Bloodworms viable in 7.1.5

Like the title suggests, anyone got an idea if blood worms will be viable in 7.1.5? Or is the healing still too low?

With the buff to Bloodworms and the nerf to heartbreaker i'm a little torn too. Normally i'm a heartbreaker kind of guy because to me more RP = more Death Strikes = more damage and healing.

Having said that it looks like we'll be generating a lot less RP with the nerf to both Heartbreaker and Rapid Decompostion and i'm not sure why this is needed. I certainly don't feel as though I was generating a huge amount of RP before and feel like i'm going to struggle a little now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaxx View Post
    With the buff to Bloodworms and the nerf to heartbreaker i'm a little torn too. Normally i'm a heartbreaker kind of guy because to me more RP = more Death Strikes = more damage and healing.

Having said that it looks like we'll be generating a lot less RP with the nerf to both Heartbreaker and Rapid Decompostion and i'm not sure why this is needed. I certainly don't feel as though I was generating a huge amount of RP before and feel like i'm going to struggle a little now.
    The justification is most likely the fact that we'll be using Mrend a whole lot less now, ergo, more Heartstrikes, more RP. That said, I don't really like it either and 1RP/s feels severely underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by xpire View Post
    The justification is most likely the fact that we'll be using Mrend a whole lot less now, ergo, more Heartstrikes, more RP. That said, I don't really like it either and 1RP/s feels severely underwhelming.
    Ahh right, I had forgotten about the boneshield changes - that makes a lot more sense (though I agree 1 RP/s seems like why even bother? lol)

So if Bloodworms pop for 15% missing health that means that when they auto pop at 50% health they should heal for 7.5% max health, correct? And it's safe to assume you'll probably have a few of the bloodworms around if you've got a decent crit chance so you'll probably heal for 15%/22.5% if you've got two or three, respecitvely. I think i'll have a play with them on live for a few dungeon runs and see how much healing they do and how my rotation feels without Heartbreaker

i thought you could only get one worm up at a time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjaxx View Post

Quote Originally Posted by xpire View Post
    On pure ST fights we will now take Blooddrinker over Heartbreaker. For ST the change to Rapid Decomposition is a buff. 15 RP from HS * 15% would result in 9 RP if you hit HS 4 times while Standing in DND. Spending more than 4 runes for HS on every DND is not possible.
    In AOE situations it is a nerf but RP gen in aoe situations was never a Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    i thought you could only get one worm up at a time
    i have never played with Worms so far. but Worms are 5 rppm.

yeah i tested it today and got a few, would it be viable to go for a little more crit for more auto attack crits if you went worms? r would that just be a waste of stat managing

Bloodworms are probabilty still worse than the other talents in that row, but now they are not as mind-bogglingly awful as they were before, so players who *really* don't want to think about anything at all can take them. Of course, Blood is already one of the most "don't think about anything at all" specs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    On pure ST fights we will now take Blooddrinker over Heartbreaker. For ST the change to Rapid Decomposition is a buff. 15 RP from HS * 15% would result in 9 RP if you hit HS 4 times while Standing in DND. Spending more than 4 runes for HS on every DND is not possible.
    In AOE situations it is a nerf but RP gen in aoe situations was never a Problem.
    Blooddrinker got a Buff, too so yeah that might work! In cleave or aoe situation bonestorm got a huge buff to healing so i will continue using that.
    Bloodworm is 15% of max HP i guess? if its 15% of missing health its not as good imo.

Deleted
    Imho the biggest problem with worms is their randomness. on paper it sounds not too bad having multiple worms up when a big hit / special attack drops you below 50% hp. some worms and a timed DS could heal quite a lot. but they are unreliable. you have no controll over them. they will continue to proc when you are off tanking resulting in a lot over heal. or they will burst before the big hit / special attack.
    if we could controll when they spawn or when they burst it could be a really nice talent.

right now i highly doubt they can compete with blooddrinker in ST fights. in aoe fights we will take heartbreaker as before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beardymess View Post
    Blooddrinker got a Buff, too so yeah that might work! In cleave or aoe situation bonestorm got a huge buff to healing so i will continue using that.
    Bloodworm is 15% of max HP i guess? if its 15% of missing health its not as good imo.
    15% of max HP is a typo in the notes. Its still 15% of missing hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they'll actually net more healing over the course of an average fight. I don't want to use them just because they're braindead and because it's missing health and not max health, but with the nerf to Heartbreaker, I think Bloodworms might be better than an extra DS every 20 Heart Strikes.

Still taking Blooddrinker for ST at least, although for that ability I sure wish it would tick immediately when you activated it instead of waiting for 2/3 of a second or whatever to tick.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Deleted
    With the Buff to Blooddrinker being more massive as expected, Bloodworms will still not be viable in 7.1.5
    They dont scale with AOE so they cant compete with Heartbreaker in aoe.

For ST with Blooddrinker now being able to crit and a shorter channeling time depending on haste Blooddrinker is by far the best ST Talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    With the Buff to Blooddrinker being more massive as expected, Bloodworms will still not be viable in 7.1.5
    They dont scale with AOE so they cant compete with Heartbreaker in aoe.

For ST with Blooddrinker now being able to crit and a shorter channeling time depending on haste Blooddrinker is by far the best ST Talent.
    I love that you've repeated yourself 3x in this thread, and people still dont get it.

Let them take Bloodworms. Makes separating the wheat from the chaff easier.