Abby is described as the Number 1 Scar Killer ... meaning she is the best at killing Scars or has killed the most Scar. Keep in mind ... she is only 20 years old and at most has been with the WLF for 4 years.
    –The Sith Code

There is a difference between like and respect. Characters being respected in not a trait of a Mary Sue, it is characters instantly likely the character even despite misgivings or logic. No character has an instant respect for Joel in TLoU. All the respect he gets is either comes from prior relationships or he did something to earn it. And Bill, once again, still doesn't respect Joel that is a working relationship between the two. There is some level of respect, but Bill would much rather be alone.

What's Joel bad at? Communication for one. Even when he trusts someone, he doesn't talk to them ... I mean the person he confides to is his brother. Again, Joel isn't describe as the best survivor or the best hunter. We see other people doing what he does. Just because someone is good at surviving doesn't mean they are the best and Joel is objectively not the best survivor in TLoU.

Abby is described as the Number 1 Scar Killer ... meaning she is the best at killing Scars or has killed the most Scar. Keep in mind ... she is only 20 years old and at most has been with the WLF for 4 years.
    His only bad traits are communication and trust ok I'm done here keep pretending you don't have a bias. She has been their since shit hit the fan my dude. We've seen others do what he does but nobody better at it. Joel is built like the average American male for his age by the way.

Whose better than Joel?
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-09-18 at 01:44 PM.

The current discussion is going around in circles and contributing nothing to the thread. If you want to take it to PM's you're more than welcome to, but please refrain from posting unless you have something new to discuss.