Poll: Do you agree with the President's actions?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Besides all the other reasons, like not wanting people focused on the wrong things, leaving us to be blindsided by actual problems.
    Well what actual problem did the Left focus on this election? The answer is none. It was all identity stuff, lies to cover up other lies, and "you wont believe what Trump had for breakfast" manufactured outrage. Trump spoke to the actual problems, this potential inundation being one of them, and that's why he won. Plus hes already been working on actual problems before even taking office. The guy is going to be great for America, just wait and see.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I got infracted for using the word thug. I'll bet you don't.
    The Victim Complex and that snark you got warned about by at least two other posters in the same post. Thanks Santa!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Well what actual problem did the Left focus on this election? The answer is none. It was all identity stuff, lies to cover up other lies, and "you wont believe what Trump had for breakfast" manufactured outrage. Trump spoke to the actual problems, this potential inundation being one of them, and that's why he won. Plus hes already been working on actual problems before even taking office. The guy is going to be great for America, just wait and see.
    there was that guy named bernie, addressing the issues of globalization and wealth inequality. but the dems backstabbed him because they wanted hillary

y'all deserve trump imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Talking about what you said, not in general.
    Again, from the replies, I can tell how much you don't care.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    there was that guy named bernie, addressing the issues of globalization and wealth inequality. but the dems backstabbed him because they wanted hillary

y'all deserve trump imo
    Well we only know that because of the Russians right?

I just find it curious that while Obama is telling Trump, "This is not who we are", he had been registering Muslims for the first three years of his presidency. It seems pretty hypocritical, if I have the quote right (perhaps I don't).
    It wasn't targeted at Muslims specifically, but it could be used in that way, which is why it is being dismantled. It required registration of nationalists from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, and Syria to follow a special system to visit our country. It's been replaced by the US-VISIT as of 2011.

It's part of the whole Obama needs to appear to be super accepting and open, but in reality needs to protect our nation from threats abroad. It's always annoyed me about politicians, once you do a little digging you realize how fake the surface layer really is. I agree with Obama in that watching countries that have routinely produced terrorists is important. Banning a 1.6B people however, is not.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    At the end of GWB terms Liberals weren't the only people who were pissed at him. They were the only people complaining either.
    Oh, I'm sure that in just a year after Trump is president, maybe less, people who voted for him will be crying up a storm too. He already broke his promise about draining the swamp by filling his cabinet with swamp monsters.

Pretty funny.

But that doesn't mean the libs won't be super crying. They are going to cry up a storm the likes of which has never been seen before. I guarantee it.

BTW, I'm an independent who didn't vote for either candidate.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    i prefer having forum warriors that fight between them but actually go out to vote when needed rather than a passive herd of sheep patiently waiting for something to happen
    Yes because all these people arguing on the forums go out and vote, I mean none of them are full of shit or anything.

I just find it curious that while Obama is telling Trump, "This is not who we are", he had been registering Muslims for the first three years of his presidency. It seems pretty hypocritical, if I have the quote right (perhaps I don't).
    Maybe you don't recall how nuts the first couple years of his presidency were? Massive health care bill? Global recession? etc etc

Except Trump already dropped the idea, long ago.
    From the article:

Asked on Wednesday, in the aftermath of the Berlin attack, whether he still intended to set up a registry for Muslims and impose a temporary ban on Muslim immigrants, Mr. Trump said in Florida, “You know my plans.” Hours later, a spokesman said Mr. Trump was not reaffirming his earlier calls for a ban on immigration from Muslim countries but was referring to his more recent clarification that he would bar people from countries with a history of Islamist extremism.
    Seems like he still plans on going forward?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Maybe one day that might be an issue.The inundation of Europe is going to produce unforeseen changes. Today's allies might become tomorrows question marks.
    Lots of the terror attacks in Europe come from native born people. What's the numeric cut off before a nation gets banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lots of the terror attacks in Europe come from native born people. What's the numeric cut off before a nation gets banned?
    Native born people you say?

The left isn't comprised entirely of the parts of Hillary's campaign you can be bothered to remember for the sake of using as a punching bag in political conversations.
    Well I disagree seeing as how the entirety of the Left aligned behind Hillary in such massive collusion as seen in the DNC leaks. They were obviously ok with her standing for nothing of substance. Plus you could consider the core of both of Obama's campaigns, which was class warfare, with the complete lack of his actual action on the matter as evidence to the theme I'm laying out here - as it relates to what you said about "actual problems". Also consider that rules of radicals teaches us that and argument over an issue holds far greater political currency than the solution to it.
    MAGA

Well I disagree seeing as how the entirety of the Left aligned behind Hillary in such massive collusion as seen in the DNC leaks. They were obviously ok with her standing for nothing of substance. Plus you could consider the core of both of Obama's campaigns, which was class warfare, with the complete lack of his actual action on the matter as evidence to the theme I'm laying out here - as it relates to what you said about "actual problems". Also consider that rules of radicals teaches us that and argument over an issue holds far greater political currency than the solution to it.
    Her campaign had an exhaustive and detailed platform with planks covering basically every imaginable topic of relevance. Claims that she "stood for nothing of substance" are ridiculous on their face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Yes because all these people arguing on the forums go out and vote, I mean none of them are full of shit or anything.
    look at the trump posters in this very thread

they would personnally carry mob justice hangings against suspected criminals if trump made it legal

trust me they were the first at the voting booth, and probably drew some nice swastikas while they were there

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Her campaign had an exhaustive and detailed platform with planks covering basically every imaginable topic of relevance. Claims that she "stood for nothing of substance" are ridiculous on their face.
    The only thing exhaustive about her was the corruption.
    MAGA

Besides all the other reasons, like not wanting people focused on the wrong things, leaving us to be blindsided by actual problems.
    There sure is a balance to strike, cost analysis, and resource management. If you're not doing that registry thingy, you're probably doing something else more productive. The strength of these things rely on the information we share internationally anyway.

However leaving terrorism out of the "actual problems" folder sounds a bit too far off.

You said the left stood for nothing. You're already contradicting yourself. This is kind of boring and this sort of conversation is intellectually bankrupt. We should strive for something that's a little more than just lobbing unsubstantiated partisan insults over the wall at each other.
    Not contradicting. Talking about two different campaigns.
    MAGA

The only thing exhaustive about her was the corruption.
    I don't get the desperate reflex to just shit post like this. Disagree with Clinton if you like. Vote against her. Totally fine. But just flat out pretending she didn't have a serious and lengthy platform is just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Again, from the replies, I can tell how much you don't care.
    Really no idea what your on about, I said I dont really care who controlls the house/whatever in the US. It also had nothing do with my orginal post
    Is context that hard?

- - - Updated - - -

The left did not support Clinton, why would they? She's on the center right.