Page 3 of 210 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious she was trained and then had a powerful mind wipe put on her. As well as a suggestion to "always go home" to Jakku, so she wouldn't wander. That's all within the context of the movie, it just seems some people aren't willing to pay attention.

Also, this is a world where people just seem to understand each other, especially droids. Chewbacca is the glaring exception, where it takes a few years for Luke and Leia to seemingly understand Wookiee.
    The flashback of her being left on Jakku shows her as like a toddler. While I've no doubt she was trained in his school and then sent away when the Knights of Ren destroyed the school and killed everyone, its absurd to think she learned all of that as a three year old.

The Jedi Order in its prime before Revenge of the Sith wasn't even capable of teaching kids that kind of stuff...

She was not 3 years old, I would have pegged her around 7 or 8. And we know from the prequels that they DO start as toddlers, so she may have had up to 5 years of training.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty underwhelming title I gotta say. Feels cliche

Forces of Destiny sounds like an expansion pack to a second tier video game :P

Also that would mean both mainline films would have "Force" in the title. I'm hoping this isn't the actual "Episode VIII" title.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Wow, that's actually a pretty underwhelming title.
    To be fair, that's what I thought of "The Force Awakens".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    She was not 3 years old, I would have pegged her around 7 or 8. And we know from the prequels that they DO start as toddlers, so she may have had up to 5 years of training.
    The actress who played young Rey was five when the movie was filmed. What kind of eight year olds are you hanging out with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, its a bad title, par for the course with Star Wars, they're mostly bad titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Middle movie in a star wars trilogy has to have a verb this can't be the real title.
    Technically, "forces" could be a verb, depending on the context. "He forces his way through."

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Literally every challenge that confronted her, she easily found her way out through the power of Mary Sue magic.
    I loved how they had to tell you she didn't mean to release the Rathtars on board the cargo ship. She could have kept quiet and it would have seemed like that was her plan the whole time.

As for the title "Forces of Destiny" bleh. Super vague and could apply to pretty much any of the movies.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2016-12-20 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    And I thought that The Force Awakens was already cheesy and cliche.
    Now to be clear "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" were deliberately cheesy titles intended as a throwback to film serials of the 30s and 40s (which Star Wars and Indiana Jones were homages to), which were already cliche and corny by the late 70s.

Even "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith" continued this tradition (the latter for obvious reasons), arguably "The Phantom Menace" too.

"The Force Awakens" isn't really the same kind of title, it's more modern cheese than old timey cheese. "Forces of Destiny" has a similar ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yea, its a bad title, par for the course with Star Wars, they're mostly bad titles.
    Deliberately though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The actress who played young Rey was five when the movie was filmed. What kind of eight year olds are you hanging out with?
    Actually, the actress who played young Rey was 7-8 when her scene was filmed.

This article says she's 8 years old as of January 2016.
    This article says she's 9 years old as of October 2016.
    The first article also says that casting for her part was done in late June 2015, more than half a year after principal photography was wrapped.
    This means that her scene was likely filmed in July/August 2015, making her most likely already 8 years old, or at least almost 8 years old.

So, yeah... not 5 years old.

Whether or not Rey is supposed to be 5 years old in that vision, however, is another matter entirely.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Then the pacing it totaly wrong, Imagen if this was the dialogue in RotJ.

Yoda: Defeat Vader you must
    Luke: That guy? I already defeated him twice.
    Yoda: oooo but stronger he become.
    Luke: I have to become stronger.

The final showdown between Luke and Vader will be watered down. Luke do not go into the fight as the underdog but as the ruling champion.

But what can Kylo do to give shivers down everyone's spine, he already cut down a defenseless man and order a village to be slaughtered and murdered his fader. Murder his mother or order the slaughter of a city will not raise the bar. The only thing that is left is "rape is a special evil" troop and I do not think Disney dare to move in that direction.
    wait when did Luke beat Vader before? Death Star, no, he used the Force to make shot and evaded him with flying skill, but he didn't beat Vader
    Cloud city? nope he held his own and gave Vader a few surprises, then got his assistant wiped and hand cut off.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    wait when did Luke beat Vader before? Death Star, no, he used the Force to make shot and evaded him with flying skill, but he didn't beat Vader
    Cloud city? nope he held his own and gave Vader a few surprises, then got his assistant wiped and hand cut off.
    He didn't defeat Vader before, that was the point of the post, that it would have diminished the villain to have him fail early as happened in the new movie. Right now Kylo Ren has more in common with a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain that is defeated week after week than he does with Vader, he is "watered down" and the drama was already haphazardly expended, all that remains is for some contrived power-up that again, has more place in a cartoon than in cinematic storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know how long after TFA this movie takes place? TFA left the story pretty open. A massive blow was dealt to the Republic, the First Order seemed like it was poised to mobilizing an attack against the core worlds, Kylo and Rey being trained. Leia (RIP Carrie Fisher) got news of her zone going full Vader.

I hope the turn Kylo into a full villain and not someone struggling with the light, the foundations of a good Star Wars villain is there. Not as strong as Vader for sure but his raw abilities showed a lot of potential. Where Vader was sort of coerced and brainwashed to the dark side, Kylo embraced it and struggled with fighting off the light, thats some hardcore Sithing right there (even though Kylo isn't Sith). He is also the leader of the Knights of Ren, not people you would want to meet in a dark alley.

I don't know, Kylo is an interesting to me as someone trying desperately to go out of his way to be a villain.

A bit back on topic, I hope the movie isn't full of scenes of Kylo and Rey being trained and more about the First Order making its move to revive the Empire.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Let's hope that title is a work in progress. It's too cheesy.
    They are supposed to be, every SW film is.

The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    A new hope
    The empire strikes back
    Return of the Jedi
    The force awakens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    wait when did Luke beat Vader before? Death Star, no, he used the Force to make shot and evaded him with flying skill, but he didn't beat Vader Cloud city? nope he held his own and gave Vader a few surprises, then got his assistant wiped and hand cut off.
    It was a remark about TFA and how stupid it was to alow Rey to defeat Ren twice in the first movie. I use Luke vs Vader as a exempel to show why Ren is "exhausted" as a major antagonist, regardless of how much training he gets.

Ren can still be used as a protagonist, he turn to the light and Rey turn to the dark, and she become the major antagonist. Now we know that the protagonist are weaker then the antagonist.

Edit for those who wonder.

Protagonist: the main caracter (normally the hero)
    Antagonist: the main opponent to the main caracter (normally the villain)
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2017-01-11 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Lucasfilm has filed a trademark to the European Union Intellectual Property Office for 'Star Wars: Forces of Destiny'; a 2,000-word list of related items including clothing, toys, staplers, Christmas tree ornaments, as well as motion picture films.

Forces of Destiny would of course link to the idea of Rey having some great, history-altering role to play in the future of the Jedi and the galaxy at large, so it's not entirely an awkward fit as the name of the next Star Wars film.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7468266.html
    DID SOMEONE SAY CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!?

ONLY 11 MORE MONTHS TO GO!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Ren can still be used as a protagonist, he turn to the light and Rey turn to the dark, and she become the major antagonist. Now we know that the protagonist are weaker then the antagonist.
    i seriously doubt they would be able to get everyone on board as Ren being the hero after killing Han Solo so evilly.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i seriously doubt they would be able to get everyone on board as Ren being the hero after killing Han Solo so evilly.
    Of course they could, all he would have to do is be remorseful and all would be forgiven. There are charaters in lots of movies that have done a lot worse and come back as the good guy everyone sympathises with.

But, I honestly hope they make Rey a villain. The franchise is dead to me while she is the mary sue protagonist, she is so unwatchable and boring. But to see her character go from princess perfect to a Darth Vader like villain....now that would be damn interesting.

Deleted
    i really hope that if there ever is a 10-13 movies, the main characters will be white males. and not multi culture and femenism.

Quote Originally Posted by IMloreeu View Post
    i really hope that if there ever is a 10-13 movies, the main characters will be white males. and not multi culture and femenism.
    What?

What?