10+ Year Old Account

A question of technique.

So I've returned to D3 after a while away, decided to start fresh.

So I'm rolling a Crusader, decided to try out the Invoker set (called my crusader MeSoThorny. Laughed a load on the first day, now I want to reroll because it annoys me).

Hit level 70 fairly fast, but then a question struck me...

Is it better to do season Journey, at least until the point that I get the full free set (for this season it's the Hammerdin set), and then use the free set, even if it's not the one I want to play, because it will allow me to farm far high GRifts and grind out the set I want OR, do I just cut out the middle man and start grinding rifts, until I get the set I want?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Getting the free set is extremely fast and boosts your damage by quite a lot. To farm more items you need higher GRs - with the set you can comfortably farm 35-40 which will give you quite a bunch of drops, and gathering Invoker shouldn't be hard.

ALso you can join t8 or so normal random rifts as at this point they're usually full of high paragon peopel who speedfarm them and you just need to run and pickup loot.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'd get the set, it's easy enough to get either way, most things'll be completed automaticly. As coldkill said, mid 30s-40s will be a breeze. If you get lucky offpieces for the hammerdin set to drop, even higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing, I was LEVELING using a thorns build, until I got a nice couple of drops for the Hammerdin set (the Judge on FS belt and the Dominion hammer).

That's what made me swap from Thorns to Hammers.

Thanks for the advice though, I've already got the 2pc just by playing, wont be much work to unlock the 4pc... Seems silly after that not to go for the 6pc.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-12-05 at 03:38 PM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That's the thing, I was LEVELING using a thorns build, until I got a nice couple of drops for the Hammerdin set (the Judge on FS belt and the Dominion hammer).

That's what made me swap from Thorns to Hammers.

Thanks for the advice though, I've already got the 2pc just by playing, wont be much work to unlock the 4pc... Seems silly after that not to go for the 6pc.
    Which won't be much work either
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, going for the 4pc now and the only difficult thing is mustering up the energy to do all the Bounties XD.