My Dazzle 7.0 Guide

Friends, today I want to bring you the gift of Dazzle. First we must respect a completely arbitrary format and explore the pros and cons of the Hero:

Pros :
    -Super Healer - like a patch 6.0 Discipline Priest or Resto Druid
    -The skills have relatively short cooldown, which means you can spam it (them? fuck grammar)
    -Shallow Grave really useful to save your dying carry. Of course there will always be an Axe on the enemy team when you pick Dazzle but that's besides the point.
    -Weave is very very very useful, just as long as your retarded Invoker mid player understands how it works.
    -Has a cool voice - DAZZUHL!
    -Really helping at teamfights except on late game when all you can do is cast ult and heal. Untrue in 7.0 since you can permastun someone with Poison Touch spam.
    -Annoying for your eem. What does "eem" mean? Who cares!

Cons:
    -Lack of mana in early game...?
    -Doesn't really useful when run out of mana (wait didn't we already cover that?)
    -Lack of Escape mechanism. No, grave+tp doesn't count. I like buzzwords.
    -You may accidentally cast Poison Touch on enemy creeps and fail to kill.
    -Since you're a real support mostly smart carries will target you while your teammates are reading their skill descriptions

Now for some 7.0-specific stuff (ew!):

Talents
    +125 health (Dazzle doesn't need more Int)
    +40 damage (cast range is meh unless you are solo supporting in which case lol @ you)
    -30s Respawn time (not enough movespeed on the other talent)
    -6s Poison Touch cooldown (if you hit 25 on Dazzle, then the game has reached a point where Healing Wave doesn't matter much anymore)

Playstyle
    You are a support that can send enemy cores running with your solid physical damage output. Go Medallion of Courage so that your Poison Touch does some respectable damage and then Power Treads because Dazzle needs HP (the attack speed doesn't hurt either and will give you the edge when you have to trade hits). If anyone on your team complains about wards or arcane boots, then remind them that they are not entitled to your gold and that you have a 5k main.

Next I will write a chapter on Dazzle's best allies as well as how you can deal with disgusting Axe pickers. Stay tuned!

- - - Updated - - -

BONUS CHAPTER: How to deal with Axe

Before going into this we must know our enemy more than we know ourselves. That's a Chinese saying.

Characteristics of a Moguhl Khan picker:
    -Of partial or full Russian descent.
    -Plays very aggressive.
    -Does not realize that the hero is overtuned, so tends to be full of himself.

Now that we've identified our enemy, I'll let you in on a little secret; Axe is not actually that hard of a counter to Dazzle - Axe is a hero that wants to be tanky, while Dazzle is a hero that will turn any tanks into dolls made of paper if given enough time for his ultimate to work its magic. Just as well, Axe is a hero that wants to hug creeps and minions to get spins, while Dazzle wants this to happen so he can get a huge Healing Wave hit.

All of this means that until everyone has hit level 6 Dazzle is very good at giving Axe a hard time so you should always aim to get a few kills before the tables turn.

Oh, no! Axe just hit Level 6. What do I do?

Couple of things to keep in mind:

• Do not panic. If you did what you were supposed to do, Axe should be very far away from Blink. If you did not do what you were supposed to do, then go ahead and panic.
    • Control him with Poison Touch so that he has a harder time landing a good Taunt (be careful not to cast it on creeps instead!)
    • You should have Medallion of Courage and your own ultimate at Level 6, which means that as soon as the 50 armor from Call wears off, Axe should be very easy to kill. This makes it riskier for him to join fights as that might delay his Blink even further.
    • Axe will indeed make it difficult for you to land a good Shallow Grave, for as long as you do not have a Force Staff to relocate your dying ally. Since your signature spell costs quite a bit of mana (150) and has a long cooldown, then you should not use it when you know that Axe will land a kill for sure.
    [LIST] is great item VS Axe. You can disable him for the duration of his Call, and buy some time for your Shallow Grave target to get away. As a plus, since we did not go Arcane Boots, Euls will help us sustain Healing Wave spam for pushes. In fact, I'd advocate a 4/1/4 build for when the enemy team has an Axe.

At this point you, the reader, must be thinking: Dude, how are you so good at DOTA? Well, the truth is that I would have a hard time answering that, but I can say for certain that one of the first rules to being good at anything in life is to not listen when someone tries to tell you what to do... :P

Look forward to my 7.0 Winter Wyvern guide - Coming soon!
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-12-31 at 11:13 PM.

This guide is stupid, as I'm pretty sure you copied half of that from some outdated Dotafire build

Cons:
    -Lack of mana in early game...?
    +125 health (Dazzle doesn't need more Int)
    seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by 6k MMR Lolicon View Post
    This guide is stupid, as I'm pretty sure you copied half of that from some outdated Dotafire build
    Wow. I'd like to see you try and do better, miss...?

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    seems legit
    There's an interrogation point, so the statement is open for interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Wow. I'd like to see you try and do better, miss...?
    I'm not about to give you my last name pleb.

Let's start with the basics; Power Treads + Medallion on support Dazzle is way too luxurious, so where would you even find all the gold for that? Unless you are farming bads left and right or skipping out on wards duty then you will be looking at a 15m+ treads which is not relevant at all.

So now you are playing a pushing support that doesn't have the ability to sustain his team via mek and arcane boots, and since you max Poison Touch first you can't really spam Healing Wave or Grave until much later into the game.

Why even play that hero then? Why not Witch Doctor or Visage? Dazzle doesn't even have a stun until he's level 7 at the minimum and his "nuke" depends on illusion heroes or minion spammers like Undying or Nature's Prophet being on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by 6k MMR Lolicon View Post
    I'm not about to give you my last name pleb.
    Mama mia, this one has a temper. Well, if you ever come to my home country of Italy I will make you the best Pizza you have ever tasted!

Let's start with the basics; Power Treads + Medallion on support Dazzle is way too luxurious, so where would you even find all the gold for that? Unless you are farming bads left and right or skipping out on wards duty then you will be looking at a 15m+ treads which is not relevant at all.
    You do have to participate in a few kills, get the occasional last hits and snatch a few bounty runes but if you are not doing this as Dazzle then you are not playing your early game support to its full potential. Besides, this guide is mostly relevant to Solo Queue where depending on your cores to know what to do is a losing strategy until the 5k bracket.

Remember that these players are not dependable, professional-level cores and therefore they should not get selfless, professional-level support!

So now you are playing a pushing support that doesn't have the ability to sustain his team via mek and arcane boots, and since you max Poison Touch first you can't really spam Healing Wave or Grave until much later into the game.
    Maxing Poison Touch over Healing Wave does have its drawbacks. I've heard some people suggest leaving Poison Touch at level one or two, but I feel like this defeats the purpose of the build and really hurts your ability to get pickoffs. The 1-2/1/4 build could be good if the enemy team has four or five melees and your team has plenty of minions of team fight with, I suppose.

Why even play that hero then? Why not Witch Doctor or Visage? Dazzle doesn't even have a stun until he's level 7 at the minimum and his "nuke" depends on illusion heroes or minion spammers like Undying or Nature's Prophet being on the same team.
    To be perfectly honest I think that Visage is overpowered in solo queue and would be better suited for the kind of playstyle that I'm going for, since he can push towers as well, but it just so happens that I don't enjoy playing him all that much; remember that really shitty Venomancer that came to your lane and gave the enemy offlaner tons of gold and magic stick charges by feeding level 1 venom wards? Yeah, that's me when I play Visage - my familiar micro is terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    seems legit
    lol! I was thinking just the same. Also how do we motivate -6 cooldown on poison touch instead of increased healing on a hero that is actually supposed to heal like crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Outplayedbymygrandma View Post
    lol! I was thinking just the same. Also how do we motivate -6 cooldown on poison touch instead of increased healing on a hero that is actually supposed to heal like crazy?
    There's this common misconception in DOTA that heals are just heals - freebies to be dispensed like candy for the purpose of topping off health bars. The thing is that DOTA's approach to healing mechanics isn't the same as an MMORPG's, since all heals have some kind of harmful effect that you want to take advantage of, or else you're not really making the most out of your cooldowns and mana.

To simplify - heals in dota are HP swing tool, so use them on your carry while they're farming jungle creeps to help them farm faster, or use them to push creep waves or use them to damage enemy heroes. Because of that, "healing done" is even more of a bonker stat in DOTA than it is in WoW, as your goal should be to maximize the heal/harm effect of the spell, rather than to get a feelgood number up.

Bonus: Not incorporating enough lifesteal or regen in your core build because you are expecting pocket Purifications/Healing Waves is like not building a BKB on Sven because you are expecting Repel. Pros who play together day in and day out may do it, but there are tons of reasons why this might turn out to be a bad idea in a local pub game.

With all that being said Dazzle is going in the freezer for now, since the lack of a proper stun is turning out to be too great of a weakness at 4500+. The most enjoyable games that I had were with Chaos Knight as a carry (the synergy is insane), but the thing is that you generally want to pick a support hero around your core's choice of carry, and not have to ask them to pick their carry hero around your choice of support. Dazzle isn't really the best complement to the usual gallery of scrub carries (Anti-Mage, Jugg, Slark, Weaver... those guys need you to bring control, which Dazzle has very little of).