Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Denmark here:
    Not at all common.
    Most of the people here have been with more than 1 before their marriage. Also, the one they marry is most certainly also one they have had intercourse with quite a few times before the wedding night.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Hopefully not very, since it lacks a practical purpose.
    Criticizing some people's religious beliefs is not very nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very rare in Sweden. Probably because "no sex before marriage" is usually a religious thing and Sweden is one of the most, if not the most secular country in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yeah good christian girls don't have sex before marriage.

Just anal :>
    Relevant!

I knew a couple in highschool who the girl was very adamant about being a virgin until marriage but from what I heard they did "everything else" and eventually her purity ring disappeared altogether so yeah pretty sure she didn't stick to that. The guy didn't care about waiting for marriage he just went along with it because she insisted on it. I can understand wanting to save yourself for someone important to you but saving yourself until marriage is a bit much. It's not like you're guaranteed to never divorce. I do have a friend whose parents were virgins when they got married because they both saved themselves but I don't think they are religious I think they just valued it as something important to share with someone you'd made a full commitment to.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    80% of the of women my age at the church I attended got married as a result of getting pregnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    I am a practicing christ, catholic type. I go to church nearly every sunday. i pray and i confess regularly.

but i had sex, am not married and i even had sex with myself. i dont recall ever beeing told by a priest or religion teacher to have to enter marriage as virgin. The only stuff i know of is that priests are not allowed to marriage (they are married to god / the church on a sacrament thats the same level as marriage). But even priests are allowed to have sex. (although its a sin, as they are cheating on the church, if found out they will get into some troubles, but nothing severe)
    Then my friend you should ask your priest about fornication.

a small selection of scripture from the old and new testament (again reread the book to understand the context of each scripture)
    https://www.openbible.info/topics/no...efore_marriage

if you are a christian and a catholic, you should know that sex outside of mariage is a no-no. The fact that a lot of christian decide that they can do without it does not change the church teaching on the matter. sorry to break your bubble.

also, sex with yourself is called masturbation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Then my friend you should ask your priest about fornication.

a small selection of scripture from the old and new testament (again reread the book to understand the context of each scripture)
    https://www.openbible.info/topics/no...efore_marriage

if you are a christian and a catholic, you should know that sex outside of mariage is a no-no. The fact that a lot of christian decide that they can do without it does not change the church teaching on the matter. sorry to break your bubble.

also, sex with yourself is called masturbation.
    Unless I am mistaken part of giving confession is that you're supposed to intend not to repeat the sin you're confessing to so if you go confess after each time you fornicate it shouldn't count as you don't intend to stop and your sin probably isn't forgiven and god will still be unhappy with you.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Unless I am mistaken part of giving confession is that you're supposed to intend not to repeat the sin you're confessing to so if you go confess after each time you fornicate it shouldn't count as you don't intend to stop and your sin probably isn't forgiven and god will still be unhappy with you.
    you are correct. a confession goes with not repeating the sin. if the believer "confesses" only to goes back to sinning, he has not repented. Repentance is what makes a confession true and the sin forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    you are correct. a confession goes with not repeating the sin. if the believer "confesses" only to goes back to sinning, he has not repented. Repentance is what makes a confession true and the sin forgiven.
    Except that it's impossible to be sin free in that religion - it teaches that humans are born sinners and stay that way until they go to Heaven

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Have encountered a fair share of those women through my life, trying to figure out just how they think that's going to even work out. Like, how to deal with it if you're not really meshing sexually after you're married? Divorce them then? Why not just have sex before marriage to make sure you're even compatible with eachother?
    Quick lesson for you:

Don't beleive them when they spout this unless they're Mormon, Muslim, or any religion that takes more commitment than going to church on sunday.

Anyone outside of that is likely full of shit.

Deleted
    Not very common, because almost nobody wants to get married that soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Is it though?
    No.

No it isn't.

They're closet freaks most of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I agree. And let's not forget that humans practiced abstinence for thousands of years before the pill and sexual revolution. It's more true to say that abstinence what humans do if you look at it historically.
    Personally, I did not wait. But if I had a partner that wanted to, I would be fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Not very common.
    If the girl isn't down for fucking after the fifth or six date, dump her and find another girl. There are plenty out there.
    True love right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Not very common.

If the girl isn't down for fucking after the fifth or six date, dump her and find another girl. There are plenty out there.

10 char.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Is it though?
    Not the "conservatives" in USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Except that it's impossible to be sin free in that religion - it teaches that humans are born sinners and stay that way until they go to Heaven
    Fair point. You're all dirty sinners!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

10 char.
    Still on about that "if she doesn't wanna bang you on the third date there is no chemistry or attraction and it's not worth it" thing? =P
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Women where I live pretty much put out on the first date 100%, aggressively too. It has been like that since i was 16.

Don't think you can find a 16 year old virgin around here. Probably not even 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    I am not one to compare religions or criticize them. to each his/believe, live and let live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    That's quite absurd. If you're not enjoying sex with a partner then the rest of the relationship is going to suffer as an effect of this.
    well, youve got your whole life to figure out how to enjoy it, on the other hand if everything is perfect from the start then its just gonna get worse over time.