Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

RIP Tier Stats for Arms/Fury

Tier Set Piece Changes
    Warhelm of the Obsidian Aspect: 817 Critical Strike and 688 Haste -> 1075 Haste and 430 Mastery
    Shoulderplates of the Obsidian Aspect: 346 Critical Strike and 782 Haste -> 492 Versatility and 636 Mastery
    Chestplate of the Obsidian Aspect: 494 Critical Strike and 1010 Haste -> 1042 Critical Strike and 462 Versatility
    Legplates of the Obsidian Aspect: 946 Critical Strike and 559 Haste -> 623 Critical Strike and 881 Haste
    Gauntlets of the Obsidian Aspect: 782 Haste and 346 Versatility -> 467 Critical Strike and 661 Mastery
    Greatcloak of the Obsidian Aspect: 314 Critical Strike and 532 Mastery -> 278 Haste and 568 Versatility

If you were looking forward to your tier set upping your haste, think again. You get nada.
    Last edited by Leyl; 2016-12-07 at 03:49 AM.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Comparing old vs new stat balance:

Old:
    Crit - 2571
    Mastery - 532
    Haste - 3821
    Ver - 346

New:
    Crit - 2132
    Mastery - 1727
    Haste - 2234
    Ver - 1522

I like the increase in Mastery and Ver, but would like to take 400-500 points from crit and put that into haste. Or maybe a 40% Mastery and 60% Haste split.

Edit: I'm not the most knowledgeable person playing this class, but it IS annoying that Crit has such a high allocation considering that I think all 3 specs value it last on a priority list, in general. I like that they reallocated the stat balance, but the crit amount just sort of taints it.
    Last edited by Uruvsuurt; 2016-12-06 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    Tier Set Piece Changes
    Warhelm of the Obsidian Aspect: 817 Critical Strike and 688 Haste -> 1075 Haste and 430 Mastery
    Shoulderplates of the Obsidian Aspect: 346 Critical Strike and 782 Haste -> 492 Versatility and 636 Mastery
    Chestplate of the Obsidian Aspect: 494 Critical Strike and 1010 Haste -> 1042 Critical Strike and 462 Versatility
    Legplates of the Obsidian Aspect: 946 Critical Strike and 559 Haste -> 623 Critical Strike and 881 Haste
    Gauntlets of the Obsidian Aspect: 782 Haste and 346 Versatility -> 467 Critical Strike and 661 Mastery
    Greatcloak of the Obsidian Aspect: 314 Critical Strike and 532 Mastery -> 278 Haste and 568 Versatility

If you were looking forward to your tier set upping your haste or mastery, think again. You get nada.

Say what? The new itemization has way more mastery than the old one.

Not sure what you're talking about, there was almost no mastery on anything before. Seems better to me. I imagine Fury warrs will be disappointed that it isn't haste stacked but who honestly thought that would stay?

Deleted
    Seems like they just slapped each of the six possible 2-stat combinations on the pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Uruvsuurt View Post
    Edit: I'm not the most knowledgeable person playing this class, but it IS annoying that Crit has such a high allocation considering that I think all 3 specs value it last on a priority list, in general. I like that they reallocated the stat balance, but the crit amount just sort of taints it.
    I presume it's the good old first tier gear has to have a lot of the shitty stats rule which obviously is quite retarded when you can have bis stats on any piece otherwise.

Deleted
    They just slapped fury warriors in the face again to give arms warriors a better itemization on top of their massively superior set bonuses

Sucks the gloves are one of the items with Mastery. But 2 pieces with mastery is better than 1.

so what? most people run 4/5 sets anyways. just pick your least favorite peace and replace. the sky is not falling.

Deleted
    problem is ....haste was on almost every peice which made fury itemization easier. now it seems more like "go arms or go home asshole"

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    so what? most people run 4/5 sets anyways. just pick your least favorite peace and replace. the sky is not falling.
    Sky isn't falling but one of the best legendary, the helm is in competition with the tier piece who have the more haste on it... so yes it's a shiity stats swap, we are losing so much haste...
    Even with 4/5 we will have less haste that we can have right now... + with the secondary stats weight change that will occur soon, probably we will take another slap in the face when they will lower haste value...
    Last edited by Ihatepanda; 2016-12-07 at 04:58 AM.

The feeling when HotS can implant a literal classic 1:1 WoW Warrior with Varian and have him play 10 times better than the shit in Legion.

Still have a chance to change blizzard's way of itemizing this. Go to the Warrior forums and post a constructive argument, given them how unfair the way they've set up the stats and if someone has or will get the legendary gloves for Arms (no idea what Fury prefers) and to also lower the crit value and boost haste. Basically make the gloves crap and give us better stats somewhere else, like the leggings for example.

RIP?

They were absolutely turdshite for Arms, this is a marginal improvement.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepanda View Post
    Sky isn't falling but one of the best legendary piece (helm) is taking HUGGGGE part of the mastery... so yes it's a shiity stats swap...
    Even with 4/5 we will have less haste that we can have right now... + with the secondary stats weight change that will occur soon, probably we will take another slap in the face when they will lower haste value...
    Can you explain your post please? The set helm now has haste / mastery, the legendary helm has haste / mastery. How is that a 'shitty stats swap'? Previously the set helm had Crit / Haste - not ideal for either class. What has happened is that we now have Haste / Mastery on our helm, whether you have the set piece or the legendary.

If they change the stat weighting in the near future and devalue haste, and there is now less haste on the tier pieces, how is that a bad thing? If haste becomes less valuable why would we want more of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsue View Post

If they change the stat weighting in the near future and devalue haste, and there is now less haste on the tier pieces, how is that a bad thing? If haste becomes less valuable why would we want more of it?
    Incorrect thinking. They could change arma mastery in the next build so why care about mastery?

Just because it could change doesnt mean it will. Anything could change at any time and you dont plan for changes you cant predict

Quote Originally Posted by TheBull300 View Post
    Incorrect thinking. They could change arma mastery in the next build so why care about mastery?

Just because it could change doesnt mean it will. Anything could change at any time and you dont plan for changes you cant predict
    Wow really? Cheers for that. I'm well aware that gearing for a predicted change in stats that may never pan out is not the right way to do things. You've completely missed the point I was addressing, which was someone saying they felt haste value would be lowered in the near future in the same post that they were complaining about the amount of haste we were getting on items being reduced.

They should get back the old tier system, each spec has differents stats. Just hope they dont screw up for Fury warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsue View Post
    How would they devalue haste? Right now we want as much as possible because it enables our rotation, if our haste gets reduced we want even more. Go timewalk and play fury with 14% haste, its horrible.
    I can imagine fury wearing only 2 piece if we cant get 26%+ haste. And that would be a shame because 4 piece bonus is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlafmangel View Post
    How would they devalue haste? Right now we want as much as possible because it enables our rotation, if our haste gets reduced we want even more. Go timewalk and play fury with 14% haste, its horrible.
    I can imagine fury wearing only 2 piece if we cant get 26%+ haste. And that would be a shame because 4 piece bonus is decent.
    This has become a fantastic example of people misreading and misunderstanding posts. The guy I quoted discussed Haste being lowered in value - not me. If they restructure the class somehow and lower the value of Haste (as the guy I quoted said, again - not me) then you would typically want less Haste depending on where it fell it terms of stat weightings.

How would they devalue Haste? I have no idea, it's kind of irrelevant to the point I was making.

Edit - for clarification in case people misunderstand, 'lowering the value of Haste' refers to lowering it's value as a stat, not lowering our Haste % without any change in mechanics / class design / stat weights.