Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The irony is amazing it really is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    This does quite a bit to validate the Standing Rock Protest's concerns, which is why I'm waiting for the inevitable 'Lol false flag' comments.

But, seriously, I hope this gets cleaned up and resolved before it becomes too much of an issue. Oil accidents fuckin' suck and a contaminated water supply just makes things even worse.
    Or it shows that the pipeline was old and needed replaced and since the Standing Rock protesters were assholes and blocked it, they deserve to have it spilled in their water. They wouldve had a new one by now that was much safer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Or it shows that the pipeline was old and needed replaced and since the Standing Rock protesters were assholes and blocked it, they deserve to have it spilled in their water. They wouldve had a new one by now that was much safer
    ...The Standing Rock pipeline wasn't going to replace this one, but be in addition to it...

Dont worry folks, once the Trump administration effectively Guts the EPA, these kind of events will be so common that nobody will even bother reporting about them any more. Oh, and nobody will clean them up either.

Little oil in you drinking diet never harmed anyone .
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Little oil in you drinking diet never harmed anyone .
    It's got minerals, it can't be bad for you!

Ur argument would have weight if the new pipeline was going to replace it and guess what......It wasn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could've done a better job maintaining their pipelines so that the leak didn't happen or, if one did, that their sensors would tell them it was leaking then and not nearly a week later when it had already contaminated a bunch of water.

We can back and forth with the blame game on this, but I personally think that the increasing amount of pipeline spills just says we need to look to safer (And more localized) methods of energy generation.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    planes fall out of the sky sometimes too, no one's gonna stop flying them tho, we will just try to make them safer
    Problem being the political party that is in control of the Presidency, House, and Senate for at least the next 2 years is the party that wants less regulations on things like this...not more.

Deleted
    "That is our No.1 theory but nothing is definitive" Owen said. "We have several working theories and the investigation is ongoing."
    Smells like eco-terrorism sabotage.

Properly maintaining and upgrading pipelines costs too much for the oil companies. They've done the cost/benefit analysis and found that it's cheaper to clean up after a spill or make the government pay for the cleanup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a bit convenient but these shitty pipelines spill all the time. We'll see how it turns out. I'm 100% pro environment but if some shit heads did sabotage it they can go get fucked. If it was a legit fault of the pipeline then I'm never going to stop laughing at the irony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If all US pipelines were put end to end they'd wrap around the Earth a 100 times.
    4 million km of pipelines? Why not build an elevator to the moon instead? lol

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's got minerals, it can't be bad for you!
    It's basically made up of dead animals, and we eat those all the time!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Except, you know, eco-terrorists tend to care about the environment. Which would not likely lead them to causing a massive oil spill that gets into local water supplies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Seems a bit convenient but these shitty pipelines spill all the time. We'll see how it turns out. I'm 100% pro environment but if some shit heads did sabotage it they can go get fucked. If it was a legit fault of the pipeline then I'm never going to stop laughing at the irony.
    chillax, in the article:
    Part of the pipeline goes through a hill. Turns out this hill was unstable, and due to bad weather part of the hill sloughed off. Causing a rupture in the pipeline.

But that sabotage meme sure has legs didnt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    chillax, in the article:
    Part of the pipeline goes through a hill. Turns out this hill was unstable, and due to bad weather part of the hill sloughed off. Causing a rupture in the pipeline.

But that sabotage meme sure has legs didnt it.
    Personally I don't think it was sabotage. I read the theory but I want to wait until they've 100% confirmed that. More than likely though that was the problem. What's unacceptable is the detection equipment not functioning properly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Except, you know, eco-terrorists tend to care about the environment. Which would not likely lead them to causing a massive oil spill that gets into local water supplies.
    Ever heard of necessary evil? That concept can apply to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Eco terrorists, like all terrorists, want attention. They don't do stuff in secret. They burn down Hummer lots because it gets attention and then shout about how amazing and brilliant they are. If this was eco-terrorism, you'd hear about it, from whomever was responsible, because that's what they do.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Dont worry folks, once the Trump administration effectively Guts the EPA, these kind of events will be so common that nobody will even bother reporting about them any more. Oh, and nobody will clean them up either.
    A friend of mine just got a job with the EPA. Absolutely shite timing on that but nobody foresaw the shitfest we're about to get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I love it when all those liberal arts majors tell us how safe pipelines are. Its adorbs!
    Tell me, what are your thoughts on climate change?

Do all those egghead scientists with fancy degrees have that wrong?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.