Thread: #FreeBearing

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I thought Bearing was Australian not Canadian? Darn it I ant my channel back.. Feel like alot of my subscribed channels are being shut down.

Read "Brave New World" It is actually closer to what has been happening in well over a decade now. Big brother entertains you into complacency. Unlike 1984s Big brother is watching and and punishing.

Read "Brave New World" It is actually closer to what has been happening in well over a decade now. Big brother entertains you into complacency. Unlike 1984s Big brother is watching and and punishing.
    lol wut. Really?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolknight View Post
    I thought Bearing was Australian not Canadian? Darn it I ant my channel back.. Feel like alot of my subscribed channels are being shut down.

ya he was shut down cause he stole some ones art for every one of his videos take your big brother nonsense some where else.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people make the argument about bearing ripping off that cartoon, and they have a right to taking him down because it's a rip off of their property, I think about how Disney directly ripped off kimba the lion in making its most successful animated movie, yet has never faced any kind of prosecution for it.

There's even been reported cases of marvel and DC ripping off one another over the years in character design.

So I guess it's fine to rip off if your a huge company.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    It's used under parody though. Strange how it was flagged after all these years, all three times at the same time.
    But nowadays people r xtra salty cyz trump won n will lash out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    But nowadays people r xtra salty cyz trump won n will lash out.
    Honestly, doing some research into it, I think Bearing shot himself in the foot because he did much less to show how it IS a Parody.

Considering he and his girlfriend BOTH use the Bear AND the Girlfriend bear, there must be a reason behind it. I hope bearing can get back on his feet quickly though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    There's even been reported cases of marvel and DC ripping off one another over the years in character design.

One of the latest Venom Comics literally rips off Tau Model designs for some of the spaceships.

7+ Year Old Account
    When people make the argument about bearing ripping off that cartoon, and they have a right to taking him down because it's a rip off of their property, I think about how Disney directly ripped off kimba the lion in making its most successful animated movie, yet has never faced any kind of prosecution for it.

there's a difference between taking a design and changing it and taking some one's one for one image and using/selling it.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, doing some research into it, I think Bearing shot himself in the foot because he did much less to show how it IS a Parody.

Considering he and his girlfriend BOTH use the Bear AND the Girlfriend bear, there must be a reason behind it. I hope bearing can get back on his feet quickly though.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the latest Venom Comics literally rips off Tau Model designs for some of the spaceships.
    his sue of the bearr is not a parody he is not parodying the show in any way he just took there art and used it as an avatar then sold it on shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a reason why it isn't buddy?
    It's not "censorship" in any sort of legal sense because Youtube can ultimately choose to feature any video they want or remove any video that they don't want to. They aren't a government service.

It's just shitty and exploitable design.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Don t watch him hes to much to the right

It's used under parody though. Strange how it was flagged after all these years, all three times at the same time.
    WWF went a good two decades before being forced to switch to WWE

10+ Year Old Account

Imma stop you right there.

Kimba and the Lion King's stories share absolutely nothing in common besides the fact that they involve lions. Simba means "lion" in Swahili. Kimba is a series about a lion and his conflicts with humans. The Lion King is a musical adaptation of Hamlet with animals and a happier ending. You might as well say Madagascar is a ripoff of the Lion King.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Is there a mental block preventing you from being able to tell the difference between heavily referencing something and taking a screenshot of that something and presenting it as yours? Because to me, personally (and maybe I'm just crazy) those two pictures you linked look pretty different.

Welcome to the desert of the real. I know reality can be harsh some times, but I'm glad you've finally made the choice to join us. Yes. Huge companies have the power to get away with shit that some ordinary schmuck couldn't. Happens all day every day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's not "censorship" in any sort of legal sense because Youtube can ultimately choose to feature any video they want or remove any video that they don't want to. They aren't a government service.

It's just shitty and exploitable design.
    it wasn't exploited it was a legit case of copy right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Is there a mental block preventing you from being able to tell the difference between heavily referencing something and taking a screenshot of that something and presenting it as yours? Because to me, personally (and maybe I'm just crazy) those two pictures you linked look pretty different.
    "heavily referencing" nothing; they both look like every statue of a lion, ever.

It's similar to the whole "Mists of Pandaria ripped off Kung-Fu Panda!" tripe. Yeah, they have similar artistic sensibilities in their buildings and architecture... because they both draw from the same source material.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    it wasn't exploited it was a legit case of copy right.
    I mean moreso for other videos, especially when they abrogate "fair use" policies when claiming copyright infringement.

It becomes an issue of "law" when they claim legal reasons for taking something down but legal reasons back up the person whose video it is.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Did you even watch the documentaries on how much disney ripped from the original movie made? Its plagiarism straight up, and yet never gets brought up because of how big disney is.

Welcome to the desert of the real. I know reality can be harsh some times, but I'm glad you've finally made the choice to join us. Yes. Huge companies have the power to get away with shit that some ordinary schmuck couldn't. Happens all day every day.
    and that should be an acceptable premise.. why? you don't really have an argument there when its being called a shitty principle.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you even watch the documentaries on how much disney ripped from the original movie made? Its plagiarism straight up, and yet never gets brought up because of how big disney is.

and that should be an acceptable premise.. why? you don't really have an argument there when its being called a shitty principle.
    when talking about copy right over all it gets brought up all the time but that doesn't make it relevant in a case like this. yes disney can steal idea's and get away with it cause they have the money to back it but but even disney doesn't just 1 for 1 steal some one else picture and try and sell it.

He used their intillectual property clearly and I don't feel it was used as parody, satire or criticism. YouTube did the right thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN9aFF3_n_A&t=0s

And turns out he fessed up to his cock up, was prepared to pay up for it, admits it was laziness on his part, and now looking to the future of what to do with his character.

I do love how a simple breakdown by the one being accused makes more sense then any shit thrown around on forums.
    #boycottchina