Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legion Developer Q&A - Paul Kubit

Legion Developer Q&A - Paul Kubit
    Paul Kubit is talking about Brawlers’ Guild, Micro-Holidays, Timewalking, and Professions today!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad that Obliterum got obsolete so fast. seemed like a nice mechanic

I'm not sure I agree with the assessment from the devs that materials are only more expense this expansion because we have to go and gather them, rather than relying only on our garrison. For example, in expansions other than WoD we've seen blue gems become cheap on the market after a few months, and potions and flasks have always been negligibly expensive. Now 1 potion of the old war goes for around 700g on my server - which even accounting for inflation was not the case in Wrath, Cata, or MoP. I've prospected hundreds and hundreds of stacks of ore all this expansion too and the yield of blue gems seems far below what it was in MoP, Cata, or Wrath. It's more than just the garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters: Lore mentioned that class tuning hotfixes are coming soon, keep an eye out for them hunters.

More lies / promises or actual fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Sargiean View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with the assessment from the devs that materials are only more expense this expansion because we have to go and gather them, rather than relying only on our garrison. For example, in expansions other than WoD we've seen blue gems become cheap on the market after a few months, and potions and flasks have always been negligibly expensive. Now 1 potion of the old war goes for around 700g on my server - which even accounting for inflation was not the case in Wrath, Cata, or MoP. I've prospected hundreds and hundreds of stacks of ore all this expansion too and the yield of blue gems seems far below what it was in MoP, Cata, or Wrath. It's more than just the garrison.
    It's because of all the gold people stacked during wod and previous expansions. Mostly the gold during wod was thrown at us so people have huge stockpiles of it. That in turn has caused everything to be more expensive.

Getting rank 3 recipes from RBG is so asinine, Blizzard logic is fucking ridiculous. Trying to force people into any part of the game is silly, or did Blizzard forget the backlash in MoP with the Ring forcing you to PvP. Blizzard is so out of touch with their own game it's a great /popcorn show at times.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    It's because of all the gold people stacked during wod and previous expansions. Mostly the gold during wod was thrown at us so people have huge stockpiles of it. That in turn has caused everything to be more expensive.
    I disagree. While gold was easy to get in WoD, most people didn't bother. Many people don't have millions of gold, if even totaling 1 million across multiple toons. I agree with the person you quoted, blue gems drop to rarely (yes, yes, I know, blue = rare).

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    I disagree. While gold was easy to get in WoD, most people didn't bother. Many people don't have millions of gold, if even totaling 1 million across multiple toons. I agree with the person you quoted, blue gems drop to rarely (yes, yes, I know, blue = rare).
    Yup, getting a rank 3 str flask is now taking me past 700 crafts. While the int one i proced rank 3 in about 10 crafts... agi flask took 4 crafts... something is wrong with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be pretty cool if professions could craft Artifact appearances or materials needed to unlock them.

i still want my brimstone rank 2 for starters

7+ Year Old Account
    Obliterum upgrades help to keep crafted gear relevant.
    In what game? Because it certainly isn't WoW....

In the future the team might be able to do Vanilla timewalking, but there are no plans to do it right now. The Vanilla dungeons don't hold up to current dungeon design standards, which is why they didn't start with Vanilla timewalking. They don't feel challenging and aren't tuned for max-level players.
    Alright, so redesign them like you did with other things. Also, the most challenging dungeons I've ever done were probably during Vanilla. The group's "control" was more important than any other expansion - position, crowd control, threat, pulling, damage priority, etc. TBC dungeons were tough for a while, too, along with those three ICC ones in Wrath. Those are the first that come to mind.

Anyone else think this guy was a bit of an ass?

Oh good, hotfixes are coming! Lets see who they overnerf and overbuff now. $20.00 says hunters end up with all 3 top dps spots, and all the top 5 dps end up in the bottom.

WTF is the point of the PTR if you change everything the night before and have to immediately implement untested hotfixes you fucking morons.

So, when are them pets that get stuck on everything going to be fixed so i can actually cross a bridge without having to re-summon?

What I get from this is Blizzard is basically saying " Yes, we screwed up all of the professions, you are no longer allowed to make useful items. We aren't going to fix it, too bad" Does that sum it up pretty well?

I don't see why they can't allow Blacksmiths to craft an item that modifies the traits attached to the different artifact relics. It feels terrible to lose your best trait due to a 5 ilvl relic upgrade, knowing how rare it is to get a decently rolled relic for that trait again. It'd make the profession relevant even when the obliterum and crafted armor isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    I don't see why they can't allow Blacksmiths to craft an item that modifies the traits attached to the different artifact relics. It feels terrible to lose your best trait due to a 5 ilvl relic upgrade, knowing how rare it is to get a decently rolled relic for that trait again. It'd make the profession relevant even when the obliterum and crafted armor isn't.
    Then you'd be missing out on all of legions RNG. . . I mean content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters: Lore mentioned that class tuning hotfixes are coming soon, keep an eye out for them hunters.
    Who is Lore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronsin View Post
    Yup, getting a rank 3 str flask is now taking me past 700 crafts. While the int one i proced rank 3 in about 10 crafts... agi flask took 4 crafts... something is wrong with this.

it took me over 1500 crafts to get the rank 3 int flask, it took me just under 600 crafts for the rank 3 agility flask, it took more than 2000 crafts for the rank 3 strength flask, i still don't have the stamina one at rank 3 yet and i'm approaching 1200 crafts for that flask type (i'm the guild alchemist hence my large numbers), and even considering my role, i have still spent millions on herbs myself to try and get these recipes faster, i have all the potions at rank 3, don't yet have spirit cauldron at rank 3, even after crafting ~100 of them since they were added, and i haven't bothered wasting any mats on making the "flavour" potions cos they are simply not worth the gold to craft at all, and certainly not worth the time to farm the mats needed, the only useful one of those is saggldrynk, and even then is very niche due to being used for M+ and not really anywhere outside that.