Thread: 7.1.5 Choice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    It actually does. Rock paper scissors, and when there are barely any rocks in the game paper pretty much blows, regardless of how good it is against rock.
    I like how you just forget about all the other things we've said it won't just be arcane mages. Even if it remains it will probably be the hardest counter currently in the game.

new mana break deals 20% FLAT dmg to every1, rogues, warriors, DH, and mana users. so there is that.

A lot of classes other than healers go OOM pretty fast, as ppl pointed out above Lock, Arcane, Enh, i may also add Ret, when ret casts 3-4 FoL we are oom, so if dh uses mana break, guess what 70% hp are gone right there.

I honestly think DH will be top tier in certain comps in 3s like with UA lock or feral, and definitely will be very very strong in 2s.

I think pretty much every class is able to stay at full mana without trying very hard, and healers in 2v2 certainly don't tend to go OOM.
    So we're going to balance the game around 2's now? Got it

Deleted
    Sorry, who can DHs actually cast mana break on? No classes that I'm aware of actually lose mana in PvP.

Maybe if you land a bunch of mana rifts, but I still don't see that being more effective than just DPSing.
    Sad to hear you experience arena like that. Might be something wrong with your rotation/gear/skill if you cannot oom a healer (especially at higher damp)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Actually, tbh I'm not sure with them. I know boomkin has 2 bars, mana and the astral power, and feral has energy and mana, so i figured it would be the same. But i'm likely wrong, and it might use maelstrom

- - - Updated - - -

Just asked my enhance mate, they do have a mana bar, healing surge costs mana. Same with elemental. So they're both vulnerable
    I'm guessing they'll be vulnerable, even though you can't actually SEE their manabar as as DH.

For example, a Shadow priest only shows insanity for other players, while they still have mana.. 4 shadow mends and they're oom.. ONE mass dispel and they're oom.

It's similar, as said by others, for enhancements, ferals, boomkins, they have mana, enemies just can't see the bar.

Then we have the mana classed hybrids, such as rets, where you can see it, and they still go oom in like 4 casts.

As an affliction lock I need to constantly life tap, but still find myself ooming quite a lot. (l2p issue though). But I mean, 2 full drain lifes pretty much empties my manabar.

Quote Originally Posted by squeekinator View Post
    So we're going to balance the game around 2's now? Got it
    I don't know, are we? You guys are the ones here claiming mana break will be OP in 2s.

Deleted
    Enhance,elem, mookin,ret all hybrids have small mana bars that easily get oomed.

Mana break is just stupid, thats all there is to it. It seems Blizzard can't create good mechanics, they just add +10000 damage and call it fun

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Enhance,elem, mookin,ret all hybrids have small mana bars that easily get oomed.

Mana break is just stupid, thats all there is to it. It seems Blizzard can't create good mechanics, they just add +10000 damage and call it fun
    Doesnt mana break only work on classes with real mana? I.e it does nothing on enh or ele or spriest etc.

I don't know, are we? You guys are the ones here claiming mana break will be OP in 2s.
    I said it was going to be OP, especially in 2's. Not, "it's going to be OP in 2's, therefore needs to be nerfed". Regardless of it being arenas, rbgs, or even random bgs, this thing has the capability to take away 50% of your health in one global. That shouldn't be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Doesnt mana break only work on classes with real mana? I.e it does nothing on enh or ele or spriest etc.
    I'm pretty sure mana break only works on visible mana bars.

I'm pretty sure mana break only works on visible mana bars.
    The new tool tip says 20% dmg flat (last time i checked a week ago), so i assume even rogues/wars/dks will lose 20% hp flat, just not the additional hp based on mana missing, unless i ma miss-understanding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    The new tool tip says 20% dmg flat (last time i checked a week ago), so i assume even rogues/wars/dks will lose 20% hp flat, just not the additional hp based on mana missing, unless i ma miss-understanding it.
    I agree, they will take whatever the base damage amount ends up being. At the moment on live, that's exactly 10 damage.

It's a button that nobody really presses; I'm amused to see complaining about it here already.