Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Dig vs TL was so... lol. Comeback Kings!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do I feel like Even in Death will just lose to the Khroen's open division team?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Updated, I'll try to keep a table updated this phase for EU and NA.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Poor Dignitas, such a rocky start for my boiz in yellow
    I am the lucid dream

Big games this weekend.

On the NA side, the division is extremely tight for those top three spaces and all are playing -

On Friday, No Tomorrow play Naventic. Naventic have yet to win a series this phase and with their recent team changes, which were largely seen as a good move, there seems to be some teething issues still on their side. This should be an easy victory for No Tomorrow.

On Saturday, Roll20 play Team Freedom. This should be a great one to watch, TF are currently leading the NA division but R20 have the man, the myth, the legend, Glaurung shot calling and always hoping to that Medivh game in.

Following that Roll20 play again this time against Tempo Storm. Tempo are just on the tails of Roll20 and will definitely be hoping to take advantage of the fatigue that may be a factor for them going in.

Then Even in Death play Gale Force eSports, much as I love an underdog story, this should be over fairly quickly. EiD are improving and have taken their first map in the pro scene, but they're not really at GFE's level just yet.

Finishing up on Sunday we have Even in Death against No Tomorrow and Superstars against Naventic - both games should be similar to the above, expect quick wins for NT and SSS.

----------------------

On the European side, Fnatic strong off their mid season brawl victory are dominating the EU scene and are already qualified for the Western Clash in August, but the second and third spots are still waiting to be filled.

On Friday, Tricked esport play Team Good Guys. This match should be favoured for Tricked and something they'll be looking to win to get them over Dignitas in the standings. Following directly from this, however is Team Dignitas vs Playing Ducks, which favours Dignitas - though it must be said they've not been looking on form since the Brawl a win or loss here will be pivotal.

On Saturday, Fnatic play Dignitas. THE REMATCH! These two made up the Mid Season Brawl finals and put on a stellar match that could have gone either way, with nothing to lose Fnatic might go one of two ways: Attempt to humiliate or play conservative and hide strats. Either way, not one to miss as Dignitas is hungry, both for leaderboard rank and retribution.

Following this, Zealots play Team Liquid. Despite a very strong showing, Zealots is falling away in the rankings and need to get a victory again soon. Team Liquid have looked very strong this phase though and clearly deserve their current number 2 spot, I expect a Liquid victory here.

To finish us up, on Sunday we have Zealots playing Tricked esport and Team expert playing Team Good Guys. This is a bit of mid table slog and either match could go either way, the rankings are tight in EU at this point too, so all teams will really be looking for a win here.
    I am the lucid dream

15+ Year Old Account
    So I am now cheering for Even in Death now, I made friends with Homicidal on reddit and now part of the fam. Guys we all have to link our powers together and hope Even in Death can beat Naventic. They can do it, I want them to win at least one set!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Roll20 look pretty scary at the moment. You can still see that they're not at EU/KR level of course, but still, they look a whole other level than anything NA has to show.

Also, 5 minute game against GFE on Warhead Junction. They didn't even get heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Roll20 look pretty scary at the moment. You can still see that they're not at EU/KR level of course, but still, they look a whole other level than anything NA has to show.

Also, 5 minute game against GFE on Warhead Junction. They didn't even get heroics.
    I don't want to take anything from Roll20, but regional games are always weird and hard to judge when it comes to global competition.

To me it seems like NA is the only major region that didn't form a regional meta and just play drafts that counter favourite drafts of enemy teams within region or try to copy EU and KR teams. They are not bad, I think NA has gotten better, but I think they need to create their own meta and stabilize their player roles so they can practice more effectively.

I personally think Team Freedom has the biggest potential when it comes to global competition.

Don't get me wrong, they will get stomped by your Fnatic/Dig etc.

I don't think they're the best players NA has to offer, but I believe they have a better understanding of the game than most of NA, see for example them outrotating the 2 globals of GFE in Braxis Holdout.

On that note, GFE's form is quite a sight.A map score of 4-11 in the last 2 weeks.

If there's any NA team I'm rooting for it's definitely R20. But then, I am a little in love with Glaurung.
    I am the lucid dream

fnatic just took a game on Cursed Hollow in 05:39 with Chen, Dehaka, Uther, Morales, and Valla.

- - - Updated - - -

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianIronicHerdSpicyBoy

That series from Tempo against GFE was so crisp. Felt like they were playing against Even in Death or something. There wasn't a single point in the series where GFE were ahead of Tempo.

GFE got absolutely annihilated.

Tempest vs Mighty though. The whole series was superb but that ending. Holy shit.

The 5 players under the Playing Ducks name have not renewed their contracts due to not having been paid for 4 months. They'll be playing as Diamond Skin in this weekend's games.

Reddit thread with collected info: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...renewed_their/

I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Since it really doesn't deserve its own thread - when will we learn about the HotS-related virtual ticket goodies?

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Since it really doesn't deserve its own thread - when will we learn about the HotS-related virtual ticket goodies?
    The best answer I can give you is that we have zero clue.

HGC Crucible starts in 4 hours and 30 minutes as of this post.

- - - Updated - - -

"Glu'ugus!" is definitely the highlight so far. Polska Pamieta played Cho'gall against Diamond Skin. And they won!

What an epic series so far! That boss steal!
    I am the lucid dream