Druid vs Monk tanking

Hi everyone, so my question is quite simple. Obviously as the title says, which would some of you prefer and why, Guardian, or BrM. The only reason I'm am asking if because I main a DH tank and I want another leather tank to play. I really enjoy mobile tanks and I know both of these are different in various ways. But with the 7.1.5 changes coming up I was curious which you would recommend to play?

Thanks guys!

Bear tanks are just really good atm, but Monks are getting a significant boost in 7.1.5.

Overall, i think Guardian might still be slightly better, but its negligible. Guardians are still the most versatile tanks.

Its up to personal playstyle really. I prefer Brewmaster because i enjoy transmogging, wich you can't enjoy much as a Bear.
    Brewmasters are more maintenance playstyle and Druids are more reactive.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Bear tanks are just really good atm, but Monks are getting a significant boost in 7.1.5.

Overall, i think Guardian might still be slightly better, but its negligible. Guardians are still the most versatile tanks.

Its up to personal playstyle really. I prefer Brewmaster because i enjoy transmogging, wich you can't enjoy much as a Bear.
    Brewmasters are more maintenance playstyle and Druids are more reactive.
    thats a good explanation.

imo druid is the more overall or "i dont care"-tank. its a reactive tank. it doesnt matter if he faces the enemies. and he have a relative broad arsenal of different tankspells and mechanics. i would play druid when i dont wanna go that deep in my character but focus on whats happening, movement, mobs. druid is the "just do it" tank. i would choose it for doing myth+ and raids and world stuff as overall solutions, when i wanna do all that stuff and dont wanna go to deep into one of it.

brm is (at least for me) the more challenging tank. you have to plan more, know whats comin next better. its a class for more "go into deep" and "know your class". i would choose it for tanking dedicated as raider in a guild, but (at the moment) less for tanking a lot of myth+ with pugs.

global:
    - both have good tank mobility.
    - both have good utilities.
    - monk do lowest dmg (at the moment)
    - druid do very high dmg (especially aoe groups)
    - druid have offspec stealth (good for world stuff)
    - both can tank, heal, dps
    - monk has good self mobility and movement.

I agree with both comments above, personally I only play bear and I've hardly seen any brewmasters, but overall I'd say play bear if:

-You like easy rotation. Some people consider it boring, I like it because I can pay attention to my surroundings, boss mechanics, healer mana, party hp while doing my rotation on "automatic", and the skill cap is quite low. The downside is the difference between an ok bear and a great bear is less noticeable than with other tanks.
    -You're going to be pugging a lot (don't have a dedicated raiding/m+ group). Bear is arguably the best tank for pugging, because of their playstyle they are very easy to heal when you have 0 coordination with your healer, as they take damage very smoothly and have their own big defensive cds, as long as the healer continues healing a bear they should be alright.
    -You like being a bear (obviously). Transmog is barely noticeable and you will spend a lot of your day looking at a bear butt.

Also consider that you said you like a mobile tank, bear's combat mobility is pretty much middle-ground. Out of combat you can turn into cat/deer form and you are very fast, but while actively tanking that is hardly an option and the only mobility you have access to in bear form is stampeding roar and wild charge (if specced). I personally have no problems with it, but monk is much more mobile as they can roll around and not get one-shotted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanede View Post
    while actively tanking that is hardly an option and the only mobility you have access to in bear form is stampeding roar and wild charge (if specced). I personally have no problems with it, but monk is much more mobile as they can roll around and not get one-shotted for it.
    Yeah, if your biggest point of interest is mobility and that's what you love DH for, your other options are pretty much Warrior and maybe Monk. Druid in combat mobility is pretty limited even though not as bad as blood DK.

You are limited to:
    - stampeding roar which you might want to use when your party needs it more not just yourself
    - wild charge if you spec into it and you need to have a target to charge to
    - skull bash which is small range, requires target and is best saved for interrupting spells not charging

For example on my guild's odyn mythic kill our druid had to ask for all mobility externals like monk's tiger's lust etc. for phase 3 spears, wild charge doesn't help you to get away from target...

However druid has way better all around toolkit (you have a tool for magic damage, physical damage, self healing), better way to aoe mobs in dungeons, and is strong to the point of getting nerfed next patch, but number tuning aside, their kit is just so well rounded. For example mark of ursol is like empower wards on DH but with no cd just rage cost... They also have more "oh shit" buttons than a monk. Monk needs to constantly manage stagger and brew charges, and the most common playstyle involves talents like black out combo, special delivery, black ox brew and other talents you kinda have to think how to use well.

On bear? It's way simpler, there are some micro management parts like mangle prolonging your next mitigation ability or maximizing usage of galactic guardian but you can much more easily get away with not paying much attention to it and just hitting your usual "rotation".