Question Troll DK in a relationship

Hello friends ! First of all, i'm really sorry. English is not my native language and i'm not that good, so... let's hope it will not be that bad !

On my server I got two trolls, in a relationship BUT, one of the trolls is a Death Knight, from the Ebon Blade and the other is a young priestress of Bwonsamdi. They are in a relationship like... their kissing each other. And the male (the DK) hug her. I'm an addict of the lore, so all my RP are very strict, but i've been wondering, is what they are doing, possible ? I mean, the priestress say that she's using her power to Bwonsamdi to give him a heart so he can love her back, is that even possible ? Or she's just THAT powerful ?

And, I heard that if a Dk from the Ebon Blade is changing his path from the killing machine that he need to be, he is killed. Is this true or not ?

And another thing, that is little bit... "far-fetched". To "increase" his emotions, the DK have a twin-brother, who is a Witch-Doctor. So, the fact that they are twins, they have a "link" which the Witch-Doctor use to INCREASE the emotions of the Dk. Is that possible too ? I mean... the Old Gods can't even take on a DK by his mind, why would he ? So the Priestress and Bwonsamdi.

Thanks a lot for the help ! I'm sorry again for all my faults, I hope you will all understand me !

And, I heard that if a Dk from the Ebon Blade is changing his path from the killing machine that he need to be, he is killed. Is this true or not ?
    Not true. Are you playing in Argent Dawn or something? Sounds like something they would come up with.

I think DK's are capable of feeling emotion, Thassarian and his sister, and his bromance with Koltira(Tumblr may have a different opinion) comes to my mind. I'm sure there are other examples as well, I can't be arsed to look them up though. So my personal opinion is that it is possible, although DK's are also deeply flawed individuals, so I don't know if they can be smoochy smoochy. Like, going around kissing all the time, calling each other pet names... That kind of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Undead can definitely feel emotion. We have substantial support for this in numerous places in lore. See that one undead grave quest for example. And isn't there some undead in like Howling Forjd who talks about being popular with the ladies? I'm pretty sure that the forsaken still even have a sex drive (on some mental level, not physical), they just can't fulfill it, which is part of the curse.

But we also have equal support for positive emotions being numbed to undead. So while I think an undead can feel happy/romantic/aroused(mentally, not physically, they lack the parts), they probably do so more closely to someone with severe depression or dissociation disorder, not fully connected to the emotions or having difficulty feeling them as "their's." Positive emotions don't feel strong to undead, only negative ones do.

But if it's that they can feel negative emotions strongly and not positive ones strongly, it's hard to place something like love. I'm sure that an undead could feel extremely potent possessive kinds of love. As in, an undead could want to posses or control someone they care about and keep them safe from harm, and express that explicitly and strongly. I think that romantic, "calm" love, staring into each other's eyes, would likely be difficult for an undead to experience as they would be too far disconnected from the positive emotions in the same way that someone with severe depression or mental illness can struggle in a relationship.

Likewise, if we liken it to depression, I'm sure that there's some witch doctor cocktail that could improve the ability to feel emotion a bit. We know that the undead curse has significant psychological effects, and we know that witch doctors can also effect the mind. I'm sure that a witch doctor could brew up some medicine that could at least help a little, though not necessarily negate the effects undeath has on the mind.

Also, your English is better than most native speakers online.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2016-12-15 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Not true. Are you playing in Argent Dawn or something? Sounds like something they would come up with.

I think DK's are capable of feeling emotion, Thassarian and his sister, and his bromance with Koltira(Tumblr may have a different opinion) comes to my mind. I'm sure there are other examples as well, I can't be arsed to look them up though. So my personal opinion is that it is possible, although DK's are also deeply flawed individuals, so I don't know if they can be smoochy smoochy. Like, going around kissing all the time, calling each other pet names... That kind of stuff.
    I didn't encounter anyone like this on AD EU yet, but if I did they go straight to my ignore list.

One of the best RP friends I have plays a death knight who is struggling with her emotions and he does it so perfectly i can't even fathom his character without that aspect.

On topic, TC; whoever sticks to book-standard formulas when building up their characters needs to stop being a role player, simple as that.

Deleted
    All undead have emotions. In fact it's stated really EXTREMELY clearly in Wrath of the Lich King as "The Ebon Watcher" and Tirion Fordring discuss, and the Ebon Watcher, which is obviously Darion Mograine in disguise says: "We have emotions, they're just not as strong as those of the living", paraphrasing ofc... In other words it means at least for the death knights, probably all undead that they all have access to emotions, just not as strong emotions as those of the living, and that's ALL emotions, not just positive, negative too. Meaning, they can be happy, sad, in love, angry etc. They just don't feel these things as strongly as the living.

Their minds are impenetrable yes, and all Ebon Blade death knights, AKA third generation death knights, are soulless, so this link and everything wouldn't exactly work... But the placebo effect of it can have an effect on him.

And the thing about killing machine... Ebon Blade death knights have an extra part to control them and KEEP them as soldiers, if they do not kill they will begin feeling wracking pains that will slowly but suredly drive them insane. Only spilling blood will remove those pains, so a death knight living a completely peaceful life with no killing is impossible too. He can satisfy his killing needs with hunting of course, but a death knight HAS TO SPILL BLOOD. At least the third generation ones gotta.

While I do not roleplay myself I found your post interesting, I think what you're referring to regarding "Dying" if you stop being a killing machine is this:

All death knights are inflicted with an "addiction" of sorts; referred to as the "endless hunger" by the dread Instructor Razuvious. A death knight will feel immeasurable pain and agony if it is not inflicting suffering and/or death on a regular basis. The pain is so great that failure to sate the hunger could result in the death knight becoming lost in a blood-seeking, murderous frenzy. After sating the hunger soon upon creation, a death knight is then instructed to duel other death knights in a ritual known as Death's Challenge. The hunger even overrides magic dependency.

Taken from: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Death_knight

Sources: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Endless_Hunger and http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#As...wers_-_Round_2