Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

What is up with Chicago and all the murders

http://abcnews.go.com/US/chicagos-co...ry?id=44402951

I personally dont think throwing $$ at this is the solution, its about people start acting like humans instead of thugs.

anyone from that area know what a good solution would be. more patrols? maybe get some industry back in to get people back to work?

They just need to make murder illegal so it will stop happening.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Bring back the death penalty. This way its a two for one deal. Just get rid of them all.

Force a few select neighborhoods to disperse. Send a few to Montana, another few to Alaska, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    i laughed.. i didn't meant to.. it just popped out..

796 homicides mostly by handgun. Personally I think they're just showing off at this point.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    796 homicides mostly by handgun. Personally I think they're just showing off at this point.
    10 people die to someone foreign and the country chants hatred towards that person's culture and wants them banned or registered. Almost a thousand people die to shits with guns that make them feel powerful, and the country shrugs and says 'Shit happens'. Gotta love it.

Thug culture, gotta keep killing over colours and street signs. Best reasons lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    10 people die to someone foreign and the country chants hatred towards that person's culture and wants them banned or registered. Almost a thousand people die to shits with guns that make them feel powerful, and the country shrugs and says 'Shit happens'. Gotta love it.
    So your solution is to hate the culture of the people in Chicago committing these crimes?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Let's deport them to other countries. Since other countries have such a better prison system than we do (and they love reminding us of that) let them deal with them.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Thug culture, gotta keep killing over colours and street signs. Best reasons lol.
    To be fair, its more than that, Blue gang needs to expand drug distribution territory so Green gang has to die.

I watched a documentary on netflix talking about a few drug/goods distribution rings in Cihcago and it was pretty damn good. It doesn't really touch on gun violence as the center piece, but its cool to see the complex smuggling and distribution of illegal goods in Chicago, and sheds some light on why there is insane amounts of gun violence in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So your solution is to hate the culture of the people in Chicago committing these crimes?
    It's probably got something to do with culture? Or, do you think culture has nothing to do with the problems in Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Yes, clearly that's what I was getting at. You found my invisible text stuck between the second and third line that stated that was the solution, well done. Now go find Waldo.

something something lives matter.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It's chicago. It's a lost cause. may as well wall it off and use it for a military testing ground.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Nobody said "shit happens". In fact, if people said what they were thinking about when they hear Chicago + gun violence, they'd get infracted faster than if they said "peaceful religion".

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Nobody said "shit happens". In fact, if people said what they were thinking about when they hear Chicago + gun violence, they'd get infracted faster than if they said "peaceful religion".
    MMO champion isn't the country. Compare the national reaction to these shootings, to a handful of people dying from an event involving someone from overseas.

Though yes, what many here think on gun violence would get shut down pretty quickly. Mostly due to people being unable to handle a decent conversation about it sadly. =(

MMO champion isn't the country. Compare the national reaction to these shootings, to a handful of people dying from an event involving someone from overseas.
    I assure you, the typical gun-toting republican reaction to Chicago is not "shit happens," it's "stupid, fucking N#$&@*s".

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/chicagos-co...ry?id=44402951

I personally dont think throwing $$ at this is the solution, its about people start acting like humans instead of thugs.

anyone from that area know what a good solution would be. more patrols? maybe get some industry back in to get people back to work?
    Target the areas of high crime and conduct random checkpoints, heavily conduct stop/frisk, and no bullshit penalties for drug possession, carrying a gun without a permit, and felons in possession of a firearm.

Also, for the love of god, clean up those shitty schools.

They need to implement the same strategy that cleaned up NYC + some.

They need to get the criminals off the street and away from the rest of the population.

This is what happens when there is no good social security safety nets for the poor. They turn to crime and gangs.