Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    good, now lets hope we can start getting rid of illegals asap as well.
    Where do you think the Mexicans will go if their economy collapses? Canada?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Mexico is also California's biggest export market, but I figure the OP already hates California so won't care.
    Which is why Texas is a perfect example. That bastion of conservativeness relies on Mexico more than you think. It's why you won't find too many politicians as anti Mexico here, or frankly as hostile to immigrants.

Dan Patrick the idiot non withstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Are you under the delusion that the US is not competitive with Mexico? lmao

You are clueless.
    No we aren't other wise we wouldn't be having all these factories shutting down and moving or expanding into Mexico

7+ Year Old Account
    Mexico has been an atrocious neighbor, we may have to punish them if their behavior doesn't improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    it is uncompetitive because we aren't playing on an even playing field
    It is like building a football field on the side of a hill and team USA plays up hill the whole game
    Is that why Republicans are so keen on deregulating everything and paying everyone next to nothing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Mexico has been an atrocious neighbor, we may have to punish them if their behavior doesn't improve.
    Ukraine would like to have a word with you about 'atrocious neighbours'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Which is why Texas is a perfect example. That bastion of conservativeness relies on Mexico more than you think. It's why you won't find too many politicians as anti Mexico here, or frankly as hostile to immigrants.
    Texas relies heavily on Intermodal Trains from Mexico I know that. Union Pacific's Miller Yard takes in Ferromex Trains that pick up all the freight transported from Central America (and some of South America) before shipping their goods to the rest of the States. It's quite a lucrative deal for UP, Ferromex, and the people of Dallas.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2017-01-12 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Wrong Yard Location

Deleted
    Trump just put himself and the country in the position of power when him and Mexico starts their negotiations and that is where you want to be to get the best deal for the country
    Trade and international relations aren't zero-sum games. Mexiko worse off doesn't indicate USA, american workers or anybody for that matter being better off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Texas relies heavily on Intermodal Trains from Mexico I know that. Union Pacific's San Antonio Yard takes in Ferromex Trains that pick up all the freight transported from Central America (and some of South America) before shipping their goods to the rest of the States. It's quite a lucrative deal for UP, Ferromex, and the people of San Antonio.
    Which is why hurting Mexico ultimately hurts the American economy. Most of the complainers don't seem to get how interconnected Mexico and border states are. It's always the freaking non border states.

No we aren't other wise we wouldn't be having all these factories shutting down and moving or expanding into Mexico
    Pretty stupid to blame Mexico, when it is the greedy corporations that decide they want to pay less for labor. But hey, it is typical GOP bs to put the blame where it does not belong, since they are all about big business and corporate interests.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    who in the hell told you life is fair lied to you
    what is unfair is a country that pays it workers one quarter of we do and has fraction of the regulations and expect us to be competitive
    You realize the people paying workers 1/4 of what they should be getting are American companies? Or did that part elude you?
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Which is why hurting Mexico ultimately hurts the American economy. Most of the complainers don't seem to get how interconnected Mexico and border states are. It's always the freaking non border states.
    Well it's like anything else from that crowd -- They only see the tree and not the whole forest. I could only imagine what would happen to those border towns and hell even Dallas or San Antonio if the US took the approach of "We're not gonna deal with them unless it benefits me!" that Trump is quoted as saying per the OP. The amount of job losses just in the transportation sector alone would be astounding -- there's so much shipped back and forth across the border on a daily basis most people don't even realize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I can't wait for the flood of illegal immigrants looking to escape that.

Thats what a wall is for. Duh.

it is uncompetitive because we aren't playing on an even playing field
    It is like building a football field on the side of a hill and team USA plays up hill the whole game
    its uncompetitive because globalization. and soon it will be because automation. the job market in the US will not take those back, and everyone should learn to accept it.

- - - Updated - - -

why has mexico being a bad neighbour? i really want to know
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    why has mexico being a bad neighbour? i really want to know
    To wreak havoc from within. That's why they allow millions of illegal violators to cross the border into the US.

To wreak havoc from within. That's why they allow millions of illegal violators to cross the border into the US.
    Says the person living in land that was forcibly annexed from Mexico.

... you still arent aswering my question.
    Is it the corruption in mexico?
    the drug war?
    the violence?
    all 3 have a root in the US, and the imbecile policy of nixon
    and also, they dont allow people to go illegally to any other country, they leave on themselves, it's not mexico problem if someone goes to another country
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Trump, just put them in the dirt!

Cut and paste from my previous post.

There are other considerations than economy. So far the US have enjoyed having a stable country as its southern neighbor. Although Mexico has benefitted economically from being the US neighbor, it has also paid a hefty price. Mexico has acted as a buffer against all the refugees from Latin America’s countries. Not to mention, the Mexican drug cartels largely exist because of demand from the US and Canada.

Having a destabilized Mexico as the US southern neighbor is not a good thing. The drug traffic coming from Mexico in the US is somewhat curtailed by the Mexican government effort to combat the cartels. If a destabilized Mexican government reduced their effort, or ceased completely, in fighting the cartels, even a 100-foot tall wall at the border is not going to help much. A downturn in the Mexican economy will increase the flow of illegal immigrants into the US. Ultimately, we want a stable Mexico to act as our southern buffer. Some car factories in Mexico is a small price to pay for that.

Let's destroy Mexico's economy so even more people will flood into the US to find work, that'll fix the problem of illegal immigration!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

will Mexico continue to allow their money become worthless out of defiance?
    Why would paying for this wall help them?
    Would the US creat more jobs in Mexico if they did? I doubt that.

They would gain nothing by paying.