Deleted

Cvar settings reset?

Hi,

where is the place WoW is saving the Cvar changes? I made a fresh installation of WoW and I noticed that the things I changed are still working.

So I would like to know how can I completely set WoW back to default setings?

WoW saves CVars client-side afaik, but also synchronizes them to the server (by default)

You can manually reset them with this command or by deleting Config.wtf and all character-specific Config-cache.wtf files in the WTF folder
    Code:
    /console cvar_default
    Last edited by Ketho; 2016-12-12 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    WoW saves CVars client-side afaik, but also synchronizes them to the server (by default)

You can manually reset them with this command or by deleting Config.wtf and all character-specific Config-cache.wtf files in the WTF folder
    Code:
    /console cvar_default
    I haven't been able to use Outline Mode on my main WoW account since the feature came out, I have been able to on any of my alt accounts. Have made countless tickets in the years past requesting from blizzard to try and reset any server-side settings saved from my account and nothing had been fixed, not even addons promising to clear cvars. After giving up on it, today I thought I'd search for a way to clear cvars again and came across your post, can't thank you enough. Finally I can see visual features (such a outline mode) on my main account that I wasn't able to for years.