Poll: Pie or cake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ice cream cake, of course.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I prefer tarts myself.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2017-03-10 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise of the Leviathan View Post
    I prefer tarts myself.
    Those are just mini pies.

It depends on the pie vs the cake. Some cakes are better than some pies and some pies are better than some cakes. Like a banana cream pie is better than like, any cake. But a canoli cake is better than a blueberry pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    This is a recipe I've been wanting to try for a while, seeing as carrot cake is my favorite.

http://carlsbadcravings.com/cream-ch...-orange-glaze/

I also want to try hummingbird cake.
    Seems like a pain to make. Why not make a normal carrot cake and just use regular cream cheese frosting?

Bravetart (Stella Parks) seems like a cooking thing you'd enjoy. I think she has her own website, but her recipes and articles are often hosted by Serious Eats, too. She's allllll about the baking!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Pie.

Didn't want that friendship anyway.

There's no comparison between both. Simply love both and sweets.

I'm........necroing this thread! Ahahahahha. Ban me if you can, moderators, kukukuku.

I visited this...sort of high-endish bakery over the weekend because I felt like eating something high quality, and not just the usual garbage you can buy from grocery stores.

I got two cupcakes, one is a Boston Cream Cupcake and one was...Chocolate Something Cupcake....

Each cupcake cost $2.50, which is sort of high for one cupcake, but they're high quality and pretty big (and they're not overly sweet or overfrosted, because I hate that), so it was worth it I guess. They have some others that I might try some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They definitely look very fresh. I like to decorate my cupcakes more but I guess you don't like much frosting so that's up to taste
    Ya the cupcakes were very good. Like, I've had guilty pleasure cupcakes where you eat them just for sweetness without even caring about the taste, but these were like, actually tasty if you try to savor it and think about the flavor.

I think I'm getting a cake tomorrow or Sunday from the same bakery...but maybe I'll opt out and just get a couple of cupcakes if they have different flavors. Will post more pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I googled Boston Cream Cupcake and this shows up:

[IMG]https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Boston-Cream-Pie-Cupcakes2.jpg[IMG]

I guess that's what Nym means? But ehhhh. I'm not saying frosting is bad, but sometimes it can be sweet. I found the cupcakes at that bakery I went to to be nicer. (They're way bigger and have more "cake", with just the frosting layer as icing on top.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2018-06-11 at 12:55 AM.

Pie! Especially pumpkin pie and cherry pie! So suck it! Raaaaargh!

I went to the bakery today. I wanted to get a seven chocolate layer cake but it was much smaller than I thought. I also wanted to get a freshly baked crumb cake but they only had cinnamon...

Today we have a Tirimasu cupcake ($2.50) and an Oreo cupcake ($2.50).

I was gonna get another Boston Cream cupcake instead of the Oreo one, but I asked the girl behind the counter and she said Oreo was really good. I'll cut them in half when I eat them, which is...layer...

- - - Updated - - -

Ate the Tirimasu cupcake. Here's a picture of it cut in half down the middle.

The inside was filled with a bit of...custard(?). The frosting on top wasn't vanilla, so I don't know how to describe it. It was good: it tasted a bit like tirimasu because of the frosting and custard, but it was still a cupcake. (I don't like tirimasu cakes so this was a nice controlled portion.)

I can't say I like it better than the others, it's a completely different taste.

I'm a heathen who dislikes sweets.

Deleted
    If forced to eat dessert, it better be a cheesecake, which is more akin to a pie.

Strawberry rhubarb pie is best.

Had the Oreo cupcake today. Here's the bisected view.

I guess all the fucking cupcakes have filling inside of them. I thought Boston Cream was special....

It tasted like a birthday cake. It wasn't like chocolatey at all like how oreos/oreo ice cream tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'm a heathen who dislikes sweets.
    Totally why we'd never work.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Totally why we'd never work.
    Whoa, I just snapped out of it! After many long years, I'd like some chocolate cake!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Whoa, I just snapped out of it! After many long years, I'd like some chocolate cake!
    <3

.../10char
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

<3

.../10char
    Sweet and sugary, just like you.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well banoffee and cheesecake are considered cakes or pies? Structure wise. I voted for cake, mainly because cheesecake>lemon pie juuuust for a small percentage. Lemon pie is a favorite tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the prettiest I've made but whipped cream isn't that easy to shape and my sister wants her cakes fluffy.
    It's a genoise covered with strawberry coulis, whipped cream and strawberry slices macerated in strawberry liquor in 4 thin layers.
    If your sister somehow is unavailable, please send, looks amazing and fluffy and the cream shfhujwbdhdiw do want.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's her birthday She is coming off for her present later (found her an early edition hardcover copy of Dune), we are having two slices then she is taking it home.
    Noooo, share with the world!

Jokes aside, happy birthday to your sis, I'm sure she's gonna love it o/