Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptus View Post
    I been farming this item for a long time with a friend of mine (about a year or so) we stopped playing for close to 3 months. Barely resubbed about 3 weeks ago, Saturday it was a slow boring day, we decided to go through seige just for fun, it for the first time farming since quitting. He got the Shaman set he's been farming and I got the Shoulders.

We did it on heroic just 1 time a week, never did the fancy stuff with the loot rolls and party trick where you leave a party after the kill to get extra loot. We both got lucky and got the 2 rarest drops on the same run. We'd just go through once and it took about 30 minutes to an hour and then moved on.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../uther/kryptus

Seems I've only done the run about 13 garrosh Kills. So... I guess I am one of the few lucky ones.
    I mean this in the most polite way possible, fuck you.

But seriously, that's amazing tusks in 13 kills?

I'm approaching 650 kills with no tusks so far
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    I mean this in the most polite way possible, fuck you.

But seriously, that's amazing tusks in 13 kills?

I'm approaching 650 kills with no tusks so far
    I know man, I'm sorry.

I thought I was never going to get it, so that was why I quite farming for a bit. Suddenly got it on lucky 13. Which happens to be the name of my favorite Burger joint here in town. Just all around luck.
    Dual Wield PVP Warrior/Death Knight PVP Videos/Tips/Guides

I know man, I'm sorry.

I thought I was never going to get it, so that was why I quite farming for a bit. Suddenly got it on lucky 13. Which happens to be the name of my favorite Burger joint here in town. Just all around luck.
    No reason to be sorry. I've talked with GM's about the drop and have been reassured multiple times that they still drop and it's the same chance every time. I'd go play the Powerball if I were you, lol.

Congrats though, you lucky bastard

It's kind of ironic though. I ran heroic SOO on my shaman months and months ago to get the lockout that I use and in that first time ever taking my shaman through SOO, the dark shaman set dropped - I didn't even know it existed. Additionally, the first time I ever ran my shaman through BT a couple months back, the mainhand warglaive dropped... for my shaman... feelsrealbad.

lol, but here's to hoping on my 637'th kill I get the tusks!

- - - Updated - - -

I know man, I'm sorry.

were you using personal or group loot?
    Last edited by Drtydeeds; 2017-05-16 at 05:47 PM.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

No reason to be sorry. I've talked with GM's about the drop and have been reassured multiple times that they still drop and it's the same chance every time. I'd go play the Powerball if I were you, lol.

Congrats though, you lucky bastard

It's kind of ironic though. I ran heroic SOO on my shaman months and months ago to get the lockout that I use and in that first time ever taking my shaman through SOO, the dark shaman set dropped - I didn't even know it existed. Additionally, the first time I ever ran my shaman through BT a couple months back, the mainhand warglaive dropped... for my shaman... feelsrealbad.

lol, but here's to hoping on my 637'th kill I get the tusks!

- - - Updated - - -

were you using personal or group loot?
    Just keep up the #tusklife grind it'll happen eventually. For me the lucky number was ~700 so you're right there where I was last week this time.

There are always people farming on the Warrior Discord in the #transmog section so if you hop in you'll have a support group to help keep your spirits up!

Quote Originally Posted by Struction View Post
    Just keep up the #tusklife grind it'll happen eventually. For me the lucky number was ~700 so you're right there where I was last week this time.

There are always people farming on the Warrior Discord in the #transmog section so if you hop in you'll have a support group to help keep your spirits up!
    I do appreciate it, lol.

Congrats on getting your tusks! Quite an accomplishment (in most cases).
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

I'm one of those lucky bastards that got TF items & both warglaives within a few runs. Gonna try my luck on Tusks. Only 1 kill on Garrosh so far. Mostly because I find Immerseus unbearable

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    I'm one of those lucky bastards that got TF items & both warglaives within a few runs. Gonna try my luck on Tusks. Only 1 kill on Garrosh so far. Mostly because I find Immerseus unbearable
    You should only have to kill Immerseus once. Do it on an alt and use the group finder trick to keep running it over and over on your farming toon.

Unless you're talking about farming mythic, in which case, Bear Tartare is your friend for that encounter.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

You should only have to kill Immerseus once. Do it on an alt and use the group finder trick to keep running it over and over on your farming toon.

Unless you're talking about farming mythic, in which case, Bear Tartare is your friend for that encounter.
    oh wow I had no clue this was a thing. And here I was clearing it once a week on my main. Thanks!

The tusks.. do you know what the tusks of mannoroth is? it's the chromatic sword dropped by a scale belly, a story we agree to tell each other over... and over.. till we forget that it's a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutmacher View Post
    The tusks.. do you know what the tusks of mannoroth is? it's the chromatic sword dropped by a scale belly, a story we agree to tell each other over... and over.. till we forget that it's a lie.
    I'd never heard of the Chromatic Sword before, thanks for the reference.

However, I will continue to trudge on in the tusks farm.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

I'd never heard of the Chromatic Sword before, thanks for the reference.

However, I will continue to trudge on in the tusks farm.
    I had it set on group loot. Just me and a Shaman. It went directly to me when the item dropped.
    Dual Wield PVP Warrior/Death Knight PVP Videos/Tips/Guides

I still don't understand how I got Tusks in week 3-4 of SoO on my at-the-time alt Warrior, then saw them the last 2 weeks, in a row at the end of MoP (when they were testing 20M Mythic). 3 total throughout SoO - kinda devalued how rare they are to me, and now when I see people farming 500, 600, 700+ kills for them, I just feel sad.

Why are these so sought after? I never understood this.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Because to some people they look amazing.

I personally think they look so good and will continue to farm them on my orc warrior until they are mine!

And if you see them on a human femaie, you never will... /grumble-scaling-garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Crazykeven View Post
    Because to some people they look amazing.

I personally think they look so good and will continue to farm them on my orc warrior until they are mine!
    I play alliance so that's prob why they don't interest me. Plus I play a gnome female lol. I can see how they would look cool on an orc

Deleted
    I can see how they would look cool on an orc
    they absolutely do https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...oroth/shaelmar

got lucky back in mop, guess on my 17th kill. Was the only warrior so didnt even have to roll

I've always had to do this the old way without group finder and alts - can the alt be on the same account or has to be separate account?

I know the strat to do this was explained in steps but I still feel like I'm missing something because I'm so used to running things once a week.
    Top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I've always had to do this the old way without group finder and alts - can the alt be on the same account or has to be separate account?

I know the strat to do this was explained in steps but I still feel like I'm missing something because I'm so used to running things once a week.
    Setting up the raid ID
    • Clear 12/13 Heroic SoO on an alt (not your farming toon)
    • Leave the instance - just to be safe, logout somewhere away from SoO
    • Create a group in groupfinder (still on your alt). I choose to make my group private and auto accept.
    • Make sure to convert to raid
    • Log out of alt

Farming
    • Login to your farming toon (main)
    • Find your alt's group in the group finder thing. Should be at the top of the list and in light blue.
    • Apply to your alt's group and accept the invite
    • Zone into SoO
    • Run to Garrosh to start the RP (note if you can bring one of the Ichor/Slime things or any of the other mobs from the Rough Hewn Passage to the throne, it will despawn Garrosh and skip the RP)
    • Kill Garrosh
    • Loot Garrosh and Bonus Roll
    • Rinse and repeat hundreds of times.

You'll have to farm up lots and lots of Lesser Charm of Good Fortune to buy the Warforged Seals (bonus roll coins), but other than that, this method will allow you to kill Garrosh over and over again.

Additionally, you do have to reset all instances on the alt if you wish to do this multiple times. Garrosh will be up all by himself and you just run in and kill him. You will need to extend the raid ID after each reset as well, but again, just make sure you reset before jumping into SoO on your farming toon.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Setting up the raid ID

Additionally, you do have to reset all instances on the alt if you wish to do this multiple times. Garrosh will be up all by himself and you just run in and kill him. You will need to extend the raid ID after each reset as well, but again, just make sure you reset before jumping into SoO on your farming toon.
    does that mean that if I do that with an alt from the same account I have to logout from my farming toon, log the alt, reset, and log again the farming one?
    I used to have a friend hosting the ID for me but he is no longer playing. This seems much slower
    any tip for fast logout - login?? thanks