Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...in this week's edition of, "Are the Devs Even Fucking Playing This Game?"
    I need to stop reading forums from office.. I LOLed hard

Deleted
    There is not a single fucking mastery/crit jewelry in EN or ToV and now they change every master/crit in Nighthold? What the flying fuck?

Deleted
    nice another nerf for my assa they take 20% mastery during update and now they remove mastery from 3 items thx

Quote Originally Posted by Anardel View Post
    Because for ret are the worst stat (we need some haste and then all crit/versa) and for Holy is behind crit and versatility too (but not the worst, the worst is haste for Holy). So the only one who needs some Mastery is protection and prot paladins can get a lot from trinkets, jewelry and enchants.

The Tier is now better stat wise for paladins.
    For Holy, Vers is somewhat tied with mastery, it depends on fight and preferrences. I know Ret do not want it, but Mastery only sucks for Holy if the team is completely spread. Mastery will outperform the healing portion of Vers at about 20 yards.

Overall we gained about 2% crit, 1% haste and 1.5% Vers at the loss of about 7-8% mastery (Calculations on Live would be about 9%) The crit is a meh, since you would already be capping crit with tierset now, where after the value just dumps, Haste is w/e and the vers difference is not going to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    What spec really needs mastery that much? Definitely not ret, not really holy. Does prot? Thought prot was haste/vers.

On the bright side now more than one piece of our tier has crit on it! It went from just the helmet to the legs and the helmet.
    Where do you get that Holy "not really" needs mastery? Since Crit is going to take a dumpster in value with the tierset (We are already hitting 45% crit chance, even with the stat nerf, we are going to be capping crit), Vers is still tied with Mastery when it comes to performance (fight and preferrence dependant.)
    Last edited by Alextros; 2016-12-06 at 11:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So.... They made elemental shamans even more about crit, yet they removed alot of the crit stat from the tier set.... Sure...that makes sense.....&#¤¤&"#SHIT!
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Why don't they just make tiers always use your two highest stats. Especially now when different specs doesn't have different sets.
    Last edited by Sylf; 2016-12-06 at 12:08 PM.

It's sad to see that they added haste to pretty much all leather non-tier piece and haste is the worst stat for ALL DPS that wears leather, except for balance druid. I feel like someone at Blizz play that class/spec.

Anyway. here are the stats for rogue set.
    Before
    Mastery: 4168
    Crit: 1080
    Vers: 0
    Haste: 2366

Total: 7614

After
    Mastery: 2105
    Crit: 2359
    Vers: 1352
    Haste: 1800

Total: 7616

Deleted
    This must be some joke. There is almost no reason for me to go there as holy priest (crit+mastery). wtf are they doing, I should be looking at new raid loot with awe and anticipation but this is some flat uninteresting garbage. i bet jay wilson is behind all this. Im soo close to canceling my sub. just one more little thing....
    Last edited by mmoc2b872707b4; 2016-12-06 at 12:29 PM.

Wow... still only one piece of hunter tier with haste/mastery.
    Tier stat itemization was already trash before, they changed it... still trash. Thanks Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    For Holy, Vers is somewhat tied with mastery, it depends on fight and preferrences. I know Ret do not want it, but Mastery only sucks for Holy if the team is completely spread. Mastery will outperform the healing portion of Vers at about 20 yards.

Overall we gained about 2% crit, 1% haste and 1.5% Vers at the loss of about 7-8% mastery (Calculations on Live would be about 9%) The crit is a meh, since you would already be capping crit with tierset now, where after the value just dumps, Haste is w/e and the vers difference is not going to make up for it. So the crit gains were good, the point of it means we don't have to lose crit for putting on another piece of the tier set aside from the helmet.

Where do you get that Holy "not really" needs mastery? Since Crit is going to take a dumpster in value with the tierset (We are already hitting 45% crit chance, even with the stat nerf, we are going to be capping crit), Vers is still tied with Mastery when it comes to performance (fight and preferrence dependant.)
    I prefer vers to mastery even though I'm at 32% mastery. It did cut way too much mastery in exchange for haste. I know 2/3 of our specs need haste but still.

Also the crit isn't meh. If our tier helmet and legs didn't have crit on them I'd be 6% under the crit cap. My current helmet has 900+ crit, imagine losing that? Same with the legs. I'm at 43% crit right now, if I lost crit from putting on 2 pieces of the tier set the bonus wouldn't matter since I'd dip into the mid 30s. Same goes for a lot of people.

You're not wrong, there's a bit too much mastery loss but it's in exchange for haste which 2/3 of our specs also need. Not really sure what to say about it.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-12-06 at 01:00 PM.

Anyone like the irony of "so much versatility" and yet... not so much versatility?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I wish they knew how to make vers an interesting stat but I don't think its really going to happen. I mean flat damage increase and damage reducer sounds ground until you realize you need SOOOO much of it to really make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    What spec really needs mastery that much? Definitely not ret, not really holy. Does prot? Thought prot was haste/vers.

On the bright side now more than one piece of our tier has crit on it! It went from just the helmet to the legs and the helmet.
    Arms warriors want to stack as much mastery as possible. Any item with no mastery or very little mastery is crap.

Deleted
    holy sh*t just give us reforging back -.-

Deleted
    People actually think that blizzard gives a shit about stat weights?

So much versatilitrash.

Deleted
    Blizzard have no idea about their own game, its becoming a fking joke at this point. They made such a good job with legion launch and they are atm killing everything that they could have done well with their first major patch.

Blizzard, please learn the stat weights of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkam View Post
    Arms warriors want to stack as much mastery as possible. Any item with no mastery or very little mastery is crap.
    Talking about the paladin tier mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    holy sh*t just give us reforging back -.-
    This. If they can't really handle stats and such, just let us do it with reforging.

He said the reason they don't want it in the game is because it made a useless piece of gear useful, and that people just went to AMR to ask what stat they should reforge to.

Sure, but that's better than what we've got now. Plus people are doing that now anyway, but instead people farm mythic+ in order to replace a piece of raid gear because the stats are so fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Wonder if Blizzard ever thinks about how about versatility is a stat people try to avoid as much as possible if you're not a tank?
    vers is a good stat for some specs, even when it was the #1 stat you ended up with 5% of it because it wasn't on any gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I wish they knew how to make vers an interesting stat but I don't think its really going to happen. I mean flat damage increase and damage reducer sounds ground until you realize you need SOOOO much of it to really make a difference.
    Uhm all stats mean flat damage increase except haste, what often (always?) makes a difference if a spec in joyful to play or not.

Seriously i would go the radical path here. Just remove all secondary stats from gear, make this game a Moba gearwise, i won't complain. Stats are a relic from the age of roleplay gaming. Find other ways to distingish gear apart from ilvl 820 ring is better than 800 ring.

Make faster specs and slower specs to keep the haste factor alive. Like Windwalker is faster dual wielder, Fury is mid and Frost DK is slowest.

This whole nonsense about stat priority lists, breakpoints, simcraft, whine threads about wrong stats on gear etc would just disappear.
    Last edited by mmoc442be69514; 2016-12-06 at 02:20 PM.