Deleted

Which pet for leveling.

Ok i am no hunter and never leveled hunter but a friend is in my static is leveling hunter and he has no idea what pet to use while leveling.

Yea i kinda guess its not that much of a big deal because leveling is a joke and any pet will probably do but he wants the best dps pet he can find for when we level in dungeons.

At the moment he has a Cat,turtle for tanking and a sporebat....

We are currently at level 66 any hunters out there that can give any input into which pet is best for dps( raw damage not to buff party etc) while leveling thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc18033c06d1; 2017-01-05 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptre View Post
    Ok i am no hunter and never leveled hunter but a friend is in my static is leveling hunter and he has no idea what pet to use while leveling.

Yea i kinda guess its not that much of a big deal because leveling is a joke and any pet will probably do but he wants the best dps pet he can find for when we level in dungeons.

At the moment he has a Cat,turtle for tanking and a sporebat....

We are currently at level 66 any hunters out there that can give any input into which pet is best for dps while leveling thanks.
    Just use any pet, they are all the same, except the ones that have utility, corehound BL, moth/quillen BRez, water strider for water walking.

dps wise just put them in dps spec and they should do the same dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Just use any pet, they are all the same, except the ones that have utility, corehound BL, moth/quillen BRez, water strider for water walking.

dps wise just put them in dps spec and they should do the same dps.

Oh while leveling all pets should do the same dps. I was not aware of that ok thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh while leveling all pets should do the same dps. I was not aware of that ok thanks.
    All pets, regardless of level or family do the same damage. Does not matter if this is a sporebat, a cat or a bear, whatever you or he prefers. Just be sure to set the right damage spec (ferocity) in pet talents.

turtle imo ,defensive spec will allow you to aoe pull and pet can tank all of it, will speed leveling up with beast cleave.

grab a core hound in shadowmoon valley before you leave outland for bloodlust, will speed up leveling when you need to fight mini boss and stuff with lots of hp.
    Last edited by Archimand; 2017-01-05 at 10:30 AM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Carifying a few things:

- Pets have specs just like players. Cunning (Versatile, PvP), Ferocity (DPS), Tenacity (Tanking)
    - Each pet family has a default specialization (Birds are usually Cunning, wolves are ferocity)
    - In the pet spec tab of the Spec/Talent window, you can change the spec of your currently active pet. That choice is permanent until changed.
    - No matter the pet, pets in the same spec do the same damage
    - A few pet families have special skills, but usually they don't change the pet DPS.
    - For leveling, spec'ing your pet to tanking is useful to allow you to pull more mobs at a time. You can level up farily well with a pet in any spec, however.

Water strider pet is very useful, lets you walk on water (and you can mount up while the buff is active too and run across water on your mount). Can save a lot of time while questing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Water strider pet is very useful, lets you walk on water (and you can mount up while the buff is active too and run across water on your mount). Can save a lot of time while questing.
    This I agree. i used to have a cat for lvling

While the DPS of all pet is pretty much the same, I think a Tenacity Pet such as a Bear or Turtle at low levels (1-60) really helps. You can have the pet pull aggro allowing you to mow them down. Same level elites are easily soloed in most (but not all) cases.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Monkey for the dodge passive. It comes in handy when fighting pesky elites

Thunder-lezard from the barrens, they are cute and have good a good tanking ability. Besides it is a ferocity pet which grants 10% leech and you really want this passive for leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Petopia is a great site to let you find and learn about pets and pet types, abilities and whatnot.

There is only 1 pet you want for leveling and that's a spirit beast. 7% stamina, a strong heal for your pet/player every 30 secs and a 20% dr. I didn't need any other pet for leveling and I solo all rares. The pets with extra damage reduction are not needed as spirit mend will heal for more than the damage the pet takes and you have exhilaration if you need to bring the pet back up to 100%. A lust pet in most cases can be brought out if you really need but when leveling most stuff will die before the buff runs out and the leech benefit is minor compared to spirit mend. You can get a water walking mount if you don't already have it.
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2019-01-14 at 05:26 PM.

Any bloodlust pet, BL every 10min is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 year necro, that's sweet. I doubt the OP is still leveling their hunter after 2 years.

Hidra is good

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator Garrus View Post
    2 year necro, that's sweet. I doubt the OP is still leveling their hunter after 2 years.
    Gotta get that prep on for Classic leveling and the return of MANA for hunters, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahlah View Post
    Gotta get that prep on for Classic leveling and the return of MANA for hunters, yay!
    Don't forget the dead zone!

Shalebeast is the correct answer, you can use ferocity spec and get a defensive shield at the same time.