Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quest lines for professions is on point. But they removed progression of professions and rewards for progressing professions which is why it feels like an afterthought.

How bad are professions? I haven't maxed out either my main professions and that is usually the first thing I do when an expansion launches since WotLK....

Why cant they just go back to Vanilla and TBC style professions? What was so bad about that?
    Yeah, its not innovative but it works for what I want out of it. To make gold.

WoD had the best crafting system, you could use them, and every one had access to them all (or most of them) via garrisons. Just make it so that specializing in one gives more perks than a building can provide and its golden. Legion, i dont even bother, 790ish minning and all nodes are gray, 790ish BS and all plans are gray or green... yeah no thanks.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I am not sure about you guys, but the randomness of earning an additional rank drives me nuts.

Deleted
    Being a NSA spook to surveil MMO forum and manipulate your WoW client to make sure you win if you support the right candidate

Last edited by mmoc646401d6b9; 2017-03-05 at 01:19 PM. Reason: cool emojis

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    In Legion, Blizzard made proffessions...PROFFESSIONS. Meaning you can longer be a casual crafter that occasionaly makes something. You actually have to focus on your crafting if you want to develop it. AH camping, alt gatherers, the works. If you know you cba with this, just get double gathering proffesions.
    Yes, I have to really focus on that crafting to make a shitty 865 piece that you replace in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, I have to really focus on that crafting to make a shitty 865 piece that you replace in LFR.
    Get the idea out of your head that crafted items should be better than raid gear. Crafted items should be ways to fill slots that you have mediocre gear for. Remember the engineering trinket that had 3 cog slots and it's item level was exactly what you needed to get into Heroics? That was a proper crafted item. Did some people immediately replace it with a heroic trinket? Yes. Are you telling me you're mad at getting an upgrade? Gone are the days of Spellfire/Frostweave gear that lasted you through to Tier 6 when the ONLY reason to replace it was the fact it had no stamina and Najentus would one-shot you.

Odd.. I've crafted plenty of gear and got it up to 10/10 level so its 865. True that's not BiS or anything close to it but it helps when you've had no luck getting that piece or 2 that you really need. Also I craft them for transmog as some sets look decent. Then there's the obliterium you get from them along with relics that can sometimes be a pain to get as well. I think between all my characters I'm still equipping at least 20 pieces of crafted gear as I haven't had the luck to replace them yet. It really didn't take too long either, I had blacksmithing, tailoring, leatherworking maxed out or close to it before ToV came out and since I only raided consistently on 1 toon it made getting good gear for alts a lot easier. Also there's a little thing called the Darkmoon Faire that has made it easy to get those last 15 levels for all professions. It means waiting 3 months but once you get to 785/800 you can be maxed out 3 months down the road with no effort.
    Last edited by DarthMonk79; 2017-03-05 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Get the idea out of your head that crafted items should be better than raid gear. Crafted items should be ways to fill slots that you have mediocre gear for. Remember the engineering trinket that had 3 cog slots and it's item level was exactly what you needed to get into Heroics? That was a proper crafted item. Did some people immediately replace it with a heroic trinket? Yes. Are you telling me you're mad at getting an upgrade? Gone are the days of Spellfire/Frostweave gear that lasted you through to Tier 6 when the ONLY reason to replace it was the fact it had no stamina and Najentus would one-shot you.
    Ion, heya, how are you?

How about you getting the idea of crafted items being useless shit out of your head instead?

Why not add a non-raiding character development path? Like maybe *sigh* a special crafting set with its own bonuses for crafters/gatherers? Which, you know, require super mega tons of mats from all of the crafting professions, but will give you a serious bonus when you wear it? Like, imagine getting three star alchemy procs not based on fucking arengee, but based on your effort instead?

Oh wait, I know why. Because why would anyone waste $$$ on development of good old wow when hamsters are happily running the 10xRNG wheel, and will run it no matter what? Exactly.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    There is one thing to make gear that you replace in raids, another is making it so expensive that its not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nope, they actually made it a lottery as everything else in this expansion. Imagine if real life professions worked like this... "Oh sorry Bob you were a surgeon for 10 years but Tom procced his "brain surgery rank 3" on the first year of medical school, now he's more valuable and paid more than you are, but dw, keep at it for another 10 years maaaybe it'll proc"
    This is one of the things which bothers me. The other is the total randomness of stats which you get by crafting.

I would rather spend different additional ingredients to get specific stats instead. Like, we used to have elemental fire materials, which could have been the main ingredient to get crit on your item - elemental water could be used for versatility, elemental air for haste and elemental earth for mastery (and a combination of elemental materials to get 2 different stats). And they could have used BoS (+ basic materials and elemental materials) in increasing amounts to upgrade the items in their item levels, and ignore the whole obliterium bullshit.

But no, they rather go for a fucking RNG system. As if a master crafter would not know what result he would get after crafting. Let's see, I take exactly the same materials, but get something different every time. This is not mastery. This is madness.

Edit: When I was playing LOTRO I was very happy with the crafting system. It could be as good as raid gear, it had interesting looks, and you even got your legendary weapons from crafting! Yeah, LOTRO had legendary weapons since the MORIA addon, which is quite old. And WoW managed to make a bad copy out of it.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-05-08 at 12:31 PM.

Doubt much will change. Some interesting quests but 99% of the crafted items are absolute garbage and pointless. No reason to even have a profession unless you're going for the achievements.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, to the point of BoP recipes from raids, i totally agree. I also agree that i would love profession perks to come back, that shit was awesome, a dope enchant for bracers etc. Recipes that were not from raid, that provided BiS gear (frost fire/shadow weave) were simply too OP for what they were. They weren't very expensive (on my server at least) and most casters just opted out of replacing a lot of the gear from raids (which made blizzards raid gear irrelevant). Something a lot of people also dont realize about those early days of TBC (T4 & T5) was the fact that weapons were EXTREMELY limited from raids due to the fact that there were a ton of insane weapons you could craft. I dont remember where i saw the article, considering it was like 8 years ago at this point, but that was one of the big deciding factors for the devs not exploring that option of gearing more into the future.

Also, a lot of people need to realize back in those days gear didnt have an "ilvl" so gear scaled so slow, so stuff like devilsaur gear in Vanilla was viable until BWL/R10 set/AQ40 gear because the stats were absolutely incredible. Thats not how the game progresses anymore, after gear-score and the 2 difficulty versions being added in ToC, gear scaled so much slower. Look at how minimal the upgrades from Naxx 25 to Ulduar 25 was, a lot the gear was literally barely an upgrade until you got to the hardmode gear, i believe in Naxx they did the first real stat allocations as well. Add on top of this LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic, there was literally now way other than the obliterum system or cogs in WoD to keep crafted gear in progression. I mean, WoD had a crafted trinket that was BiS for rogues in HFC Mythic, so to say crafted gear hasn't been good since TBC is nonsensical.

If they want to make professions something people really want, add the old system back where you got perks per profession, and make them equal to each other so everyone doesnt roll LW/Engi. This doesn't seem totally out of the realm of possibilities, since a couple months back the devs said that they wanted to bring back class buffs to help cut down on raid stacking, each class would get its own specific buff like in the Cata/MoP days, which was a super good system. I think Ion said "it should feel good to bring individual classes to your raid, you should feel shoehorned into bring 5 shadow priests for AoE, were a long way from how it was in Sunwell (bring only resto shamans because of chain heal) and classes could use this identity back". Not an exact qiote but right in line with it, so there is hope for professions too.

Also, bring back gem slots baseline in items and enchants to almost every slot, why the fuck is that gone anyways, stupidest shit ever to get rid of.

7+ Year Old Account

Horde

They should make it so we can have all the Crafting professions on ONE character would cost a high amount of gold to do so but you can not have gathering on that character if you do so and on ALTS you can have gathering ones wouldn't this kind of make sense?
    Last edited by Dartz1979; 2017-05-19 at 04:25 PM.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Terrible idea. Some people don't have alts.

IMO armor professions as a whole lost their luster not because they suck, but because there're tons of other roads to go down for gear that're better worth our time.

The time I spend farming and learning a good BS recipe is (more often than not) much greater than farming keystons and WQs. Crazy idea, but I think armor crafting professions can put more emphasis on the transmog side of things. I'll probably talk about this at length at some point, but that's pretty much the intent.

All they have to do is make raids drop mats instead of items, so we still have to raid to get gear, but that gear is made through professions, everything is useful, everybody is happy, thank you blizzard you can take my idea for free

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Blizzard never ceases to amaze me with how badly they bungle things that they already perfected (or at least, if not perfect, had well in hand.)

Crafting is a perfect example.

in TBC, Crafting was useful, non-mandatory, but very useful (particularly to fill certain slots). The items were powerful, lasted a long time, but were time consuming to make and the really, really powerful ones were BoP.

Every expansion after that they've gone downhill. Theyve basically thrown away a perfectly good system and replaced it with a non-functional one.

There are other examples (finally nailing PvP gear in WoD (not the entire PvP system, but the way the gear worked, scaling lower in PvE and higher in PvP), but professions are a prime example.

Blizzard needs to get over this change for the sake of change shit.

You pretty much said it all.

They're not listening to their player base and haven't been since Cata.

The game has been steadily going downhill since Cata.

When they've done Q&A's since Cata, a lot of noise comes out of their mouths, but nothing of merit or intelligence is spoken - it's rather like listening to politicians talk; verbal diarrhea at best.

The dwindling player base is so drastic that they stopped releasing sub numbers after MoP's release - presumably out of embarrassment.

What's wrong with this picture?

If it was YOUR business, wouldn't you want to win back your customers? Wouldn't YOU want to do everything possible to fix things?

Not Blizz, apparently. Their customers (that's you and me, btw) simply don't matter anymore.

We've become the ants they like to burn with a magnifying glass just for kicks.
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Terrible idea. Some people don't have alts.
    No.. That person stopped playing years ago..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I think WoD did one big thing right with professions, good crafted gear that is competitive enough to be worth crafting.
    That was achieved by having the equip limit so you didn't go all crafted.
    The removal of that limit means to prevent going all crafted and avoiding gear acquisition from content, it now isn't competitive.
    This.

It would be interesting to see a system whereby a sort of multi-tiered material might drop semi-frequently from virtually any end-game content (Dungeon, Raid, Arena, RBG, etc.), which could then scale directly with the difficulty of the content it was obtained from. This would ensure that it would be more expensive and more difficult to craft 910+ gear, as opposed to say 855+'s, but also more rewarding.

As well, this would make gearing after the initial 6-8 weeks of a raid slowly begin to ramp up by virtue of those materials hitting the market fast as more guilds switch from progression to farm.