Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Diablo 20th Anniversary Event, The Nighthold Preview

Diablo 20th Anniversary Event
    The Diablo 20th Anniversary event is live in the EU and coming soon in the US! There is an achievement, music, and some items associated with the event.

Name Category
    Diablo's 20th Anniversary There is no cow level.
    Events

Level Type Name
    20Other Twelve-String Guitar
    110Bag Horadric Satchel
    66Other Stone of Jordan
    1Other Tome of Town Portal
    1Other Scroll of Town Portal
    1Other Blank Diabolic Tome
    1Other Small Charm of Life
    1Other Small Charm of Inertia
    1Other Large Charm of Strength
    1Other Large Charm of Dexterity
    1Other Serpent's Grand Charm
    1Other Stalwart's Grand Charm

Raid Preview - The Nighthold
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The journey through Suramar has been fraught with intrigue and danger as the heroes of Azeroth have fought to help reclaim this shining city. It’s time to take the next step and face the challenges within the Nighthold.

Minimum Level: 110
    Bosses: 10

The largest structure in the Broken Isles and among the grandest in all of Azeroth, the Nighthold stands as a testament to the achievements of the nightborne civilization. Centered around the Nightwell, the fount of arcane power that has sustained Suramar for centuries, these grounds were built as a haven from the worries of the world. But as a felstorm churns above the former temple of Elune across the bay, and Gul’dan himself now resides within the palace’s walls, those worries now begin—not end—here.

Developer Insights: Even though Gul’dan awaits atop the main spire of the Nighthold, and even though mighty Legion adversaries like Tichondrius and Krosus lurk within the walls of the compound, the Nighthold is not a traditional demonic raid. It stands as a testament to perhaps the greatest civilization Azeroth has ever seen: the pinnacle of elven magic and sophistication.

Just as our artists and designers approached the creation of the city of Suramar with the aim of evoking the feel and bustle of a living city under occupation, the dungeon team wanted to make sure the Nighthold really felt like the grand palace of Suramar. From botanical gardens to guest quarters, from an observatory to chambers enclosing the power source of nightborne civilization, we tried to build a grand royal court and then consider how the Legion’s presence would affect and transform that foundation. Many of our raid zones are dark and oppressive places, by necessity—the domain of Xavius cannot be bright and cheery—but the Nighthold offers a raid environment that is both beautiful and deadly.

Raid Schedule:
    • Tuesday, January 17: Nighthold Normal and Heroic difficulties open.
    • Tuesday, January 24: Nighthold Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1 (Arcing Aqueducts) open.
    • Tuesday, February 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 2 (Royal Athenaeum) opens.
    • Tuesday, February 21: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 3 (Nightspire) opens.
    • Tuesday, March 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 4 (Betrayer’s Rise) opens.

The Nightwell

Skorpyron: Deep within the foundations of the Nighthold, beneath the sea, lie long-forgotten vaults that give access to the Nightwell itself. This monstrous armored scorpid has made its home in one of these vaults. Infused with the power of the Nightwell and surrounded by a teeming brood, Skorpyron presents a serious complication to an otherwise promising back entry to the Nighthold.

Chronomatic Anomaly: As the power to fuel an entire civilization courses from the earth, the cavern at the base of the Nightwell has become a maelstrom of raw energy. Born from this chaotic flux, the Chronomatic Anomaly is an embodiment of the power of the Eye of Aman’thul. As it lashes out with energy attacks, the bursts of energy warp the very flow of time.

Trilliax: Trilliax, once proud servant to the nightborne aristocracy, has been discarded and left to slowly deteriorate. While an unwavering will to carry out its tasks remains, the passage of time has splintered this construct’s personality matrix. It now unpredictably switches from one mode to the next, ranging from doting caretaker to homicidal sterilizer, craving recognition and validation from a master that no longer exists.

The Nighthold

Spellblade Aluriel: Aluriel always had an affinity for magic. She rose through the ranks of the Nightguard effortlessly, having a natural talent with the sword. But no matter how strong she became, she wanted more. She studied with the mages at the University of Suramar, spending her days in combat training and her evenings in the artificery. She forged her weapons and armor in the Nightwell, weaving magic spells into the precious metals. She is the first Spellblade, adept in the schools of Fire, Frost, and Arcane.

Krosus: This colossal doom lord, one of the largest and mightiest creatures in the armies of the Legion, was defeated at the Broken Shore through the combined might of the greatest heroes of the Horde and the Alliance. Having recovered from his wounds, Krosus emerges from the bay between the Nighthold and the Tomb of Sargeras to crush anyone who would oppose the Legion.

Shal’dorei Terrace

High Botanist Tel’arn: From his youth, the nightborne Tel’arn was fascinated by plant life: the resilience and adaptability of weeds, the ability of simple grass to harness the power of the sun, the way a tree may be divided into two, or two branches grafted into one. Aided by the energies of the Nightwell, he has transformed himself to the point that he is scarcely recognizable as a nightborne elf. He now considers himself something far, far greater.

Captain’s Quarters

Tichondrius: The dreadlord Tichondrius, once leader of the nathrezim, was slain by the newly awakened power of none other than Illidan Stormrage. Reconstituted in the Twisting Nether, Tichondrius returns to watch over Gul’dan on behalf of the Legion, ensuring that the orc warlock does not once again fail his masters.

Astromancer’s Rise

Star Augur Etraeus: The nightborne astromancer Etraeus has devoted long years of research to scouring the skies of Azeroth, seeking answers to the great mysteries of the universe. His scrying has shown him worlds beyond our ken, and the power of the Nightwell allows him to draw upon the essence of those worlds to amplify his own powers.

The Nightspire

Grand Magistrix Elisande: Elisande once distinguished herself by resisting the Legion. She and her highborne followers broke away from Queen Azshara and the dark path she was taking, harnessing the power of the Eye of Aman’Thul to create the Nightwell, protecting Suramar from the Sundering. But over ten thousand years later, the Legion’s arrival offered her no such recourse. She has cast her lot with the demons, hoping to once again use the power of the Nightwell—this time in a very different sense—to save her people.

The Font of Night

Gul’dan: The chain of events set in motion when Garrosh escaped to Draenor has continued, unbroken for all its twists and turns, leading to this very moment. Thwarted in Draenor, Gul’dan now stands on the precipice of achieving ultimate victory on behalf of his Legion masters. Standing atop the Nighthold, as the vortex of fel energy swirls in the skies overhead, the outcast orc warlock awaits his destiny.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-01-04 at 12:53 AM.

Still waiting on that 7.1.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Treasure Goblins can also spawn in other places.
    Found one in Thunder Totem to be exact.

ok, so how does it work?
    i just cleared a heroic dungeon, goblin spawned, killed him entered the portal.
    i got 3 charms from the cow king, killed him a 2nd time => no loot.
    Killed a bunch of non elite inside the "cow lvl" no loot

Entered the CowLvl 3 times now
    It seems you get loot every time you kill a goblin, The CowKing seems to have a lockout (24h?)
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2017-01-04 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    ok, so how does it work?

How can i get more loot from this?
    Do i have to enter a second time or do i have to wait 24h or something?
    Could be a daily cooldown on loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Treasure Goblins can also spawn in other places.
    Found one in Thunder Totem to be exact.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-01-04 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    Warlocks can sum mini diablo

Whelp that's a garbage event, Goblin dies instantly, Mobs inside the portal die instantly, Cow King dies instantly.

Done in under a minute.

They couldn't even add a guitar animation to the toy, You literally just stand there doing a casting animation.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Whelp that's a garbage event, Goblin dies instantly, Mobs inside the portal die instantly, Cow King dies instantly.

Done in under a minute.

They couldn't even add a guitar animation to the toy, You literally just stand there doing a casting animation.
    Sounds just like storming thru Diablo killing things instantly

If someone figures how to obtain the tome of town poral, I'll be happy to get a wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stagezilla View Post
    Sounds just like storming thru Diablo killing things instantly
    The difference is there's an achievement for starting the event in Diablo at level 1 and you can up the difficulty to make it a challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaquist View Post
    If someone figures how to obtain the tome of town poral, I'll be happy to get a wink
    There's an item in the list that allows you to combine 10 scrolls of Town POrtal into a Tome of Town Portal. (EDIT: Item is called Blank Diabolic Tome)

I killed the goblin and enetered the Secret Cow level and killed the Cow King and the loot from both those was (among other things) 4 scrolls of Town Portal and the item to combine them.

I *think* you also get the Twelve String Guitar toy as a guaranteed first time kill drop from the Cow King, cause it was learning that item that gave me the 20th Anniversary FoS. I doubt Blizz would put that FoS behind something that not everyone could get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaquist View Post
    Loot the Goblins and the Cow King.
    Get 10x Scroll of Town Portal and 1x Blank Diabolic Tome to combine and make the Hearthstone toy.
    You can only loot the Cow King once a day, just like world events, but you can kill the Goblins over and over to farm for the scrolls.
    (currently farming in the sewers with 1 spawn every 5 minutes).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Fkin release 7.1.5 I can't freakin deal with this AP problem dear god. so SLOW

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    ok, so how does it work?

Entered the CowLvl 3 times now
    It seems you get loot every time you kill a goblin, The CowKing seems to have a lockout (24h?)
    And the event only runs until the 11th? May the RNG gods smile upon me!

I got the tome toy after alittle time. And I'm really desapointed. Really, no special effects or anything, just a new hs

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Typical. All this scaling tech and they made the diablo event for 110's only.

10+ Year Old Account
    was tichondrius the demon that tried to trick khadgar into becoming the next guardian in that cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Typical. All this scaling tech and they made the diablo event for 110's only.
    You are wrong I did this with my priest 101 ilvl. Mobs inside were 100lvl, when I have enter inside.

Still there is one problem :P I got instantly killed by ret paladin 110 ilvl

As for the model show in the post, that was the goblin back in the Beta test we could find in Dalaran sometimes (never had chance to kill it QQ), but on live they are using the model of the Diablo Treasure Goblin pet (awarded to players who also purchased the Collector's Edition of Reaper of Souls)
    Last edited by Stiven; 2017-01-04 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    You are wrong I did this with my priest 101 ilvl. Mobs inside were 100lvl, when I have enter inside.

Still there is one problem :P I got instantly killed by ret paladin 110 ilvl
    Yeah but it's all around the same benchmark. Can't do it as a level 20 trial for example, which was what I wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yeah but it's all around the same benchmark. Can't do it as a level 20 trial for example, which was what I wanted to do.
    Have you try with Class trial 100 ? :P (or that does not work if u don't have active account)