Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two weeks of NH now.. anyone give this a shot and get some success? Or is this a dead-build?

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    There is 70K DPS difference in sims between having felblade (even with the ring) and Fel Mastery so I doubt it.
    Demonic is only ahead of 222x311 build with Raddon's and still.
    Ring + Felblade + DB + First Blood (Chaos Cleave with > 30% mastery and good crit%) is very very much ahead.
    after the nerf to demonic it isn't worth it to use demonic single target. instead of fixing the issue they broke single target with that nerf. they should of given demonic a low ICD like 15-16 seconds. that wouldn't of been bad for single target. instead only allowing demonic to be refreshed once completely breaks the build. I'm probably going to change mains now unless they revert that and I won't be updating or changing anything on this post either. just FYI, consider the guide abandoned indefinably

The Build is doing Decent In NH Normal and Heroic but Don't expect to be top DPS , you will be in the middle of the raid .

Deleted
    For me the build only sims a fraction lower than the standard build on single target. Kinda surprising!

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tried this build in mythic+ and I had so much fun. It was only a +3 but damn this build is amazing. I hope this build is here to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    after the nerf to demonic it isn't worth it to use demonic single target. instead of fixing the issue they broke single target with that nerf. they should of given demonic a low ICD like 15-16 seconds. that wouldn't of been bad for single target. instead only allowing demonic to be refreshed once completely breaks the build. I'm probably going to change mains now unless they revert that and I won't be updating or changing anything on this post either. just FYI, consider the guide abandoned indefinably
    I've been tempted to try it. I have all the parts but Raddon's. I have shoulders/ring, currently so I could try it. But I think the helm would fair far better than the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder though, with Raddon's wouldn't the built still be very good in specific fights? You can get a lot of resets in Skorpyron, Anomaly (delay if needed for the small adds), Aluriel (on elementals), Tichondrius (can reset a lot with bloods and bats), Botanist (lashers and bosses, but not on Mythic). It would be dead for Triliax, Krosus, and poor for Augur (though good in Void), Elisande and Gul'dan (though good for Eyes early on I guess).

Obviously this is not ideal to keep the spec valid. But if you are struggling with Tichondrius or Aluriel it will probably be a good idea to check the built if you have Raddon's
    Skorp, Anomaly and Tich all have damage buffs or vulnerability phases that make not taking CB a liability. Your numbers may look fantastic on add damage, but you're not directing the damage where it matters. On botanist, the adds are way too spread out and die too quickly to make a demonic build make sense. If you've got enough adds up that you're getting EB resets from the lashers, you're screwed anyways. On Auriel, adds need to die quick and generally do, but again, the damage needs to go on Auriel rather than the adds.

Basically, CB > Demonic for this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathanael View Post
    Two weeks of NH now.. anyone give this a shot and get some success? Or is this a dead-build?
    I've been using it on Spellblade and Botanist. Seems to do fairly well, for me at least.
    Might be the raddon's talking though.

Next week I can hopefully try Skorpyron as a dps again though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder though, with Raddon's wouldn't the built still be very good in specific fights? You can get a lot of resets in Skorpyron, Anomaly (delay if needed for the small adds), Aluriel (on elementals), Tichondrius (can reset a lot with bloods and bats), Botanist (lashers and bosses, but not on Mythic). It would be dead for Triliax, Krosus, and poor for Augur (though good in Void), Elisande and Gul'dan (though good for Eyes early on I guess).

Obviously this is not ideal to keep the spec valid. But if you are struggling with Tichondrius or Aluriel it will probably be a good idea to check the built if you have Raddon's
    I mean, for Aluriel and non-mythic bot I'd say it's the go-to if you have Raddon's. For the others, it comes down entirely to if you want to cheese dps meters, which it granted is VERY good at
    Last edited by Temp name; 2017-01-30 at 06:12 PM.

sorry for the necro, but how is this build in 7.2 w and w/o raddons
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    About the same as in 7.1.5 from my experience.

Hello fellow DH.
    Im playing demonic since lvling up and i love the spec. What i ve seen is the following.
    1) Demonic shines in aoe fights and mythic+ while it its not that good or raids.
    2) I think that sim is not accurate and could lead to false results as the gameplay is alot different than the sim "perfect" conditions.
    What i do in mythics with the 3323123 is that i go near the pack i build up enough fury for eye beam then i use vengeful retreat i use beam then if u have more than 11% haste you should be able to perform 1 blade dance and 1 chaos strike before momentum runs out. After that i use 1-2 demon bite and then i fel rush and use blade dance and 1-2 chaos strikes (depend if u got a soul fragment spawn) After that i there are 3 or more mobs i use chaos nova and hope for some fragments. At this point and i u have raddons your eye should be around 10 sec or if the mobs have died then by the shards you get it should be allready up again for the next pack. If you are against a boss then u skip the nova part and you should always focus on using blade dance after a fel rush or vengefull retreat. Keep in mind that before you use FR or VR that you should have at least 100 fury so u can spam CS for the 4 sec of momentum. I havent tested the chaos cleave yet but i will and i will reply with my results. This spec offer alot of uptime in momentum since the time between the packs reset the cd of fel rush but its a bit tricky on fights that have to be carefull with the positioning.