Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Scariest game(s) you've ever played?

You can take this any way you want. Scariest, most disturbing, most jarring, scariest because of -insert phobia-, etc.

Is it the game's ambience; the mood and atmosphere it creates; the hellish environment; its grotesque creatures; or maybe a combination of them all?

For me, I'd have to go with...

- Silent Hill 1/2 (ambience, atmosphere, creepy angles and views while playing, suspense, music)
    - Treasures of the Deep (because of my fear of deep, dark, open water)
    - Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 (1 for the claustrophobia and pace, 2 for the hellish creatures, and 4 for the frights and suspense)

How about you guys/gals?

Uhh probably Silent Hill 2. When I was younger it was spooky just for it's aesthetics, when I got older and started to understand the emotional/philosophical nuances of the game it got even more disturbing.

Outlast was pretty spoopy, too.
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-05-25 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obscure I

/10c
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any fps, I know I will get motion sickness in two hours after playing.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

7+ Year Old Account
    Amnesia. I actually stopped and uninstalled the game I was so freaked out, lol.

The Remake of Resident Evil - Crimson Heads. GO AWAY! I DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN THAT HALLWAY!

Since I usually don't play horror games... I have to say secret world. I had a blast with this game. Until I got the hospital quest. Never touched it again after the stupid bossfight was bugged and I had to die over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Obscure I

/10c
    Care to elaborate? Never heard of this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Junos View Post
    Amnesia. I actually stopped and uninstalled the game I was so freaked out, lol.

The Remake of Resident Evil - Crimson Heads. GO AWAY! I DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN THAT HALLWAY!
    I've heard of Amnesia but never actually played it. What makes it so freaky?

Amnesia: The dark descent
    Loved it and hated it at the same time.

inb4 Five Nights at Freddys

Deleted
    Can't say for sure but it's either Ravenholm the first time I played through it or Dead Space in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I've heard of Amnesia but never actually played it. What makes it so freaky?
    I think it's the music and that you have no means of defending yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Can't say for sure but it's either Ravenholm the first time I played through it or Dead Space in the beginning.
    Yeah Dead Space is spoopy for a little bit. Ravenholm was very unsettling

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    What's Ravenholm about? I've heard great things about Dead Space though (perfect premise for a horror game). That's one that's on my to-buy list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Avp2 is probaly the only one that ever gave me creeps (ok half-life 1 facehuggers are bastards to).

Maybe abe odyssey (those monsters following you and you excape last second).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

These days... there probably are none that would scare me. I don't count "screamers" as scary. It is just startling. As in some shit just pops up suddenly on your face repeatedly.

Years ago when I wasn't even a teenager, I had game called Shadowgate on my nintendo 8bit. Me and my friends played it because we were scared of it. When you died, it always showed certain picture of grim reaper and we often went behind door and used stick to cause death. I can't believe that game scared me. These days when I'm reminded of it, I'm amused of this fact.

Outlast for sure! so jumpy! so scary!! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    Outlast for sure! so jumpy! so scary!! D:
    I'll have to check that out one. Psych wards are inherently creepy

Alien: Isolation. Because the suspense doesn't just come from the presentation (which, by the way, in this game is absolutely BRILLIANT - both visually and sonically), but because it's the most integral "game mechanic".

You're never safe. At first you think you got it figured out, because you've been playing games for long enough. You know how this shit works. Then it eventually dawns on you. You're more screwed than you imagined. It's a unique and kickass game.

Not really a fan of the genre. Remember playing Clive Barker's Undying, and at the time some parts of it were pretty scary/disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Alien: Isolation. Because the suspense doesn't just come from the presentation (which, by the way, in this game is absolutely BRILLIANT - both visually and sonically), but because it's the most integral "game mechanic".

You're never safe. At first you think you got it figured out, because you've been playing games for long enough. You know how this shit works. Then it eventually dawns on you. You're more screwed than you imagined. It's a unique and kickass game.
    Sounds intense and viscerally jarring. Another one added to the list to check out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAccuracy View Post
    Not really a fan of the genre. Remember playing Clive Barker's Undying, and at the time some parts of it were pretty scary/disturbing.
    Because it doesn't scare you or the genre itself just doesn't float your boat? If you can immerse yourself in the game it can be an intense experience (turning the lights off and being home alone certainly help).