Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    As we are in insults, I would say that the boy suing for frivolous reasons and for jaw dropping amounts of money mark him as American as apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Ok, first of all, from the picture it sort of looks like it's a giant briefcase that resembles a bomb.

Let's first get a sense of scale, shall we:

in case you're wondering, it's "built" in a child's pencil box smaller than a banana, here is the box itself:
    https://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Lockin.../dp/B001BXZ28K
    Sure, this doesn't dismiss the possibilities of it being a bomb, but I'll touch that later.

Now, what did Ahmed do? Well, he took apart a clock or more and rebuilt it in this box. Why? Well, because he wanted to do a school project and also wanted to see how things work. Sure, he didn't build a clock from scratch, and maybe he's not that smart even. But you can never tell me you never tried to take the easy way for a project or test in school.

So now onto the clock design. It's basically the "guts" of an alarm clock re-connected in a box. Does it look like a bomb? I don't know, I've never seen a bomb except in movies. It sort of looks like one of those briefcase movie bombs, sure. But on the other hand, I know 0 science. And even then, to me it looks like a display tied to a ram stick and some wires. There's no room for the damn explosive itself.
    In that school however, there was at least 1 science teacher. And yet he couldn't tell that he was looking at a disassembled clock in a box? Come on...

Now onto the lawsuit. In general it's the case quite a bit of times that when something like this happens a lawyer approaches you and tries to convince you to sue but give them a part of the winnings. If they're convincing enough, you might do it too. But there's always a case of losing.
    Ahmed himself stated he tied the case shut so that it wouldn't look dangerous (whatever the fuck that means) in a news interview after the event, which has been largely ignored. He knew exactly what he was doing, bringing in a harmless item that people might be threatened by. His father also ran for President of Qatar (which you can't do) and had a history of other weird political stunts.

If this story ended up differently, that the clock was actually a bomb, and people caught wind that device was seen prior to the explosion, everyone who wasn't dead would be unemployed or in jail. Everyone reacted the proper way, other than the liberals who don't believe there is any actual evil in this world (other than President Trump).

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The lawyer probably approached him and did the thing on contingency. The lawyer convinced the family they could win and the family started thinking about what they could do with all that money.
    was that before or after he took a clock out of its case so it would look like a bomb?

Last I heard the family had moved to Qatar. Must be getting money from somewhere to be able to fly back and forth from the Middle East.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Good shit, the little lying piece of shit and his Father deserve nothing. Was simply people trying to play the system by pretending to be a victim.
    Agreed. The whole thing reminded me of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly never looked like a bomb to me. But I've actually seen the inside of my computer on a number of occasions.

I still don't think the kid did it on purpose. He was 14. 14 year olds don't always think the whole thing through. But it's fun to hate on him because his name is Ahmed and he's brown.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It honestly never looked like a bomb to me. But I've actually seen the inside of my computer on a number of occasions.

I still don't think the kid did it on purpose. He was 14. 14 year olds don't always think the whole thing through. But it's fun to hate on him because his name is Ahmed and he's brown.
    If I recall, one of his teachers told him not to bring it. He did anyway. People have to realize, schools have a zero tolerance for this type of shit. They have to. If they let one person do it, they have to let another do it. Then another, then another... it opens a whole can of worms.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-02-05 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the whole situation, I'm pretty darn glad the lawsuit has been dismissed. Doing otherwise would've been to feed on an already fragile relationship between the various US communities.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Ok, first of all, from the picture it sort of looks like it's a giant briefcase that resembles a bomb.

Let's first get a sense of scale, shall we:

in case you're wondering, it's "built" in a child's pencil box smaller than a banana, here is the box itself:
    https://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Lockin.../dp/B001BXZ28K
    Sure, this doesn't dismiss the possibilities of it being a bomb, but I'll touch that later.

Now, what did Ahmed do? Well, he took apart a clock or more and rebuilt it in this box. Why? Well, because he wanted to do a school project and also wanted to see how things work. Sure, he didn't build a clock from scratch, and maybe he's not that smart even. But you can never tell me you never tried to take the easy way for a project or test in school.

So now onto the clock design. It's basically the "guts" of an alarm clock re-connected in a box. Does it look like a bomb? I don't know, I've never seen a bomb except in movies. It sort of looks like one of those briefcase movie bombs, sure. But on the other hand, I know 0 science. And even then, to me it looks like a display tied to a ram stick and some wires. There's no room for the damn explosive itself.
    In that school however, there was at least 1 science teacher. And yet he couldn't tell that he was looking at a disassembled clock in a box? Come on...

Now onto the lawsuit. In general it's the case quite a bit of times that when something like this happens a lawyer approaches you and tries to convince you to sue but give them a part of the winnings. If they're convincing enough, you might do it too. But there's always a case of losing.
    Pretty crazy that it is that small. The media would have you believe it is the size of a briefcase.

Quick question for the Ahmed supporters, what if it had been an actual bomb, but due to the way it was handled, they stopped him from going boom, would you still be calling rasicm/xenophobia ? This is why kids who carry and point guns that look real get shot.

I know he's a kid but that doesn't mean shit, especially since they are used regularly for attacks in the current war. I know damn well had everyone just went "Oh cool a case with a timer on it with exposed wires, nothing to be suspicious about " and the little kid went all allah akbar and blew shit up there would be hell to pay.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Can't believe you guys are still trying to fight this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.