Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Help with Kingsbane

Hi

Apparently I havent been using this cd in the correct manner. I compare my dmg with it and its abysmally lower than other rogue´s. I´m using EP/AP build right now. From what I understand you want to envenom either before or after using kingsbane, with rupture and garrote on max. duration, keeping EP up and using envenom as much as you can. Is this correct? Anything I should be doing differently?

Thanks in advance

First things first: How does your mastery rating compare to that of the other Rogues? Makes a MASSIVE difference when it comes to Kingsbane, since it's poison damage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My mastery isnt as it should be, since I have been gearing towards EP, favoring crit. But since the nerf, I have been trying to get my mastery up. What I need to know is the best rotation to follow to max. kingsbane damage.

Make sure vandetta is up. Make sure env/sot is up before using kb. Keep sot/env up during kb via 3+ cp envenom. Profit.

Think ep but green stuff instead of yellow. Just replace ep with sot!env and youll be golden.

Honestly once you pop Kingsbane all you have to focus on is keeping envenom buff up as it's the only one that doesn't have a flat 5 second uptime on use. SOT and EP will be 5 seconds long no matter if you use 1 CP, or 5. Since Envenom does change, as long as you keep envenom buff up, the other two will be up. So once you pop your Kingsbane, focus on keeping that envenom buff up. Envenom gives you a 30% increased chance to apply poisons. More poisons = more kingsbane stacks.

Also, is there a reason you haven't gone MP/vigor/AP yet? You said you're EP/AP, most everyone that had that spec are finding large dps gains going to the new MP/vigor/AP.

One last thing Nirdvandva, depending on what legends they have vs you have, it could skew things majorly for you. I just got the legen bracers on Tuesday and I can attest that it is an insanely huge buff to damage especially with the MP/AP build. I jumped into a heroic Xavius last night to help a guild alt run and my recount recorded a 2.37 million crit tick on him at the end of the fight (bracers buffing my psn damage an extra 30% allowed that)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice Ely, grats on the legendary. Yeah, the only good legendary I got is the boots for assassination, but I just got a second relic to reduce vendeta cd (on the 10 min. break as I write this), so going to sim that and see how it goes. I just switched talents this morning after reading about the about MP going ahead of EP because of the nerf.

Thanks all for the input, going to put it in practice.

if hes running MP, then that by itself makes kingsbane insanely high

you should go MP vigor it's better in almost every gear now unless your mastery is ridiculously low