Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up [Warrior] Patch 7.1.5. Fury/Arms PvE DPS [Melee]

1. With the upcoming patch, how do you think Warriors will stack up when compared to other Melee DPS?
    2. Which Warrior spec will be the go to spec for competitive mythic raiding and why?
    3. Which races have the best damage output for Alliance and Horde with Arms and Fury in regards to racial perks?
    4. I haven't played for a while. Are Profession DPS perks still a thing? If so, which one does the best, if not, which professions do you suggest for Warrior and why?

Thanks in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    1. With the upcoming patch, how do you think Warriors will stack up when compared to other Melee DPS?
    2. Which Warrior spec will be the go to spec for competitive mythic raiding and why?
    3. Which races have the best damage output for Alliance and Horde with Arms and Fury in regards to racial perks?
    4. I haven't played for a while. Are Profession DPS perks still a thing? If so, which one does the best, if not, which professions do you suggest for Warrior and why?

Thanks in advanced.
    1. Warriors are decent. Relatively good compared to other melee classes.
    2. Arms
    3. Dwarf / Troll
    4. Professions no longer provide dps perks. Engineering is good for Nitro-boost, Goblin Glider on cape, and AH in Dalaran. Alchemy is good for double Flask duration and potion procs when making potions. These are the two that I have, I'm sure others have nice perks as well.

Read this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.a1xjgywick2o

10+ Year Old Account

Question

First of all, thank you for taking the time to respond.
    -
    What is your definition of "decent" and "relatively good"? I'm assuming Rogues will be the "Kings" of melee DPS. How do Warriors compare if you were to put them on a scale?

2. Arms
    How much better is it than Fury? In what ways is it better after all the upcoming changes?

3. Dwarf / Troll
    Thank you.

4. Professions no longer provide dps perks. Engineering is good for Nitro-boost, Goblin Glider on cape, and AH in Dalaran. Alchemy is good for double Flask duration and potion procs when making potions. These are the two that I have, I'm sure others have nice perks as well.
    Thank you. These seem like solid choices.
    -
    That arms compendium is awesome. Is there one for Fury? The only thing missing is a BiS list.

Thanks again.

It has a BiS relics list but it's just not feasible to create a BiS gear list anymore, due to the rng of titanforging and tertiaries.

Also is the 5% for fury going to help us scale in nighthold with the gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by niteongb View Post
    Also is the 5% for fury going to help us scale in nighthold with the gear?
    What 5% ? Care to elaborate?

Deleted
    1. Warriors are great. Both Arms and fury have their strong sides. Arms have one of the best ST dps in the game. Where Fury is great in cleave, AoE and he has a bit stronger execute phase than Arms.
    2. Arms is one of the top picks overall for raiding. Insane ST dps and huge AoE burst allow you to break dps charts. However, it can be a bit clucky without gloves. Difference in dps between Arms and Fury is around 10%. However, than longer execute phase is than closer Fury will be to Arms.
    3. Races does not matter anymore. Between the best and the worst race there is maybe a 1k dps diference. So pick the race that looks the best for you.
    4. Professions do not boost dps anymore. And u can buy most of the engineering cool toys on AH. So it is really up to you. If u want to make money on professions go for leatherworking / herbalism / alchemy.
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2016-12-28 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    What 5% ? Care to elaborate?
    I can only think of the 5% aura buff to what he means, but arms is getting that as well (like most or all other classes/specs some percentage buff to counter the secondary stat nerf)
    so not sure if he means something else
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Arms's aura buff seems better to me because all their major abilities are included. MS, execute, CS, all the good shit. Where as fury raging blow is left out which makes absolutely no sense to me and then auto attacks are left out too which is big damage for fury. I'm pretty sad about the current changes or lack there of to fury but there is still time. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post

Read this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.a1xjgywick2o
    High five bro. Same here

Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    What is your definition of "decent" and "relatively good"? I'm assuming Rogues will be the "Kings" of melee DPS. How do Warriors compare if you were to put them on a scale?

2. Arms
    How much better is it than Fury? In what ways is it better after all the upcoming changes?
    Decent means decent. Middle of the pack. Average. Hanging in there. Generic...

If fury and arms are compared evenly - i.e. ilvl, optimized gear, traits and trinkets - they are pretty evenly matched. If you throw legendaries into the mix then bis arms > bis fury. Of course they aspire to fix this with the coming rebalancing in 7.1.5, but who knows.
    Last edited by mmocdceb4a9623; 2016-12-28 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheim View Post
    Arms's aura buff seems better to me because all their major abilities are included. MS, execute, CS, all the good shit. Where as fury raging blow is left out which makes absolutely no sense to me and then auto attacks are left out too which is big damage for fury. I'm pretty sad about the current changes or lack there of to fury but there is still time. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    It does affect Raging Blow. You can see a list of all affected abilities here: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137050/fury-warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It does affect Raging Blow. You can see a list of all affected abilities here: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137050/fury-warrior
    aye, it's a bit confusing as other patchnotes on wowhead left raging blow out.
    now if it only would also buff our auto attack
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheim View Post
    RB was added back to the aura IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raider3 View Post
    If you throw legendaries into the mix then bis arms > bis fury. Of course they aspire to fix this with the coming rebalancing in 7.1.5, but who knows.
    Do you know how they plan on fixing it? To be honest with you, Fury would be my preferred spec, but I am a min maxer, so even if there is a 20 DPS advantage I will go with the spec with the most DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    1. Warriors are great. Both Arms and fury have their strong sides. Arms have one of the best ST dps in the game. Where Fury is great in cleave, AoE and he has a bit stronger execute phase than Arms.
    2. Arms is one of the top picks overall for raiding. Insane ST dps and huge AoE burst allow you to break dps charts. However, it can be a bit clucky without gloves. Difference in dps between Arms and Fury is around 10%. However, than longer execute phase is than closer Fury will be to Arms.
    3. Races does not matter anymore. Between the best and the worst race there is maybe a 1k dps diference. So pick the race that looks the best for you.
    4. Professions do not boost dps anymore. And u can buy most of the engineering cool toys on AH. So it is really up to you. If u want to make money on professions go for leatherworking / herbalism / alchemy.
    I'm having trouble understanding how strong Execute is for Fury. I saw the traits on Fury weapons with Execute's damage increasing and stacks up to 99 times, but with the high rage cost for Execute in Arms to proc CS, that actually gives Arms a stronger advantage since CS gives you 30% dmg/crit on your next MS/Execute providing that CS procs (it procs a lot more in Execute phase for me).

Don't bash, explain things properly to me. I haven't touched Fury (yet).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding how strong Execute is for Fury. I saw the traits on Fury weapons with Execute's damage increasing and stacks up to 99 times, but with the high rage cost for Execute in Arms to proc CS, that actually gives Arms a stronger advantage since CS gives you 30% dmg/crit on your next MS/Execute providing that CS procs (it procs a lot more in Execute phase for me).

Don't bash, explain things properly to me. I haven't touched Fury (yet).
    Fury execute becomes stronger than arms' after 5~ stacks of juggernaut, and during execute phase u can bump that up to 20~ stacks i think. Fury's execute is cheaper as massacre allow u to cast free rampage most of the time and exe costs only 25 rage. Moreover, Arms execute phase is based too much on rng. If u won't get CS proc after 3-4 executes u will finish with 0 rage.

In my raiding group we have 2 warriors, me as arms, and my friends who is playing Fury. While i am ahead for most of the fight, he is lowering the gap really fast during execute phase.

Ps. Remember that fury's execute is doing his dmg twice, with main hand and off hand weapons.
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2016-12-29 at 03:51 AM.

1. Top tier among melee

2. Fury since it excels at burst aoe/cleave and NH is full of it. Arms is better at patchwerk which is literally only Trilliax.

3. It's negligible, but gnome is best for ally.

4. Already answered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherle View Post
    1. Top tier among melee

2. Fury since it excels at burst aoe/cleave and NH is full of it. Arms is better at patchwerk which is literally only Trilliax.

3. It's negligible, but gnome is best for ally.

4. Already answered.
    I'm not discrediting your opinion but out of curiosity why is gnome the best race for alliance?

Deleted
    Actually, with the rise of ilvl - human become best.

Quote Originally Posted by Intropid View Post
    I'm not discrediting your opinion but out of curiosity why is gnome the best race for alliance?
    I read from the warrior discord the higher rage cape means a good bit of rage which would normally be wasted at cap isn't. Didn't seem wrong, but honestly I assume most races are better at certain things (very negligibly).