Deleted

Drape of Shame DISC

Hello fellow discipline priests! Can someone provide me with more detailed explanation about drake of shame cloak from karazhan maiden for discipline priests? Few people saying that it does not works on atonment healing, when they did test on each other, but i cannot trust that kind of statistics either cant find anything proper on internet either. Maybe someone can give me proper answer? Mend ?

15+ Year Old Account
    When I got this back, I tested it on a dummy and the proc seemed to work with atonement properly. It's easy to verify.

How good is this cloak? I've got 885 Cape of the duskwatch atm, which has great stats. Dubious about grinding this for my priest since the stats are bad... Although I am sitting at 30% crit, so I'm open to it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledzee View Post
    How good is this cloak? I've got 885 Cape of the duskwatch atm, which has great stats. Dubious about grinding this for my priest since the stats are bad... Although I am sitting at 30% crit, so I'm open to it.
    The cloak is good.

It's benefit isn't directly clear but some basic math shows us it's as good as, or better than at least an 895 cloak. The cloak's value goes up with crit. As you gain more crit, it gains more value. It's not a linear increase due to crits tendancy to overheal more, but it's close.

The benefit is actually really straight forward to work out. You got a 10% boost to crit heals, so essentially its a healing increase equal to 10% of your crit chance in terms of raw healing output.

To get a similar increase from haste, crit or vers, you need:
    325 haste = 1%
    350 crit = 1%
    400 vers = 1%

So basically, when comparing it to other cloaks, every 10% crit you have gives the cloak the equivalent of an extra ~350 secondary stats

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify - this is for disc, who doesn't have any special crit interactions (except the negligable smite absorb not being able to crit). For a class such as a hpal, where holy shock has extra crit chance, it's a different story.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Ledzee View Post
    edit

With 30% crit this cape gives 4,4 % increase to healing output. from base 100 (no crit) 30% crit = 60 of the total 130 output, 10 % of 60 = 6 %. -> 130+ 6=totalt healoutput 136 -> 6 %/136 = 4,4 %

with 35 % crit it gives a 5,1% increase.
    with 50 % crit it gives a 6,25 % increase.
    with 100% crit it gives a 10 % increase.
    Last edited by Morgan Pain; 2016-12-15 at 10:22 AM.