Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Arrest made in ‘Vote Trump’ burning of Mississippi black church

Allegedly a member of the parish committed arson against his own church and defaced the building with pro trump graffiti.

GREENVILLE, Miss. — Mississippi authorities have made an arrest in the burning of an African-American church spray-painted with the words, “Vote Trump.”

Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Warren Strain says Andrew McClinton of Leland, Mississippi, who is African-American, is charged with first-degree arson of a place of worship.

McClinton was arrested Wednesday. Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Greenville, Mississippi, was burned and vandalized Nov. 1, a week before the presidential election.

It was not immediately clear whether McClinton is represented by an attorney.

Greenville is a Mississippi River port city of about 32,100 people, and about 78 percent of its residents are African-American.

After the fire, Hopewell congregants began worshipping in a chapel at predominantly white First Baptist Church of Greenville.

Fire Chief Ruben Brown told The Associated Press the sanctuary of Hopewell M.B Church sustained heavy damage in the fire, while the kitchen and pastor’s office received water and smoke damage.

The words “Vote Trump” were also spray-painted on an outside wall of the church.

http://wreg.com/2016/12/21/mississip...th-vote-trump/

I know there was a closed thread about this and a mod closed it, I would like to have an actual discussion on this. Apparently the other thread was closed because it wasn't serious. Leaving race out of this, what do you think this guys motives were?

There could be multiple reasons for the fire:

-Trying to influence the election.
    -Maybe the church was hard up for money and this was done for insurance purposes.
    -To get community sympathy. People tend to come together when stuff like this happens.
    -Trying to stick it to the predominately white church they ended up worshiping at. (I tend to assume racial tension are high in that area)

I want to know how did they find out he did it himself.

We will have to wait and see what the investigation turns up, because I just can't understand the motivations behind this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Maybe he wanted people to vote for Trump.

“We do not believe it was politically motivated. There may have been some efforts to make it appear politically motivated,” Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney, who is also the state fire marshal, told The Associated Press.

From another article on the matter.

Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney sure sounds like one smart guy!

Ol' Barney Fife on the job down there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    “We do not believe it was politically motivated. There may have been some efforts to make it appear politically motivated,” Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney, who is also the state fire marshal, told The Associated Press.

yeah "not politically motivated" *wink wink*
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this guy probably lit the Church on fire while operating on the belief he would not be caught. Had he succeeded I wager he'd of then immediately gone on Social Media and other Liberal News outlets talking about how scared he is of white people and the KKK, maybe with a dash of #BlackLivesMatter for spice and extra umph. Then he'd of proceeded to go on a long tirade on how Trump has made this country dangerous for the Black Community, and they have no hope.

Novel thought. Let's pull his vote from the Election and see how it went.

I'll bet you he's a registered Democrat and voted for Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    yeah "not politically motivated" *wink wink*
    They burned the building down but I don't think arson was the motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Allegedly a member of the parish committed arson against his own church and defaced the building with pro trump graffiti.

GREENVILLE, Miss. — Mississippi authorities have made an arrest in the burning of an African-American church spray-painted with the words, “Vote Trump.”

Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Warren Strain says Andrew McClinton of Leland, Mississippi, who is African-American, is charged with first-degree arson of a place of worship.

McClinton was arrested Wednesday. Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Greenville, Mississippi, was burned and vandalized Nov. 1, a week before the presidential election.

It was not immediately clear whether McClinton is represented by an attorney.

Greenville is a Mississippi River port city of about 32,100 people, and about 78 percent of its residents are African-American.

After the fire, Hopewell congregants began worshipping in a chapel at predominantly white First Baptist Church of Greenville.

Fire Chief Ruben Brown told The Associated Press the sanctuary of Hopewell M.B Church sustained heavy damage in the fire, while the kitchen and pastor’s office received water and smoke damage.

The words “Vote Trump” were also spray-painted on an outside wall of the church.

http://wreg.com/2016/12/21/mississip...th-vote-trump/

I know there was a closed thread about this and a mod closed it, I would like to have an actual discussion on this. Apparently the other thread was closed because it wasn't serious. Leaving race out of this, what do you think this guys motives were?
    Sadly the people who spread these false stories will not spread the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Sadly the people who spread these false stories will not spread the truth.
    First saw this tweeted by several liberals. One of whom did more than most to help raise the money to rebuild the church. But it's OK to be victim when you're a conservative in the age of Trump. Maybe Trump supporters should stop spreading "Fake news" that they were the ones who raised the money to rebuild the church when they clearly and easily provable were not. The /r/the_donald gofundme failed and then they attached their name to one started by a Trump hating liberal. But whatever the money got raised it doesn't need to be politicized except Trump supporters love to politicize every thing they can. SAD. Even today Kellyanne Conway says she's a pre-victim of discrimination of DC schools because of working with Trump. The victimhood is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

I'll bet you he's a registered Democrat and voted for Hillary.
    Trump wins more black votes then Mitt Romney. Guy writes "Vote Trump" on side of church. But the guy is black, therefore MUST BE A HILLARY VOTER. Klassic Konservative logiK.

Deleted
    Reminder to point and laugh several posts from here on: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e#post43077429

"I'll go on record saying I won't be surprised to see that the perpetrator is a white male staunch Republican and Trump supporter."

lel

Well isn't that interesting. When you don't actually see examples of racism and hate in your community just fabricate it.

Reminds last year in Saint Louis 8 black churches were set on fire. Everyone blamed a white man, it was a black man.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...roid-sprint-us
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Well isn't that interesting. When you don't actually see examples of racism and hate in your community just fabricate it.
    Straight from the left-wing cultural marxist playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Thats kind of an oxymoron?

How do you make something appear politically motivated, with no political motivation. Framing something political, is still a political action lol. There would be no attempt to be political if it had no such a motivation behind it, which ever political motivation it is. It would just be a burned church.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Reminds last year in Saint Louis 8 black churches were set on fire. Everyone blamed a white man, it was a black man.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...roid-sprint-us
    Or the San Berindino shooting when they immediately assumed the dude was white.

I was like "He's arabic. This guy didn't kill himself yet."

Was soo fucking dead on there it was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Of course, and then the media came out with "work place violence".

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Of course, and then the media came out with "work place violence".
    With Yemeni colleagues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYPDcaiYHZ8 you'll love this!

The problem is that there have been so many people attempting to incite violence and unrest by fabricating racist events. I have yet to see a single one of these high profile racist attacks that are reported turn out to be factual. Every single one has been a hoax. From the "attacks" on muslim girls in Louisiana and NYC to the 2 different attacks on black churches that were tagged with "Pro-Trump" graffiti. All of these events have been either staged to appear as racist acts or proven to be total fabrications.