Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Corbyn isn't going to be able to create a viable opposition, he's unelectable. If Farron plays his cards right, he could end up as the leader of the opposition, he seems a sensible bloke, if a bit wishy washy. If he can make some sort of deal with the SNP, they may have a shot at a coalition Government in 2025, 2020 is probably too soon.
    Farron seems alright but he doesn't really stand out and the wishy washy-ness will go down badly in debates. I mean even when I've seen him makes points in the Commons which I generally agree with it just seems like white-noise. I also doubt we'll ever see SNP in Government at any point, the distrust revealed at the last GE of SNP influence doesn't seem like it'll disappear anytime soon.

I asked this before, but in the most important British political issue for decades, the Tories and UKIP come across as the parties that will honour the Brexit vote, with the SNP and Lib Dems opposed, and Labour are doing what? If Corbyn was kidnapped tomorrow, would anyone even notice for weeks? Would he?
    Yeah, honestly I have no idea what their stance is and that is pretty disappointing. I'm not sure if it's because he's trying to keep the PLP on board (although they're still pissed that there wasn't a 3 line whip for the Brexit negotiations vote) or if he's actually not thrilled about the EU.

Then you have Abbott and Thornberry, I expect this is an old joke by now, but they'd be better off with Abbott and Costello.
    Lol. I thought Thornberry's not bad (although I don't know much about her other than the white-van tweet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Farron seems alright but he doesn't really stand out and the wishy washy-ness will go down badly in debates. I mean even when I've seen him makes points in the Commons which I generally agree with it just seems like white-noise. I also doubt we'll ever see SNP in Government at any point, the distrust revealed at the last GE of SNP influence doesn't seem like it'll disappear anytime soon.
    I am not convinced Farron needs to do much, beyond let people know he has an opinion on Brexit. Labour seem to be doing the donkey work. I wouldn't rule out a Lib Dem/SNP alliance, it is a long shot, but not any more impossible than Trump being President of the US would have seemed 9 years ago.

Yeah, honestly I have no idea what their stance is and that is pretty disappointing. I'm not sure if it's because he's trying to keep the PLP on board (although they're still pissed that there wasn't a 3 line whip for the Brexit negotiations vote) or if he's actually not thrilled about the EU.
    Lots of those old school lefties hate the EU, he doesn't exactly seem overly keen on it. Labour are caught between a rock and a hard place, on the one hand fully back Brexit and risk losing their urban supporters to the Lib Dems, on the other, oppose Brexit and lose traditional Labour votes up North, whilst opening themselves up to acusations of being anti-democratic.

The Lib Dems had nothing to lose by coming out as opposing Brexit, Farron is aiming for those among the 48% who don't really give a shit what the result of the referendum was and that is a vote winner for him.

Corbyn has been outmaneuvered by every other party, Labour are a shambles.

Lol. I thought Thornberry's not bad (although I don't know much about her other than the white-van tweet).
    Some people just need to stay on the backbenches. Sir Eric Pickles was a prime example of that, I think he only got moved forward to provide ballast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Westminster is attempting to create a reserve of future UKIP voters I see.