Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    haha. I still applaud him for that one. Do you have an example that effects the country?
    Wow, you really like to move those goalposts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Where's your math for this?
    Math is a liberal construct that has no place in conservative crazy talk.

haha. I still applaud him for that one. Do you have an example that effects the country? Or is your only example of Republican Obstructionism that the asked for Congress to live by the laws they pass?
    Sure, Republican Richard Burr added that a private plan would be exempt from any federal or state requirement related to quality improvement and reporting if the community health insurance option is not subject to the specific requirement. 2 down, 159 to go, keep moving that goalpost.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Yea I'm counting on maintenance costs.

And the wall is only one mechanism in controlling the inundation of people that we don't want to be here.
    Yet you guys ignore the flow of unwanteds from the Canadian border and the ports. Because the brown illegals are the only ones to worry about right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Wow, you really like to move those goalposts.
    He says the Republicans fought Obamacare by offering 161 amendments (that the democrats had to vote for,) if that's all he had, pretty weak. I say he is LYING.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Sure, Republican Richard Burr added that a private plan would be exempt from any federal or state requirement related to quality improvement and reporting if the community health insurance option is not subject to the specific requirement. 2 down, 159 to go, keep moving that goalpost.
    One more example please, there is over 100 right? Surely there is another dastardly amendment you can find with google. Maybe you can find the one were the Republicans destroyed Obamacare. You got 2 so far, and they don't really seem to be meaningful. Hell, Obama's executive actions are far more meaningful. But who cares about democracy when it's Democrat policy?
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-01-06 at 01:12 PM.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

He says the Republicans fought Obamacare by offering 161 amendments (that the democrats had to vote for,) if that's all he had, pretty weak. I say he is LYING.
    I didn't say that. You said Republicans had no say in the law and had no amendments.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

And you asked for one, and he provided it. Then you didn't like the answer, so you asked for another with added qualifiers... and he provided it.

Here's what you said:

"Right, had to wait for Franken to steal the election. Now, you could prove me to be an asshole here, if you could point me to a SINGLE GOP amendment to the ACA, because I say that is bullshit. (also btw, someday I will teach you to do a proper 3 point attack, when you only have two points to make)"

He fulfilled your request. Instead of thanking him for pointing one out to you, you got angry that he did exactly what you asked for. That means your problem goes deeper than the evidence, and so further evidence will not sway you. There's no reason to think that more evidence will convince you, since your request has already been filled, and you refused to acknowledge it. The fault in logic is on your side, not on his.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What kind of change would have been enough, I wonder? I mean, isn't the US president's power rather non-existent when it comes to domestic policies? Isn't the Congress super obstructionist over there, which is why ACA was mauled to what it is now? At least that's how I recall reading what happened to it.
    They planned on being obstructionists on the day Obama was inaugurated with the our job is to make him a one termer nonsense. Republicans had every chance to improve the ACA while it was being written but instead decided to gut, said they approved of it with the changes they made to it, then voted against it. They have no interest in governing they just want power. It has been made even more clear with their announcement they will attempt to repeal the ACA with no plans to replace it.

Of course, there was no conceivable way he could force Mexico to pay in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    This is why we can't leave our budget in control of by irresponsible liberals. Somebody has to care who pays for this wall.
    The budget has been controlled by the GOP since 2010.

Deleted
    Pointless discussion eventually. Trump and his sycophants will continue to move goalposts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Do I sound like an angry someone-who-would-vote-for-this-guy?
    Cut the whiny parts below and this looks good.

That’s a significant expenditure at the best of times, but when it’s being spent on a monument to populist stupidity, it’s utterly outrageous to even consider spending that sort of money.
    If Trump wants his wall, let him pay for it out of his own pocket, but

10+ Year Old Account
    And you asked for one, and he provided it. Then you didn't like the answer, so you asked for another with added qualifiers... and he provided it.

Here's what you said:

"Right, had to wait for Franken to steal the election. Now, you could prove me to be an asshole here, if you could point me to a SINGLE GOP amendment to the ACA, because I say that is bullshit. (also btw, someday I will teach you to do a proper 3 point attack, when you only have two points to make)"

He fulfilled your request. Instead of thanking him for pointing one out to you, you got angry that he did exactly what you asked for. That means your problem goes deeper than the evidence, and so further evidence will not sway you. There's no reason to think that more evidence will convince you, since your request has already been filled, and you refused to acknowledge it. The fault in logic is on your side, not on his.
    He has delivered no list of 161 amendments. You cant call me stupid for making him search for it, and posting things he wouldn't believe if I just told him.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    The budget has been controlled by the GOP since 2010.
    That is the truth. But that is why it isn't going to work. It should be obvious by now that is the furthest thing from what makes these people make decisions.

He has delivered no list of 161 amendments. You cant call me stupid for making him search for it, and posting things he wouldn't believe if I just told him.
    You asked for "a SINGLE GOP amendment" and he provided it to you. He did exactly as you requested, and you only got more angry. You didn't ask for 161 amendments, you asked for one. I can call you illogical for continuing to move goalposts. Make up your mind.

You made the claim that it was bullshit, and demanded that he provide you with one example. Since he did provide you with an example, it disproves your claim that it was "bullshit." Your claim was refuted, and your request for information was fulfilled. Don't get pissy for being proven wrong, and having someone else do exactly as you ask of him.

Now, you could have asked him for the list, but you didn't. Since you asked for one, and he provided it, he has fulfilled his obligation. Since you ignored it, and threw a tantrum, there's no reason to continue trying to cater to you, because you will either refuse to believe it (as is already the case), or you will continue to ask for more and more (as has also already happened). At this point, since the information you requested has already been provided, there is no reason to believe that any further information with placate your illogical tantrum.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-01-06 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Trump is President, but not my President and will never be. Even when he does things I agree with.

How you win matters and he won without honor, integrity or decency. The American President-elect won by being profoundly un-American. Rather than representing our highest values and virtues, he represented their debasement.

But that's a-okay to people like you! For the life of me, I don't get why you don't demand a better class of person to be this country's President.
    Unfortunately he is your president too. As much as I do not like it either we have to swallow that pill and live with it for at least 4 years. Just becasue you didn't vote for him or don't like him he is our president. It is talk like this that has made it virtually impossible to discuss politics on a social level and has made it nearly impossible to compromise and work together on the legislative levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Eventually somebody in Mexico will find a reliable way to breach this monolthic wall. Maybe it will be digging a certain number of feet under it, through to the other side. Maybe it will be getting a type of saw to cut open part of it. Regardless knowledge of how to breach the wall will spread like wildfire and render the wall worthless.
    They have been going under the current walls for many years. There are extensive tunnel systems underground between Mexico and the US that have been used to smuggle in everything from people to drugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Says he wants to cut down on useless government spending and then he turns around and says this? I don't want to fun a stupid wall between us and mexico. It won't solve the issues at hand. He needs to figure out a Real plan to stop illegal immigration and to deal with those already here.
    Put business owners in jail and out of business if they hire illegals. Put them out of business or force them to pay fair wages to legal citizens. Stop the demand for cheap illegal workers and you will stop a large chunk of the illegal immigration.

10+ Year Old Account
    You asked for "a SINGLE GOP amendment" and he provided it to you. He did exactly as you requested, and you only got more angry. You didn't ask for 161 amendments, you asked for one. I can call you illogical for continuing to move goalposts. Make up your mind.

You made the claim that it was bullshit, and demanded that he provide you with one example. Since he did provide you with an example, it disproves your claim that it was "bullshit." Your claim was refuted, and your request for information was fulfilled. Don't get pissy for being proven wrong, and having someone else do exactly as you ask of him.

Now, you could have asked him for the list, but you didn't. Since you asked for one, and he provided it, he has fulfilled his obligation. Since you ignored it, and threw a tantrum, there's no reason to continue trying to cater to you, because you will either refuse to believe it (as is already the case), or you will continue to ask for more and more (as has also already happened). At this point, since the information you requested has already been provided, there is no reason to believe that any further information with placate your illogical tantrum.
    The amendment he stated is not circumstantial do the discussion. I am looking for something that will show actual Republican sabotage, not some feel good amendment even all the Democrats would advocate. Yes...he gave an example...a LAUGHABLE example...that doesn't even really reflect GOP Policy as you claim. And then he had another even less important example. Keep going by all means. I would love him to rattle off all 161 amendments, (they get less important) L2Internet pal.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Borders aren't useless government spending.

It's like saying all countries not at war should stop spending on their military.

Preventive measures is what they are.
    A physical wall won't stop anyone from getting in that wants to get in. If that were the case there would never be any burglaries.

The amendment he stated is not circumstantial do the discussion. I am looking for something that will show actual Republican sabotage, not some feel good amendment even all the Democrats would advocate. Yes...he gave an example...a LAUGHABLE example. And then another even less important example. Keep going by all means. I would love him to rattle off all 161 amendments, (they get less important) L2Internet pal.
    Because an amendment that gets bipartisan support isn't a REAL Republican amendment...

Haha. This is so great. Please keep going.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL, Mexico will pay for it through congress, just because they aren't opening their wallet and handing the dough over doesn't mean they wont pay for it.