What comp works with Shadow Priest in 2s and 3s?

I have a friend who loves to PvP but only plays shadow. I have been playing with him on my fDK and he is getting fairly frustrated because when we lose games (which happens quite often) he feels (correctly I think) that if I were playing with a different class it would be easier. 2v2 has just been to cap for the week when we can, but we are in higher ratings now and it is far far harder. 3v3 we have played with rdruid and MW monk.

I want to roll a class that can work with shadow to a reasonable level (2k for starters) with the new artifact catchup, but I don't see any spriests in arena to know what they are working with.

Essentially every game he is the train target, so I am leaning towards something that has strong peel power. I am thinking either a WW monk, or a boomkin. I think if I can just free him up a little bit he can do some good damage, but on the DK I just don't have anything to peel with on a consistent basis. I also am pretty decent at playing lock, but I think it would be harder as lock is just as immobile as shadow.

So what do you guys see shadow priests playing with this season that seems to have a decent chance at working in the current melee environment?

There is a reason why you see no shadowpriests in arena, you know...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    There is a reason why you see no shadowpriests in arena, you know...
    Priests are represented, but I think I just don't run into them in the lower brackets where I am at. There are people that have not given up and still play, I am curious to hear from them or people who have played against them.

Deleted
    In the world of meleecraft, a shadow is a subhuman wretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, first let me say shadow + 2s = bad time. Shadow NEEDS a babysitter in arena at all times, so as you said a class with the best peels. Frost mage, sub rogue, WW monk all come to mind, and the healer you bring needs to be able to self peel to at least to some extent because of all the babysitting you need to do for shadow. Shadow is much better in 3s than in 2s but it's still going to be hell. I still PvP as shadow but I wont touch arena (2s or 3s) with a 1 million yard pole because of how steep of a uphill battle it is just to scrape up a win.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

I really just want to help him get to 2k so he can get the transmog. He has pretty much given up getting there sadly. He has been trying to do it in RBG but that is really hit or miss as well.

Guess we will just slog it out.

Deleted
    I have been playing with shadow priest as a protection paladin up to 2,1k mmr in 2s. Games weren't easy but winnable. When we hit a wall I went holy and it was ok, some comps were easier some were harder than when I was prot. I guess holy/prot paladin is ok'ish partner for sp in 2s and in 3s (for holy). Sadly 7.1.5 brings some nerfs to prot that will make them less viable in 2s and 3s. I prefer prot to holy when it comes to fun pvp. Such a shame.
    Last edited by mmoc70920841bc; 2016-12-02 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    I have been playing with shadow priest as a protection paladin up to 2,1k mmr in 2s. Games weren't easy but winnable. When we hit a wall I went holy and it was ok, some comps were easier some were harder than when I was prot. I guess holy/prot paladin is ok'ish partner for sp in 2s and in 3s (for holy). Sadly 7.1.5 brings some nerfs to prot that will make them less viable in 2s and 3s. I prefer prot to holy when it comes to fun pvp. Such a shame.
    Shadow is actually getting buffed overall if you've been keeping up with the latest PTR changes. S2M is getting nerfed as well as a 10% damage nerf to voidform, but we'll be able to get in voidform faster(insanity generation has been buffed) and are getting a 25% buff to all our spells which will be a strong overall buff to Shadow's DPS.

Shadow for 2's is painful so I wouldn't bother. But for 3's there's always god comp, FPS, rogue/spriest.