Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Afaik ferals are extremely limited, and that specifically is part of their identity. IIRC they're basically a ST spec a la demo, as opposed to what aff was capable of doing with snapshots in the past. Very different things.
    Yeah I guess the limitation between ST and multi-dotting would be the reasoning behind their decision.

Ferals are not only constrained by extremely tight snapshot windows that figure into a huge portion of their damage, but those windows themselves are constrained by ENERGY, which limits ferals from rake, rip, and moonfire application onto all targets they want.

What you might call multidotting for a feral is laughable, you will be lucky to keep up rip on 2 targets let alone maintain savage roar while spreading rake and moonfire to 3 targets.

Feral is a ST/cleave spec.

In our furious anger of what blizzard took from us that we liked in Wod, lets not overlook the sweet new toys we received.

Sow the seeds and Soulflame are FIRE. Soul effigy, for all its many faults, lets me multidot every fight. Corruption that lasts forever?!!

I would also like a more satisfying spender, but Legion affliction ain't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Ferals are not only constrained by extremely tight snapshot windows that figure into a huge portion of their damage, but those windows themselves are constrained by ENERGY, which limits ferals from rake, rip, and moonfire application onto all targets they want.

What you might call multidotting for a feral is laughable, you will be lucky to keep up rip on 2 targets let alone maintain savage roar while spreading rake and moonfire to 3 targets.

Feral is a ST/cleave spec.
    I meant Affliction's multi dotting capacity and Feral's ST, didn't mean to impyl Feral's multi-dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    In our furious anger of what blizzard took from us that we liked in Wod, lets not overlook the sweet new toys we received.

Sow the seeds and Soulflame are FIRE. Soul effigy, for all its many faults, lets me multidot every fight. Corruption that lasts forever?!!

I would also like a more satisfying spender, but Legion affliction ain't so bad.
    Also need passive souls for Ulthalesh up to 3. Hate starting the fight with absolutely nothing.

Possible unpopular opinion but I don't think Affliction is really that bad if we could just rid of Soul Effigy.

Also random complaint unrelated to actual gameplay but I dislike some of the old "core" Affliction skills now, like Corruption and Unstable Affliction, now that they've been trying to push Affliction to being this "soulmancer" type specialization. Using old decay and disease type skills just feels odd with the amount of focus they've been putting on souls and reaping throughout the rest of the specialization via talent grids, artifact and traits, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Also random complaint unrelated to actual gameplay but I dislike some of the old "core" Affliction skills now, like Corruption and Unstable Affliction, now that they've been trying to push Affliction to being this "soulmancer" type specialization. Using old decay and disease type skills just feels odd with the amount of focus they've been putting on souls and reaping throughout the rest of the specialization via talent grids, artifact and traits, etc.
    Yeah I have the same feeling. If we're going in on this soul stuff, then lets go all the way in. If not, then the Ulthalesh fantasy is coming on a little strong.

Mental and physical decay seem perfectly fitting. You corrupt their bodies and spirit.

The problem is they haven't updated jackshit visually for any of the warlock specs besides the new demo spells. They actually took away visuals by pruning out malefic grasp animations, verdant spheres glyph, soul swap and haunt.

sorry but afflition in wod was already an abomination of its old self.. right now its not even a spec.. compared to what it used to be in cata its just a complete garbage of a spec.. they should just delete it and add the one we had in cata just exactly how it was

I hate to say it but I think I'm finished with this game. Was just on a MoP private server again to refresh my memory of all the spells that have been removed and it is so disappointing.

Check out Cobraks destruction warlock movie from WoD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbALLn-NiZs

This was fun, Legion destruction was not. Too much gimicky shit and pruning...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    sorry but afflition in wod was already an abomination of its old self.. right now its not even a spec.. compared to what it used to be in cata its just a complete garbage of a spec.. they should just delete it and add the one we had in cata just exactly how it was
    That's the same page I've been on for a few years - though I'm not sure I'd call the WOD version an abomination, just a different beast.

TBC->WOTLK->Cata felt like a steady progression in class design without any major changes and, generally, improving on the spec - things like Haunt and Fel Flame were added that clicked nicely into place without causing (m)any disruptions or major shifts in playstyle, 5 dot naxx being a highlight before immolate was pruned for semi-understandable reasons.

MOP and WOD were a complete shift in design, a revamp that I found completely unjustified and unwanted - I've rarely enjoyed the spec since, but not necessarily bad - just the death of the spec I loved.

Legion feels like yet another shift, but this time without the bandaid of being brokenly strong like affliction was in MOP especially, where the dreadful SS change turned snapshotting from a minmaxing thing with a semblance of risk into the only way to play the spec because the difference between not snapshotting and snapshotting was huge and turned multidotting into an atrocious mess of SS spamming.

For better or worse I've been numbed to the mess affliction feels like it's in atm by my lack of love for what it was in MOP and WOD. For the people who are upset about it, I wouldn't hold out too many hopes of it going back to what it used to be, the games more entertaining if you just let go and put up with what you're given as opposed to pining over dead specs.

Deleted
    Affliction is insane indeed and actully effigy isnt that bad.

at certain bosses i do x2 what number 2 on meter does

15+ Year Old Account
    I really miss my Shadow Bolt, especially when I hear the sound of a new Soul Shard becoming available, which in my brain triggers instant Shadow Bolt, until I remember that it means Unstable Affliction...
    I also preferred empowering my spells with Soul Shards.
    It's all personal preference and heavily subjective, but I feel like they changed it too much for me (I still play though, just less fun overall).
    I also wouldn't mind having Immolation, it was a strongly defining DoT for a long time, and I like mastering both Shadow and (Fel)Fire.
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cristos View Post
    What classes are you playing with to top the meters on single target?

Not to discredit your claim but affliction isn't the strongest of classes single target. What's your ilvl?
    Affy is heavy gear depending. But equiped i have 881. And have no problem being on top of meters. Ofc some fights are worse then others. Some bosses i x2 the damage as nr 2 on meters ( and no it isnt from dotting countless numbers of adds only with agony to gen shards). I would say with the buffs comeing to it Its gonna be complete insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    I really miss my Shadow Bolt, especially when I hear the sound of a new Soul Shard becoming available, which in my brain triggers instant Shadow Bolt, until I remember that it means Unstable Affliction...
    I also preferred empowering my spells with Soul Shards.
    It's all personal preference and heavily subjective, but I feel like they changed it too much for me (I still play though, just less fun overall).
    I also wouldn't mind having Immolation, it was a strongly defining DoT for a long time, and I like mastering both Shadow and (Fel)Fire.
    There used to be a sense of satisfaction everytime nightfall procced, a sensation that has been lost sadly.

I miss old talent trees, even if they didnt offer much of a choice, they felt good.

I also miss warlocks being all about depth (especially in pvp), now it's one of the easiest classes sadly.

Here, have some nostalgia in the face with all those Merry Christmas songs : http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#I
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-12-25 at 12:45 AM.

Deleted

Not to discredit your claim but affliction isn't the strongest of classes single target. What's your ilvl?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...se%240&boss=-2

sorry im New to useing these logs and stuff like this so forgets to turn it of

*Roots of Affliction*
    *Goes on about WoD warlocks when running out of Soul Shards because you didn't get enouogh to keep Haunt active on a target was a thing*

Right... MoP afflock was the best. But frankly, I played affliction all the way back in Vanilla and on and off again throughout the expansions. Legion afflock is utter garbage, agreed, but WoD afflock ech... it would have been great if Grimoire of Sacrifice was better and soul shard generation was improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    *Roots of Affliction*
    *Goes on about WoD warlocks when running out of Soul Shards because you didn't get enouogh to keep Haunt active on a target was a thing*

Right... MoP afflock was the best. But frankly, I played affliction all the way back in Vanilla and on and off again throughout the expansions. Legion afflock is utter garbage, agreed, but WoD afflock ech... it would have been great if Grimoire of Sacrifice was better and soul shard generation was improved.
    Its funny how we can have so different opinions! I absolutely love the spec atm. I can do almost anything (prio dmg on demand is kind of lacking), and the dmg is there when played well. Different specs work in different situations depending on what you need/want/like to play.

I mainly went afflock for the dots and life draining it had. (Siphon Life, talented Corruption, Life Drain.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Haunt should be baseline and I think most warlocks would agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Affli is middle/bottom of the pack singletarget. Its not absolute garbage, but its legendary depentant.
    Multitarget affli is really solid and can really do good numbers. The last month in EN mythic the only class noticibly above affliction in EN (I know it is not current content, but using it as an overview) was shadow priest.