Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Triple support meta is here... I'm not sure if I'm laughing or crying.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    People say new Cho'gall is bad, just check the second game of SPT vs X-team in Chinese HGC. Tychus, Greymane and Kharazim on enemy team and still rolling, thanks to a Medivh and Auriel support though.

Super entertaining series!

The Playoffs begin today to decide the second team to go on to the Brawl.

As in the OP, this is a step ladder format and will play out as follows:

North America
    Friday, May 19
    1) Playvs Team Freedom

Saturday, May 20
    2) Winner of 1 vs Superstars
    3) Winner of 2 vs Team 8

Sunday, May 21
    4) Winner of 3 vs Gale Force eSports

Europe
    Friday, May 19
    1) Playing Ducks vs Tricked esport
    2) Winner of 1 vs Team expert

Saturday, May 20
    3) Winner of 2 vs Team Dignitas

Sunday, May 21
    4) Winner of 3 vs Team Liquid

Korea
    Friday, May 19
    1) MVP Miracle vs GG
    2) Winner of 1 vs Tempest

Saturday, May 20
    3) Winner of 2 vs Mighty

Sunday, May 21
    4) Winner of 3 vs MVP Black

Note that Korea is already happening: https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

- - - Updated - - -

https://gfe.gg/news/post/dbsmileys-hgc-update-5-18-17

Really nice summary of the event with percentages of winning included.
    I am the lucid dream

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedTangibleAnteaterDerp

That was pretty awesome. Also Team Freedom completely donned B-Step and Superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedTangibleAnteaterDerp

That was pretty awesome. Also Team Freedom completely donned B-Step and Superstars.
    Hahaha I loved that!

- - - Updated - - -

Missed it live so watching the Dig vs Team Expert series:

What an opening game!
    I am the lucid dream

15+ Year Old Account
    God, I love Li Li more than anyone else...but GFE threw the draft by picking her. That might as well went Triple support. You don't go Li Li with a single Tyrael as a tank. You have no cc to speak of. How the hell are you going to control the fight?...I can't even say GFE got out drafted. We all knew what Team8 wanted to draft, Anub or Diablo for Justign, Glaurung Medivh, Buds on Malf/Khara/Reghar, Some range/mage character for Prism, and a bruiser for Yoda.

And lets not talk about their throwing late game, they had a punisher...but they get to greedy and end up giving it away. They never knew how to take advantage when they were in the lead and Team8 was great at fighting/stalling when they were behind.

Honestly I wanted Team8 to win vs GFE, GFE has been so off of it. They haven't really have been very good since their first debut and they have been horrible globally. And lets not even talk about GFE's build on Li Li....No Water Dragon? Why the fuck are you taking Li Li with no fucking Water Dragon? Get the fuck off Li Li and let me sub in to show you how to fucking play Li Li, I am sick of pros failing how to play Li Li and making her look bad. /salt
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Still to see the GFE series, but so happy for Dig, the closest thing to a British team - they crushed it
    I am the lucid dream

Great little summary of the teams in the Mid Season Clash: http://us.heroesofthestorm.com/espor...meet-the-teams
    I am the lucid dream

Is there any place where I can quickly browse through the games compositions? I can't be bothered watching all of the games, but if I could have an overview of comps, I could then watch the ones that are interesting to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Is there any place where I can quickly browse through the games compositions? I can't be bothered watching all of the games, but if I could have an overview of comps, I could then watch the ones that are interesting to me.
    https://masterleague.net/

That's perfect, thanks! Wow, Chromie and Morales seeing competitive play? Interesting...

That's perfect, thanks! Wow, Chromie and Morales seeing competitive play? Interesting...
    Chromie sees a decent amount of competitive play in fact. Morales less so.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are welcome. It is the best site there is when it comes to pro-scene.

The Crucible is here this weekend!

The Crucible is a BO7 format that takes the bottom two teams from the HGC and pits them against the top two teams from the Open Division in each region. The winner continues to phase two of the HGC format, this means a pro team could lose their spot in the HGC to an amateur team.

Here are the matchups, with quotes taken from these amazing articles which I'll steal verbatim as I know little of the open division teams:
    http://us.heroesofthestorm.com/espor...t-for-crucible
    http://us.heroesofthestorm.com/espor...ucible-preview

North America

Saturday, May 27th at 12:00 p.m. PDT/9:00 p.m. CET: Imported Support vs Team Naventic

There's been a hell of a lot of drama over Naventic lately, with some saying there's a halfway decent chance they lose their spot in the HGC, definitely one to watch!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    At the beginning of the season, no-one expected to see Naventic in the Crucible, but here we are. Ten weeks have gone by and they have found themselves in last place, having won only two series out of fourteen. In 2016, Naventic won nearly $150,000 in prize money, placed in the top four at nearly every regional event, and played in both the Spring and Summer Championships. Surprisingly, 2017 has not been kind to them, and it’s unclear where the disconnect is for this team of seasoned veterans. Whether it’s draft, or communication, or simply mechanical missteps, one thing is clear: Naventic needs to make a change going forward if they do, in fact, survive the Crucible.

Imported Support are a team of smart players new to the Heroes of the Storm competitive circuit. This best-of-seven against Naventic is the most important match of their young careers thus far. Imported Support are hip to the meta, sticking with tried and true heroes that are currently performing well in the HGC, such as Greymane, Anubarak, and Gul’dan. They are also one of the few Open Division teams that can brag on an undefeated Cho’Gall. Some of their favorite maps include Infernal Shrines, Dragon Shire, and Cursed Hollow, while they struggle the most on Tomb of the Spider Queen.

Sunday, May 28th at at 12:00 p.m. PDT/9:00 p.m. CET: Even in Death vs No Tomorrow

No Tomorrow has had a tumultuous Phase 1. When it comes to teams of similar skill level, they have only managed to narrowly defeat Naventic and Team Freedom in the first ten weeks. However, in Week 7, they punched way above their weight when they defeated Gale Force eSports in a best-of-five. No Tomorrow should look to draft Muradin, as they have a 61% win rate with the hero after playing him in 18 games. This is an astonishing statistic for a team that is currently 3-11.

Even in Death is a scary team that has plenty of experience online and on LAN. Marty ‘Batterry’ Nivinski and Damian ‘FrozenX’ Nagel have played together for some time now, championing the early Astral Authority/Gust or Bust roster of 2016. Even in Death will likely win out on Sky Temple and Battlefield of Eternity – their two best maps. However, they have been struggling on Tomb of the Spider Queen and Tower of Doom in the Open Division. Map bans will be critical for both teams in this series.
    Europe

Bakery from Team Dignitas has said the open division in Europe looks to be the closest in skill level to the bottom teams of the HGC, which would make it the most likely region to have changes!

Saturday, May 27th at 9:00 am PDT/6:00 pm CET: Zealots vs Synergy

Of all the existing HGC teams in the Crucible, Synergy are among the most likely to lose their spot in the HGC. In Phase 1 of the regular season, they only managed to win series against BeGenius. Their opponents have plenty of data to draw on, and will likely fully exploit the weaknesses of Synergy if given the chance. Synergy should avoid Sky Temple at all cost; they’re currently on a 10-game losing streak on the Battleground.

Team Zealot is a hodgepodge of former players from Team Liquid, Natus Vincere, and Team Dignitas. Matic ‘Zarmony’ Mikec competed with Dignitas at BlizzCon 2015, while Francisco Antonio ‘GranPkt’ Núñez Sorribas was a part of the fabled 2015 Team Liquid that went on a year-long tour de force in Europe thanks to the help of now retired brothers Juan ‘VortiX’ Moreno Durán and Pedro ‘LucifroN’ Moreno Durán. With this experience under their belts, Team Zealot are favoured to claim Synergy’s spot in the HGC.

Sunday, May 28th at 9:00 am PDT/6 pm CET: beGenius vs. TGG

This is a tough one. BeGenius seemed to be dead on arrival in the HGC until Week 8, when they made a role swap. This led to upset victories over both Playing Ducks and Tricked esport . While not much can be discerned from their statistics over the first ten weeks, thanks to the number of losses they’ve incurred, we know that they fare the worst on Towers of Doom. Should they ban out this Battleground, they may be able to defend their spot in the HGC against TGG.

TGG is a mystery. They only played together in two Open Division Cups, winning one before moving on to the Open Division Playoffs. They won there in dominant fashion against Team Zealot, 3-1. Obviously, this is a team of talented players with the likes of Kai ‘Antihero’ Oset, Arturs ‘bkbgrnrjefek’ Hlibovs, and Tobias ‘mTwRaiDbawZ’ Podeszwa on the roster. You must wonder, however, with just three public appearances to speak of as a unit, if they have put in enough time to best BeGenius here.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    EU wise: I think TGG underestimated BEG tbh to play vs them.
    I mean , there are 2 ways of looking at this if you are TGG. Either you wanna face the strongest of the bottom 2 and think if you can beat them you earned the spot more then honest - or you try to face the easier team and TGG thinks BEG is easier as an opponent, in which case they might underestimate them. BEG is looking stronger then Synergy last few games they showed.

NA wise: It's hard to predict - I havent followed the open division to be honest , but going up against Naventic - as bad as they've been playing lately - they are very seasoned veterans and this makes it a hard opponent (focus Kenma and maybe they can force a win).

Going up against No Tomorrow also isn't a joke or faceroll. But with TigerJK and Erho clashing so much and on the verge of imploding - there is a reasonable chance of NT getting tilted or ego clashing mid game.

I hope atleast 1 OD team wins from the HGC team and let some fresh blood take the stage next HGC season. And I just want NA to go full NA with roster swaps and drama.

Except for InsomniaQQ_ - thats sour =(

I don't expect Naventic to lose, but god do I want them to.
    I am the lucid dream

From the video Ryme linked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOGufXi2LF8&t=29m43s

LOLed pretty hard.

From the video Ryme linked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOGufXi2LF8&t=29m43s

LOLed pretty hard.
    Hahaha yeah, normally find Zoia annoying but he had me laughing that episode.
    I am the lucid dream

So apparently b-step have disbanded which means that Even in Death can take their spot in HGC if they want.

So apparently b-step have disbanded which means that Even in Death can take their spot in HGC if they want.
    I did not expect that tbh. O.o