Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Trial of Valor nerf this week

I've just saw that a blue post told on the last week:

"Trial of Valor will see a set of tuning adjustments next week, focused mainly on Heroic and Mythic difficulty, which should help groups overcome the challenges of the Trial as they prepare for Nighthold."

But I cannot find any details.

Do we know what will be exactly nerfed and how?

edit: nerf details:

Odyn

Reduced the damage of Shatter by 25% on all difficulties.
    Reduced the damage of Stormforged Spear's tank hit by 25% on all difficulties.
    Reduced Odyn's health by 10% on all difficulties.
    Reduced Hyrja and Hymdall's health by 20% on all difficulties.
    Hymdall and Hyrja now once again leave the arena at 85% on Heroic difficulty during Stage 2.

Guarm

Reduced Health by 10% on all difficulties.
    Reduced damage dealt by Headlong Charge by 10% on all difficulties. This change does not apply to Trample.
    Reduced damage dealt by Flame Lick on impact on Mythic difficulty by 5%.

Helya

Reduced the health of several enemies in the Helya encounter in Trial of Valor on all difficulties.
    Reduced the number of Taint of the Sea debuffs applied to players on Mythic difficulty by 1.
    Reduced the damage of Tainted Explosion on all difficulties.
    Last edited by torin856; 2016-12-19 at 10:39 PM.

Hopefully finding out today

Okay if it is not yet known I'll update the topic with the info. I thought I am the only one who cannot find it anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Aalistor View Post
    Hopefully finding out today
    Tomorrow most probably, during US reset.

I expect significant nerfs in the 10-15% range tbh.

"Trial of valor isn't overtuned" said random ppl on this forum
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    "Trial of valor isn't overtuned" said random ppl on this forum
    It is totally overtuned. I don't tell that it cannot be done and I am pretty sure that many pro player could reply here that nah it was only 1 pull for them. But to an usual heroic content it is overtuned.
    The main problem is that you cannot really progress with the gear. We are a casual guild with heroic only progression and we tend to run to walls and spend 1-2 weeks on bosses meanwhile collecting better gear but currently this is not the case, out gear doesn't really progress any more and our casual-level-skilled group is simply not enough to kill guarm before its enrage.

5 to 4 taints. Its mainly Mythic nerfs as they already nerfed heroic ToV multiple times. Most guilds are able to clear that just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most annoying part is Helya putting 3 taints on people in a 10 man raid. We only use 2 healers for 10 man so we can't dispel all 3 taints and they eventually stack up. Kinda dumb.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I think the most annoying part is Helya putting 3 taints on people in a 10 man raid. We only use 2 healers for 10 man so we can't dispel all 3 taints and they eventually stack up. Kinda dumb.
    And what about odyn summoning 5 runebearers for 10 ppl raids??
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they wanted to change Helya the intelligent way they would reduce the amount of taints that go out on the encounter, in addition to whatever damage and health nerfs they already have in mind.

Not sure how much Odyn and Guarm will change. If I was a better man you might see a flat damage and health nerf to Odyn, and probably a flat health nerf to Guarm. Honestly there isn't a whole lot they can do to change the difficulty of Guarm that wouldn't change the Mythic mechanics aside from modifying flame lick damage and of course health changes. Right now it's just instant death if you do something wrong, but a health nerf would mean you could have have a couple people dead the entire encounter and still kill it.

Honestly if they really wanted to 'nerf' Odyn, they would just remove P1 from Mythic so it goes from a ~10 minute encounter to a 6-7 minute encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    5 to 4 taints. Its mainly Mythic nerfs as they already nerfed heroic ToV multiple times. Most guilds are able to clear that just fine.
    "Most guilds" which translates to just 22% of guilds being able to kill even Odyn on Heroic, as opposed to ~55% which can clear H Xavius. (according to Wowprogress front page)

I wasn't aware that Heroic had been nerfed multiple times. Wasn't it just the one recent nerf, which only nerfed Hyrja shield blast and Grimelord health pools?

Edit- Added source for percentages.

But nerfing normal and heroic makes actually sense as it targets most of the raiding player base and has to be doable with less time investment and lower skill level also.

Nerfing mythic is always strange to me as it targets the most hardcore audience. As we see it is currently doable on mythic also so I see no reason to nerf it as it removes a lot from the accomplishment of the hardcore players.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Really this is the only thing that bugs me. The raid size scaling is complete shit. We killed H Odyn with 16 people one week, next week we try it with 10, and we get destroyed (and we had a pretty good group too). Same amount of spears, same amount of the tornadoes in P3, it's just dumb.

And the Helya taints also bug the hell out of me.

Deleted
    fuck, 10% at helya mythic currently. i hope we kill it prenerf.

Quote Originally Posted by torin856 View Post
    Nerfing mythic is always strange to me as it targets the most hardcore audience. As we see it is currently doable on mythic also so I see no reason to nerf it as it removes a lot from the accomplishment of the hardcore players.
    Nighthold comes out in a couple of resets. Combine this with the holiday period and without adjustments there will be almost no additional players killing it.
    So if they want more of the "hardcore audience" to see it they need to give them a reason to keep trying until Nighthold. After that no sane group will go back in there (achievement hunters excluded, however you could argue if they fall in the sane category ).

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    "Most guilds" which translates to just 22% of guilds being able to kill even Odyn on Heroic, as opposed to ~55% which can clear H Xavius. (according to Wowprogress front page)

I wasn't aware that Heroic had been nerfed multiple times. Wasn't it just the one recent nerf, which only nerfed Hyrja shield blast and Grimelord health pools?

Edit- Added source for percentages.
    Heroic will get nerfed, but the big hit will be on mythic.

And by most, you mean 8%.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is such a retarded comparison. ANY GUILD that did ONE boss shows up on wowprogress, not all those guilds are raiding, some of those guilds don't even have people left it. Take this one: us.battle.net/wow/guild/barthilas/Yowie%20Power/ It recently killed a heroic boss for the first time, it has 20members people in it at a 110. Do you call this a raidguild? Cause I don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Are you suggesting 8% is not bigger than 92%?

You and your "fuzzy math", I blame common core!

- - - Updated - - -

This is such a retarded comparison. ANY GUILD that did ONE boss shows up on wowprogress, not all those guilds are raiding, some of those guilds don't even have people left it. Take this one: us.battle.net/wow/guild/barthilas/Yowie%20Power/ It recently killed a heroic boss for the first time, it has 20members people in it at a 110. Do you call this a raidguild? Cause I don't.
    Well, since we are going to look at guilds that are actually raiding... lets try this.

Looking at the realm that I raid in. US-Connected Perenolde.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/connected-perenolde

There are (as of this writing) 23 guilds on server that have taken down Heroic Xavius.

Of those 23 guilds there is a grand total of 1 that has completed Heroic ToV (and 4 others that are progressing through it)