Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yea 2nd boss was the main worry but I didn't bother to go try it. A +6 i'm fairly sure of I guess a +7 depending on the week (since 2nd affix kicks in) could be too much. Not trying this week since bolstering seems not worth it. I understand your point though, but I did play that HOV fairly conservatively all things considered, also have legendary shoulders now which would probably help a lot but yea I guess at the time of the post it was probably too optimistic to some degree.

Also went and did mythic socrethar and fel lord zakuun recently, 2p and lucky procs for interrupts makes socrethar a breeze, zakuun you just spellwarding the 1st cleave and bubble the 2nd. 8/13 M HFC.

Had a few close wipes on Nythendra but waiting for a non shit 895 trink to put in a reasonable # of pulls to RNG the berserk timer.

Nythendra Normal Soloed

About time after seeing a monk was able to do it, took a few pulls to get good enough RNG to beat it.
    Logged it as well here
    Survived enrage for 42 seconds which consisted of bop as he enraged to buy 10 seconds, 2nd lust + all defensive cd's to buy as much time as possible, skystep potion as 2nd pot to kite for a while until forberance wore off and then used divine shield to buy 8 more seconds. Killed it 0.5 - 1 seconds before i would have died to another enraged melee xd

- - - Updated - - -

Consider Il'gynoth more than possible but still not done, it's just too annoying with complete bugging out and resetting randomly 8 minutes in. I see the dps check though and I can make that, and I can survive till 2nd burn phase as well. Bleh.

Deleted
    resets aren't random, its tentacles spawning on the furthermost left/right side resetting the fight if you aren't close enough

they are fixed so you can learn them though, and as long as youre in the middle slightly on the correct side (roughly) it wont reset anyway

thanks i thought it might be something like that at the time but it was too hard for me to confirm after messing 9+ minutes in and just getting frustrated. will keep it in mind next time i go back.

I soloed N Nyth as ret with the Highlord ring. A few close calls, but was much easier than prot.

Curious what else ret can solo now. The highlord ring provides a semi-decent sustain mechanism through JV's.

Oh thats very interesting, I did just pick up that ring as my last leggo as well. Will have to look into it.

Anyone ever go infinite on the target dummy? He caps at 255 stacks of uber strike, or +1275% damage.

Fun little survivability challenge.

Deleted
    Finally managed to slay Skorpyron in Nighthold normal after using him as my "survibility & dps dummy" for the past year or so. Insanely tight DPS & survibility check to get it down, but is a fun fight because to the insane numbers you get to do due to a ton of adds on you.

It is truly very impressive, although I'm now wondering why Last Defender has been allowed to work as it does. I thought the diminishing returns on it has a definite cap, but according to wowhead it scales passably well. I don't know how paladin tanks work, but I find it surprising that he could tank ~30 adds and the boss even with ~40% DR and 40% damage increase/10% leech.
    If you check his other videos, most of his recent kills used Last Defender (for instance in Nighthold, which can get simply very silly.) This honestly feels like that Soul Capacitor mess all over again, except nobody actually solo'ed current tier bosses with Soul Capacitor.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

cleared everything but HFC Mythic.... AS Ret Pre Patch patch.... @ 949 IL

Nythendra, Elereath Eenferaal and Dragons of nightmare are still Soloable @Normal on a 248 Ret... Healing is a bit less optimal with Justicars nerf, but WoG does the job well enough.

Ursoc still trucks the hell out of me (same as before the patch)
    Haven't teied Ilginoth or Cenarius, but i bet they are just as hard as they were priviously.

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    New expansion, new thread! You can find the new solo thread here.