Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    So your critique is one-dimensional. In other words: it doesn´t matter how good or bad we are tuned, we are upset cause change. Period.
    Yes, because if I'm sold a fucking SEAT I want my fucking SEAT. I don't want a ferrary. I don't want a Lada. I don't want a renault. I want my fucking SEAT the SEAT I have been driving for weeks. If you don't grasp the problem I can't help you, again germans are bad at identifying and fixing problems...

And after reading the whole post I can confirm you're a retard.

Focused rage is a OFF GCD Rage Dump being a Heroic Strike/Cleave of sorts.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-17 at 04:36 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Yes, because if I'm sold a fucking SEAT I want my fucking SEAT. I don't want a ferrary. I don't want a Lada. I don't want a renault. I want my fucking SEAT the SEAT I have been driving for weeks. If you don't grasp the problem I can't help you, again germans are bad at identifying and fixing problems...

And after reading the whole post I can confirm you're a retard.

Focused rage is a OFF GCD Rage Dump being a Heroic Strike/Cleave of sorts.
    Well, after you insulted my nationality and me personally, I see that the arguments you have are sound and you look like a respectable person, who is able to support his sophisticated opinions with a solid foundation of reason. I am very impressed.

Here is some advice you might nit want to read unless your bloodvessels can take the increase of blood pressure any further:
    If you dont like what you get, quit.
    It is the first time, that I hear someone complain about change because of change. Please don´t act as if this is "the main issue" or "the core problem". Up until now, I had good discussions bout the changes, bad discussions about the changes... and you. WHo whined about change. Not subjects of change.
    Also, if you mean something, write it. Don´t expect me to mindread. You were so advanced to look for the problem on a meta level by making change the problem, not content of change. Why should I assume that you mean an off gcd rage dump if you talk about abilities with a long history? There is a diffrence between ability and effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I really enjoyed FR/IP weaving and those fat Shield Slams so for me they have ruined a perfectly good spec. It's crazy that of all the 3 specs that needed work I personally felt Prot was the best, and these are huge changes it is getting. Bah.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I really enjoyed FR/IP weaving and those fat Shield Slams so for me they have ruined a perfectly good spec. It's crazy that of all the 3 specs that needed work I personally felt Prot was the best, and these are huge changes it is getting. Bah.
    Weaving ain´t gone, but I´ll miss the 1mil+ Shieldslam crits, too :/ I hope they bake that sick shoulderbash animation into the new version of vengeance as well.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Weaving ain´t gone, but I´ll miss the 1mil+ Shieldslam crits, too :/ I hope they bake that sick shoulderbash animation into the new version of vengeance as well.
    FR is gone so weaving is gone, since Revenge is on the GCD it's not nearly the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    FR is gone so weaving is gone, since Revenge is on the GCD it's not nearly the same.
    You will still alternate revenge and IP with the vengeance talent. Revenge fills the full functionality of FR and devestate and deals aoe on top of that.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the changes but I feel like revenge does not need a 3 second CD and perhaps the damage needs adjusting based on comparison to other tanks.
    Retired in WoD

You will still alternate revenge and IP with the vengeance talent. Revenge fills the full functionality of FR and devestate and deals aoe on top of that.
    Yes but it's completely different gameplay wise. FR was off the GCD and buffed Shield Slam, which in turn through Ultimatum had a chance to provide free FR uses. The gameplay is not remotely the same, the spec plays completely differently now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but it's completely different gameplay wise. FR was off the GCD and buffed Shield Slam, which in turn through Ultimatum had a chance to provide free FR uses. The gameplay is not remotely the same, the spec plays completely differently now.
    It didn´t feel too diffrent for me on the ptr :/ The only benefit of FR being off gcd was, that you could do something else meanwhile. From that point of view nothing changed, they just merged two buttons. The free FR is replaced by a chance for free revenge with parry. High numbers of SS are replaced by higher numbers of revenge.

But meh. Perhaps that is objective. No hard feelings.

It didn´t feel too diffrent for me on the ptr :/ The only benefit of FR being off gcd was, that you could do something else meanwhile. From that point of view nothing changed, they just merged two buttons. The free FR is replaced by a chance for free revenge with parry. High numbers of SS are replaced by higher numbers of revenge.

But meh. Perhaps that is objective. No hard feelings.
    Well no it's purely subjective. You don't feel that there is much difference between actively pressing an off GCD ability (which can be used alongside other off-gcd abilities and standard gcd abilities simultaneosly or separately) and having those same things merged into another ability that we are pressing, that is a subjective view on the situation.

Objectively they have removed a button press and gameplay interaction. Before we were weaving 2 separate off-gcd abilities alongside our standard gcd rotation/priorities, now we are weaving 1 off-gcd ability with a modified version of the standard GCD rotation/priority.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-12-17 at 06:54 PM.

revert heavy reper nerf back to 1.5s , make revenge when it procs from parry to be free cost as it is AND off gcd and there we go

edit: change revenge talent tooltip to "when revenge crits X-thing happens" and here you are making revenge feeling core ability, that u want to use and not forced to use and giving crit some value.
    Last edited by server22; 2016-12-18 at 12:33 AM.

There are a number of problems with the new prot:
    1 - TC does not proc deep wounds. This causes a decrease in AOE pressure which is partially addressed by having TC and Rev do more damage.
    2 - Your main AOE ability and secondary ST ability can be silenced. I do not know if this has been addressed.
    3 - Rev is subject to RNG that is outside your control. Its distinctly possible for it not to be rage free even when AOE tanking. Currently you can freely use it as an opener.
    4 - This also causes an adverse interaction with AOE stun. I can currently use TC, Rev and SW in any manner I deem necessary. This is partially addressed by reducing the stun duration of Shockwave. I'm sure that was Blizzard's intent. Yep.
    5 - Nelfurion's Fury is still bunk but at least if Rev comes off cooldown, it can immediately be used. Its damage has not kept pace with the TC and Rev damage buffs even though it should be the most damaging 3 sec a Prot warrior can produce.

The only plus side to the changes is when I spec Devastator I know have a convenient spot to place Shield Bash. Which also should cause SS to reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    There are a number of problems with the new prot:
    1 - TC does not proc deep wounds. This causes a decrease in AOE pressure which is partially addressed by having TC and Rev do more damage.
    2 - Your main AOE ability and secondary ST ability can be silenced. I do not know if this has been addressed.
    3 - Rev is subject to RNG that is outside your control. Its distinctly possible for it not to be rage free even when AOE tanking. Currently you can freely use it as an opener.
    4 - This also causes an adverse interaction with AOE stun. I can currently use TC, Rev and SW in any manner I deem necessary. This is partially addressed by reducing the stun duration of Shockwave. I'm sure that was Blizzard's intent. Yep.
    5 - Nelfurion's Fury is still bunk but at least if Rev comes off cooldown, it can immediately be used. Its damage has not kept pace with the TC and Rev damage buffs even though it should be the most damaging 3 sec a Prot warrior can produce.

The only plus side to the changes is when I spec Devastator I know have a convenient spot to place Shield Bash. Which also should cause SS to reset.
    1. Doesnt matter, your rotation is probably gonna be Intercept > SB > SS > TC by then you should have enough rage to revenge and apply DW and continue REV/IP weaving
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

i also cant understand new never surrender. let me explain. i havent had the chance to test it on high M+/raid content but here are my thoughts: it either be crap (since u if u want dps/easymode/whatever u go devastator or if are going for high surv or not to stress your mediocore healer or pushing for a progression etc u go Indo) or OP. if u are confident with your healer/-s it may have a very high value using it at lower % of life . Any1 tested it enough to give some feedback?