View Poll Results: Who's better? Revan or Vader?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Darth Vader

28 48.28%
  • Darth Revan

30 51.72%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Darth Vader vs. Darth Revan: Who's better?

Million dollar question, MMO. Who's the better Sith, Vader or Revan? Character development, power, aesthetics, legacy, acting and voice acting, the whole nine yards, who's the better Sith?

I thought KotoR was a meh game. The twist was somewhat cool, but Vader is just a far more meaningful character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vader. He's the epitome of cool mysterious bad guy. There's only one I can think of who is better, and that is Bondrewd from Made in Abyss, and he is just Darth Vader with the sadistic Nazi doctor trope mixed in.

A great heel can always make the dullest of babyfaces shine, and I think Vader filled that role perfectly and laid the foundation that allowed Revan to thrive.

I think Vader's got to take everything but the fight if only for historical relevance alone. Sith being his explicit weakness wasn't so much of an issue when there was only one other one.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't even a fair comparison considering what Revan was capable of and indirectly accomplished with his legacy.

Vader was literally created as a result of Revan's teachings, he effectively destroyed the republic from beyond the grave by helping Bane create the rule of two.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    We know nothing of canon Revan outside they existed. All we have a name from Rise of Skywalker as evidence. No other mention of Revan elsewhere. There is reference to the Mandalorian Wars, but that isn't a direct Revan reference. So Canon Revan vs Canon Vader = Vader, just because we know nothing of Revan.

Now, we have Legends Revan and Legends Vader to consider. This is far closer. Legends Revan is pretty badass, but some of his most badass feats are comparable to Vader. And Revan was taken out by a random group of Sith Empire (which you could say was two Sith, an Imperial Agent and a Bounty Hunter). But, he then came back from the Dead because half his soul was too angry to die.

I still give the edge personally to Vader.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

For kicks, this was posted elsewhere:

To Whom it May Concern:

My family has been Sith and involved with the Dark Side for generations. My great grandfather was Darth Bastage responsible for slaughtering an entire city of Gungans just for kicks. Needless to say, they expect me to continue the family line as a Sith Lord being strong with the Dark Side. And for a long while I thought that was what I wanted.

But one night while at academy, a friend and I were up late smoking some midichlorians, and we got a little ... you know experimental. Long story short, I'm ashamed to admit it, but we saved a Wookie from being eaten by a Tuk'atak. I'm not sure how to say this, but it just felt "right". So we started fooling around with the Light Side of the force more and more.

Now I'm confused as to which side I really am. Should I come out of the closet to my family and admit that I might be Light Side? My Mother alone is likely to kill everything within a parsec if I do. Often I feel like I have pure hate and fury in my heart, but then sometimes I think there really is no emotion, only peace. But then I remember the Sith code that says peace is a lie. Sometimes I think I swing both ways and I'm really a Revanite.

What should I do?

Signed,
    Confused on Dromund Kaas

Darth Revan is both a deeper character and a more accomplished Force user at the end of the day. I don't see how this is even a contest, aside from people being attached to Vader's character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vader all day. The EU is plagued by power creep where nothing really died or had any weakness. Writers just made their characters to be more 'special' and powerful than the last.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Darth Revan is both a deeper character and a more accomplished Force user at the end of the day. I don't see how this is even a contest, aside from people being attached to Vader's character.
    Vader's strength comes from his simplicity. He is sheer unstoppable force, and it's part of his appeal.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    On one side you gave one of the best known villains of any thing ever, on the other you have a guy who only a sub sect of a sub sect of a fans even know about. It goes to Vader hands down in any category outside of lore feats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    On one side you gave one of the best known villains of any thing ever, on the other you have a guy who only a sub sect of a sub sect of a fans even know about. It goes to Vader hands down in any category outside of lore feats.
    Popularity/notoriety in media =/= power, feats, or in universe gravitas in this topic, and isn't even one of the major debates here.

Vader is the mainstream media equivalent of a Halloween monster these days, to say he's outright better because he's known is plain comical.

In universe, Vader is the boogeyman of the Rebellion. Revan is an ancient sorcerer who destroyed the space Mongolian invasion and essentially created an ideology by accident that destroyed a galaxy spanning government.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Popularity/notoriety in media =/= power, feats, or in universe gravitas in this topic, and isn't even one of the major debates here.

Vader is the mainstream media equivalent of a Halloween monster these days, to say he's outright better because he's known is plain comical.

In universe, Vader is the boogeyman of the Rebellion. Revan is an ancient sorcerer who destroyed the space Mongolian invasion and essentially created an ideology by accident that destroyed a galaxy spanning government.
    As I said Vader loses at lore feats, but in all other terms Vader is a massively influential figure around the globe while raven is some guy no one but us nerds have ever heard about.

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Easy Revan
    Easy vader

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexia-KulTiras View Post
    Easy Revan
    Much more accurate

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Vader all day. The EU is plagued by power creep where nothing really died or had any weakness. Writers just made their characters to be more 'special' and powerful than the last.
    Couldn't agree more and then Disney pulled that shit into the film universe and now we got sun eating multi magical missile planet killers, mini death star tec, force transporter magic, planetary orbit force lightning, and other laughably retarded shit all in just three films. Can't wait till the next trilogy has the force users fight by smashing planets into each other.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Can't wait till the next trilogy has the force users fight by smashing planets into each other.
    That would be super cool though