Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maybe think the guy who said items off of seals has been reduced? I've gone through 50 seals and counting and not had a single item now o.O

Deleted
    1243 kills and still nothing, love blizzard, love RNG <3

Quote Originally Posted by KappaKeepo123 View Post
    Best way to farm Tusks of Mannoroth?
    Balls deep in a dead tranny

Deleted
    How is it going for you guys farming them?

I'm at fairly modest 300 or so now, slowed down somewhat knowing the sheer unlikliness they'll ever drop ������

1350 kills, still waiting for dem tusks

Deleted
    Registered to leave my experience(s) thus far.

Currently farming these a second time.

Got Tusks first time round about 10 months ago on my first account,
    relaxed farming just doing weekly mythic kills only as friend wanted the mount. Tusks dropped after about 15 kills.

Decided on Monday I needed something to do before BFA hits, so figured lets spend (hopefully not) the next 3 weeks farming these solid.

So I'm running 2 accounts and doing the usual mythic + heroic runs on each character and then continuing on with Bonus rolls lockout.

Started Monday 23/07 and I'm at 200 kills, if I get it < 1000 kills i'll consider myself lucky, running almost 70 bonus roll kills a day, so we'll see.

In a position where my friend wants the mount for his 250 mount achieve and we have an agreement in place whereby he gets the mount if it drops and I get Tusks, he's also in a similar position whereby he has nothing much else to do and we're committed to grinding this together which ultimately reduces boredom, as I'm starting to run out of cheesy playlists to listen too during the grind...

One oddity that I have noticed though is that if you're running Bonus roll on HC. The bonus roll window (default Blizz UI) only shows - Normal gear and obviously Tusks are not in the list, though if I win some bonus loot it's Heroic Loot I receive as expected... odd why the Bonus roll windows only shows normal gear.

Will be streaming and ultimately recording the drop and if you need any tips checkout the latest video.
    Channel link in my profile with videos of the previous drop and current grind sessions.
    Last edited by mmoc3e1fe16c79; 2018-07-25 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond1 View Post
    1350 kills, still waiting for dem tusks
    If you have 3 characters that can loot the Tusks - Paladin, DK, Warrior and every week cleared Heroic AND Mythic on all 3 you would have to to do this for 225 weeks which is more than 4 years. Doubt it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    If you have 3 characters that can loot the Tusks - Paladin, DK, Warrior and every week cleared Heroic AND Mythic on all 3 you would have to to do this for 225 weeks which is more than 4 years. Doubt it!
    Bonus roll farming ? I've done 200 kills in 2 days..
    (And fyi at your calculation, SoO was released in Sept 2013, so even without bonus roll farming, still entirely possible)

Bonus roll runs

Just go solo SoO on your Boomkin and have it drop the first time...like me. So mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Well, AA damage had been increased in the beta last time I checked, so that might be normal. Scaling in old raids is terrible though. Had no trouble with SoO but Ra-Den is a pain in the ass for example. And shit just takes a lot longer to die in general.
    Killed Ra'den (25 man) in like 20 seconds with my 220 warrior (940 before pre-patch). That's not a pain in the ass in my book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraezyfakka View Post
    Bonus roll farming ? I've done 200 kills in 2 days..
    (And fyi at your calculation, SoO was released in Sept 2013, so even without bonus roll farming, still entirely possible)
    well bonus roll kills should not count in a "I killed x so many times". You most often do not even get an item from bonus rolls.

well bonus roll kills should not count in a "I killed x so many times". You most often do not even get an item from bonus rolls.
    I bet most people following this thread is interested in bonus roll kill count though..

Deleted
    Not sure how that logic works as you have to kill him for the opportunity to use a Bonus Roll so technically he's been killed and should therefore be included in the "i've killed X so many times" ?

My 200 bonus roll kills since Monday

46 loot drops (23%)
    154 Gold (77%)

Bonus Roll Tracker

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by walkerde13 View Post
    Just go solo SoO on your Boomkin and have it drop the first time...like me. So mad!
    Ouch! One of the reasons I refuse to go in with anything other than a plate class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is smiling in hell.

Honestly, my best advice is to have 3 to 6 plate character level 110. Then kill garrosh once per week with your plates alt. The BfA legacy loot mode has increased your chance!
    This way you get to farm the tusks efficiency while having a limit of 3-6runs per week.
    Having a limit is very important as many people don't know if they should keep farming for hours or do something else. It really can become a kind of addiction and a huge waste of time at the end. I believe 90% of those who have the Tusks would have been fluent in chinese if they invested the farming time into learning a language.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hey fellow tusk farmers!

Just wanted to share my thougts on the grind here since it seems like the right place for it.What I do is killig Garrosh on my Warrior, Paladin and DK once on heroic and mythic every week for the regular loot + one bonus roll each week after the reset .After that I continue grinding HC bonus rolls with the warrior. Starting from May 29th I am at 715 hc kills and 5 mythic kills now (numbers from warrior only).

For the first 100ish kills i really hoped to be one of the blessed ones that pull their tusks in only "a few" runs but that euphoria quickly faded and killing Garrosh became my main doing in the game. In the early runs I allways had the feeling they could drop any moment now but they didn't and so it became quite a habit tokill Garrosh until the "too many instances..." warning appeared without even thinking tusks could ever drop. I just killed him over and over because... that's what you do every day... right? What I'm trying to express is the feeling you get during this insanely long grind where you just get into a mode and can't stop even though you lost the belief that you will ever reach your goal.

Later last night a buddy of mine that pushed my Paladin and DK through mythic a few times (they are only 105 and 100) wrote to me that got the tusks on his Warrior while he was doing Garrosh for anything else (mount i guess). He sure was happy to have them but he didn't really hunt them like we do. In case they would have dropped during one of the boosts for my alts he would have traded them to me.

Seriously... it's things like that what really crushes my last tiny bit of belief that they will ever drop for me. People get the tusks dropped on their cloth/leather/mail toons (sorry for all of you that needed to experiance this terrible pain!) or people get the tusks that do not really grind them...
    Really frustrating for me as a person that invests the majority of their online time to get them...

Will continue farming tutks nevertheless. The point of no return has been passed long time ago already.

Just my (little salty) 2 cents.

/Brawl
    Last edited by Brawlgrim; 2018-07-27 at 10:15 AM.

I've personally been farming them on my Warrior, DK and Paladin for most of Legion. I don't do repeated runs to bonus roll, as I have a lot of other collecting things I do (I don't even main a plate user, I just love farming rare stuff :P)

I get the 1 tier token, 2 random drops that can be Tusks and bonus roll every time. Still haven't seen them. Though the new legacy mode should help players who farm it the way I do, quite a lot.

GL to everyone farming

PS. I know a guy who got them in 40 bonus roll runs the day he decided to go for them - /wrists

Deleted
    I totally feel you. It's insane :'(