Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    hate to break it to ya, but technically they are falling under fair use.
    You mean that Weird Al guy hasn't been throwing the middle finger at the music industry for the last 30 years and disrespecting damn near every popular artist since?

step 1: post video that will trigger a group of people

step 2: watch google adsense numbers tick up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    hate to break it to ya, but technically they are falling under fair use.
    No they dont. This is not a parody.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    sure. all those people who have been pointing out how creepy the song is have all been wrong for years.

people have been calling the song rapey and weird for a long time this isnt the first or the last time this will happen.
    "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", and "Santa Baby" are much more creepy than this song, yet people dont bitch about them. And nobody said "Baby Its Cold Outside" was creepy either until after Y2K

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to about 10 seconds before I stopped. Vocally, they sounds great. Lyrically, the song is boring and pointless.

"I have to go"
    "Thats cool"

Wow... Really captured me with that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    First, there was the thread about something a crazy SJW said that got 29 likes on facebook.

Now there's an independent remix of a song that also most likely came from social media.

So now that Trump has brainwashed his followers into believing that all corporate media is lying, are we going to keep getting threads that's basically the equivalent of "LOOK AT WHAT MY FRIEND SHARED ON FACEBOOK, THIS SJW IS DOING SOMETHING WHACKY I DISAGREE WITH!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Is the OP aware that for instance, ''Oh Holy Night' was very badly translated from the French original with completely different meaning ?

Minuit, chrétiens, c'est l'heure solennelle,
    Où l'Homme Dieu descendit jusqu'à nous
    Pour effacer la tache originelle
    Et de Son Père arrêter le courroux.

(Lit : and to end the wrath of his father

SJW American ''Libural'' version that remove the Old Testament wrath (did I used the correct insults ?)

O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
    It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
    Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
    Till He appear'd and the soul felt its worth

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    sure. all those people who have been pointing out how creepy the song is have all been wrong for years.

people have been calling the song rapey and weird for a long time this isnt the first or the last time this will happen.
    Out of context, the song lyrics as a conversation would be kind of rapey. However, as someone already pointed out, it was written in the 1940's; it's fairly obvious that the woman is being coy for propriety's sake rather than her not actually wanting to stay the night.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No they dont. This is not a parody.
    the purpose and character of your use: Seems to be to parody/educate
    the nature of the copyrighted work: Once again to be parody/educate
    the amount and substantiality of the portion taken, and you might have a point here.
    the effect of the use upon the potential market. Wont really impact the market

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You mean that Weird Al guy hasn't been throwing the middle finger at the music industry for the last 30 years and disrespecting damn near every popular artist since?
    Weird Al has to get permission from the artist to do it. If they say no, he doesn't do it.

He is actually very respectful of the artists work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird Al asks permission for every song he does, and wont publish without permission. Its why he never put "Youre Pitiful" parody of the James Blunt song on an album. Fair Use does allow for parodies though which Weird Al falls under so he doesnt NEED to ask permission but he does it out of respect for the artists. Its also why he never parodied any Prince songs even though he really wanted to.

These SJWs arent making a parody, they are just remaking the song in their own distorted vision of how they think the world should work, which doesnt fall under fair use

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Weird Al has to get permission from the artist to do it. If they say no, he doesn't do it.

He is actually very respectful of the artists work.
    Except for that mishap with Coolio when he did Amish Paradise.

Are the people who made the original "Baby It's Cold Outside" still alive to even get permission?

These SJWs arent making a parody, they are just remaking the song in their own distorted vision of how they think the world should work, which doesnt fall under fair use

So basically they made a song, posted it on social media, and you don't agree with it so you feel the need to attack them? It sounds like the only person triggered here...Is you.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2016-12-12 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Out of context, the song lyrics as a conversation would be kind of rapey. However, as someone already pointed out, it was written in the 1940's; it's fairly obvious that the woman is being coy for propriety's sake rather than her not actually wanting to stay the night.
    i mean, did you watch the original from the movie i posted above? if a dude acted like that in real life he'd probably get maced.

the songs just plain creepy. even back then. the guys obnoxious and when the girl sings it they make her looks like she'd have a statue of him made out of used gum hidden in her closet like some crazy stalker
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    First, there was the thread about something a crazy SJW said that got 29 likes on facebook.

Now there's an independent remix of a song that also most likely came from social media.

So now that Trump has brainwashed his followers into believing that all corporate media is lying, are we going to keep getting threads that's basically the equivalent of "LOOK AT WHAT MY FRIEND SHARED ON FACEBOOK, THIS SJW IS DOING SOMETHING WHACKY I DISAGREE WITH!"
    If you would have read the entire article you wouldve seen this:
    Plus, they've drawn national attention from the likes of CNN and People, and they landed a recording deal with nonprofit label Rock the Cause. They recorded the song professionally Tuesday at Pearl Recording Studio in Minneapolis, and they expect it to be widely available by Dec. 16 on iTunes, Spotify, Tidal and other streaming sites.
    Hardly 2 people making a remix in their living room for fun. They have a record deal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Romance is dead in their poor, poor hearts

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Man the people that hate "SJW" sure can't shut the fuck up and let shit go.
    are you not doing the same thing? they found some thing they didn't like and changed it effecting no one, you found something you done like and are comping about it on a forum effecting no one, same thing really.

in their own distorted vision of how they think the world should work
    where... people give consent?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for that mishap with Coolio when he did Amish Paradise.

Are the people who made the original "Baby It's Cold Outside" still alive to even get permission?
    Probably not, but someone likely owns the rights to it.

Google says: in 1948 Loesser sold the rights to MGM.

Whether they still own it or not, Im not certain.

As I tried to say Orlong, you are aware that most Christmas songs were extensively rewrote ?

For instance, the most-Christmas of them, Holy Night, is not even English-based, let alone American (thus presumably impure and un-christian) : it's a FRENCH song whose traduction massacred the original meaning...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because they are throwing their middle finger to tradition and disrespecting the message that the author of the song was conveying. Not only that but they are making money off the back off someone else (stealing the song) and using it for their own message
    who gives a fuck about tradition, tradition changes all the time and just cause something is tradition doesn't make it a good thing. and is the author even alive? is the song ever under copy right? if not there hurting no one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Romance is dead in their poor, poor hearts
    Nothing screams "Holiday Romancin'" like just walking up to someone and grabbing them right in the pussy. I don't even ask! They just let me!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"