Thread: Rogue PvP

Question Rogue PvP

I'm probably going to attract a lot of negative posts, but here goes:

Although my main PvP toon is a frost mage, I figured that I would play my new 110 rogue in PvP because I have a lot of fond memories of rogue PvP at lower levels.

But I'm run up against a wall that I can't seem to get over: Demon Hunters and Windwalkers. I know Rogues are supposed to harrass ranged folks and healers, but on the way to do that---almost as if I'm some sort of magnetic attractor---a DH or WW is directly on top of me and I have literally no way to escape.

How can you even damage a DH as a rogue? They see you a mile away, slow you (trinket) and then rush back and forth across you out of range of your weapons until you are dead. If you manage to get a hit in, they just fly up and pelt you from the sky. Vanish doesn't work at all. I feel completely useless when even a marginally competent DH (read: player isn't afk) is guarding a capture point or somewhere within 80 meters of me.

WW are not quite as bad, because I can stun them; but they get off a FoF, and I may as well pray for the sweet release of death. Feint? What's that you say as I lie on the ground as a bloody pulp?

I'd like to get better, but what I'm doing now is just not working at all. Anyone have tips beyond l2p/avoid these classes?

Steelangel,

You chose a very tough time to come back to your rogue. Rogues in the world are pretty powerful, but rogues in instanced pvp have been nerfed into the ground. Look at your stats next time you're in. They're cut in half, I got from 27,000+ in world, to 15,000 in instanced pvp. most your utility has been "pruned" away to simplify the class for the average player. They said they wanted to make rogues a glass cannon, but they gave us the glass, and took away the cannon. You're going to get slaughtered, you can harass people a lot, but when they turn to you, you're going to die, pali's and DK's can kill you in a single stun if they're any good. Travel in groups, stun people and hope you have friends that can kill for you until blizzard realizes how bad they F'd rogues over and revert the huge nerfs to us.

Rogues started strong in all their 3 specs, during the beta and still after some nerfs live on legion release.

Just didn't last long, they got a lot of PvE and even more PvP template nerfs, more than any other class, and all 3 specs are affected.

Maybe you can find a nerf history of the legion rogue, its quite hilarious how blizz overnerfed a pure dd class like this, in the end they denied all 3 specs to do any burst anymore in pvp. The dev team must have a quite shizophrenic understanding how to balance specs.

People that were desperate to find a nef with sub, found a clitch within the talent tier1 so they got sometimes burst with their artefact weapon's main ability, blizz instantly nerfed it, this was just recently. They nerfed the lowest dmg dealing spec - again.

Obviously, the wrong class designer and pvp lead is working for this company right now, thats not trying to achieve some balance its a fact that power shiftetd completely to hybrid classes now. just look over at arenamate.net for proof.

Pruning really shows after the nerfs too, i think the most missed ability is preperation by a landslide. Vanish and stealth breaks often due to DH or because it simply likes to break for no reason(stealth bug) and then you don't even have preperation anymore.

Burst of Speed got pruned too, but there are DH and WW monks who are still as fast and you don't benefit from a preperation reseting your cd on sprint either.

Some cc was removed too.

Mass stealth is coming back, but its not really important, preperation is.

Actually i think with the introduction of DHs rogues need 2 preps to compete with them or be as powerful before all the nerfs in their survival toolkit and dmg/burst.

Sadly rogues were hit hardest, its the current weakest class in the game considering all 3 specs in instanced PvP.

I do not think devs will fix the rogues anytime soon, that would require a lot of work and focus and i simply do not see that right now.

Simply play a ww monk/DH because, if you can't beat them join them.

also keep in mind a DH can see you really far into stealth with his spectral sight and breaks your stealth by attacking you so his comrade the frost dk/ret/ww monk will all turn on you, you can't hide anymore its not possible. Devs should nerf that ability at least to close/medium range.

Finally, its a ridiculous early expansion for PvP anyways, so what. If you only care about pvp that is about the art of outplaying someone with your cc while playing a bursty class, simply skip this until it got all fixed, nerfs reverted, abilities that got pruned back and the tunnel cleave meta of hybrid classes slowly smoothed out.(might require resilence again and pvp gear)

Maybe 7.2. will a bit better or 7.2.5.

7.1.5. does not look any promising so far. >.<
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-12-15 at 07:25 AM.