I had a dream...

So, not a dream per say, but a throbbing desire that could one day be fulfilled. One I am hoping for insight on if it is even achievable with current technology or if such a dream must wait.

If you were to build a dream computer (or at least mine), would three NVidia GTX 1080s, each with 8GB of GDDR5X, in sli, be able to run three 1440i 144hz gsync monitors at ultra type qualities of pictures and at high fps?

Would that limit it, or would current CPU and RAM be more of a limitation? Basically, is this achievable?

Mostly a dream though as my computer is 7 years old and such a project would require some serious savings and thought of investment.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Two 1080s would crush 1440p at 144hz in most games. Games like Witcher 3 you may still have issues with not sure. 2 1080s would fly.
    You can't run 3 in SLI, only 2. CPU would limit depending on the games you play, IE WoW 2 1080s would literally just be there to look cool.

What is your plan exactly? To just buy two 1080s or to build a whole new PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    What is your plan exactly? To just buy two 1080s or to build a whole new PC?
    Not sure I have really a plan. This would be done with a whole new PC though. Was just curious if a three monitor set up using 144hz 1440 monitors was possible with what is available on the market. Would really be to play very good looking games, modded, (not wow) and enjoy a more immersive set up with high quality sound and picture.

More out of curiosity so I could put it together and view the price. More than likely the price will be more than I'd be willing to spend just out of practicality. Though, on the off chance it's easier than I thought, might be something to save for long term.

Honestly I need a bit more information. Why would you run 3 1440/144hz monitors? To do a surround setup? You may want to consider something more on the lines of https://www.amazon.com/LG-34UC97-Cin.../dp/B00NTQHIUM as a single really good gaming monitor.

It's ultimately up to you but you're looking at a very overkill setup for half of what you plan to do. A single 1080 can handle 1440p 60FPS pretty fine. For the PC alone you're looking somewhere around 2500$ then I'd allocate 1000-1200$ for monitors depending on how insane you are.

Though looking at some of the newer monitors. It may be best to see if a Gsync 4k curved monitor comes out. It may have significantly better visuals effects than a three screen setup ever could.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. That monitor looks much better than anything I was thinking of using before.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    Though looking at some of the newer monitors. It may be best to see if a Gsync 4k curved monitor comes out. It may have significantly better visuals effects than a three screen setup ever could.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. That monitor looks much better than anything I was thinking of using before.
    There are also other options of that style of monitor, look around a bit.