Deleted

Enh shaman HS or swiftness/macros

Hi,

I'm ilvl 848 enh shaman. I've been through many posts recently about taking HS or swiftness. Some say HS is better in longer fight, others claim swiftness is better because of obvious stat increase as well as not having to use extra ability. Yesterday I got akaishu bracers also so that should contribute to the HS talent. Since I am trying to master the class it would be great if u could provide me with better insight regarding these talents. Also I'd appreciate if u could provide me with any useful links regarding enh shaman as well as macro u use. Thanks.

HS is always better on live, but currently in 7.1.5 you won't take it.

Any macro's you choose to use are just going to depend on play style.

As for talents, in 7.1 HS is the best DPS on that tier, but how much depends on gear and player skill. Having played with HS for months now, I can honestly say I prefer it to AS just for it giving me more to do and less boredom in fights. As for "sim damage", on my 880 enh HS vs AS is 10kish dps difference since I already have a lot of haste without it and SA/BTI equiped.

As for 7.1.5 there's 3 or 4 talent builds that all sim around the same damage for my shaman with his current gear (all around 420-425k dps), so it will be nice with more variety and not cookie cutter.

Edit: With the damage aura and the sim released 4/1/17 default build is doing 445k, HH/AS/OL/FoA/LS is at 472k.
    Last edited by D3bacl3; 2017-01-04 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3bacl3 View Post
    Any macro's you choose to use are just going to depend on play style.

As for talents, in 7.1 HS is the best DPS on that tier, but how much depends on gear and player skill. Having played with HS for months now, I can honestly say I prefer it to AS just for it giving me more to do and less boredom in fights. As for "sim damage", on my 880 enh HS vs AS is 10kish dps difference since I already have a lot of haste without it and SA/BTI equiped.

As for 7.1.5 there's 3 or 4 talent builds that all sim around the same damage for my shaman with his current gear (all around 420-425k dps), so it will be nice with more variety and not cookie cutter.

Edit: With the damage aura and the sim released 4/1/17 default build is doing 445k, HH/AS/OL/FoA/LS is at 472k.
    Might be stupid of me but what the heck is OL?!

I've used HS for raids and Tyrannical M+, but for everything else.. be it questing or 10+ mythic dungeons with Fortified trash AS just feels smoother.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by CalabanGaming View Post
    Might be stupid of me but what the heck is OL?!
    He probably means Overcharge.

I wouldn't bother with macros because the timing changes during heroism and when BTI procs.