Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Snowden won't come home because he won't be given an actual trial. He knows he'll be set up in some bullshit kangaroo court with no chance to plead his case.

He's admitted that he'll gladly come home, face trial, and even be convicted. He just won't get his fair day in court as opposed to basically a no visibility military tribunal.

I don't believe him, or anything he says.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I don't believe him, or anything he says.
    He's been begging for a court date since he fled. He just won't get it because of shit he could reveal on the stand. He's admitted to withholding a lot of other shit. The government knows that so they're giving him the options of remain a fugitive or face kangaroo court.

Both sides are playing political chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm not sure what you think the NSA actually does, but stopping shootings isn't actually on their priority list. Even if they somehow KNEW it was going to happen, If the way they obtained that information was illegal, they probably wouldn't have been able to do anything about it without risking exposing themselves so they probably wouldn't do anything about it. If they find actual terrorist connections, they can deem the entire thing classified and no one knows how they got the information.

Snowden has offered to come back for a public trial.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, but you believe the government who lied about spying on everyone? What the fuck? You know there's only been one side consistently telling the truth here, right?
    Lied about spying? It was right there in the patriot act for everyone to see. If you were or are against it vote that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, tell me where in the patriot act it says they can spy on innocent civilians with zero justification.
    If you don't want to read it, i'm not going to go read it for you. You're not going to change my mind, and I don't even care about trying to change yours.

These are the reasons we vote. If you vote for candidates who support it, you support it by default. Snowden had other avenues to express his concerns. He could have complained to congress. He could have run for office himself.

He didn't' have to expose our secrets on the internet, and tell our enemies how to circumvent surveillance.

Please, tell me where in the patriot act it says they can spy on innocent civilians with zero justification.
    The act did give rather broad authority to spy on civilians. That is well known.

Honestly though, any answer given to you regarding this you would disregard. While I don't personally agree with the act at all, it did give a great deal of power.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

8 more days including today, inauguration is on the 20th.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

An actual source that it says what he is claiming would be a good enough answer. But yeah, go ahead assume I would disregard actual evidence rather than give it. Maybe I misunderstand the act, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't cover unjustified surveillance and collecting data on innocent civilians.
    It gave very broad authority. They could justify anything, which was the problem with the act.

The act removed the requirement that the government prove surveillance is justified.

Hell, it flat out gave law enforcement the authority to search a home or business without consent.

Its not like information regarding this act is secret. My source is the act itself.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I disagree with Obama politically but, come on. His love of country is no lesser than any other person's. He doesn't want to say fuck us, imo.
    Maybe not, but the poster you quoted would.

Sure let the traitor out. In fact, let's make very small prison sentences for anyone who wants to betray their country and report classified information. Manning was made an example. If you have no consequences for your actions, more people will start betraying their countries and want a slap on the wrist.

Snowden is a coward. He is an attention seeker who knows the government would never give him a public trial, even asking for it is erroneous.

Manning and Snowden are heroes.

They are criminals, but they are still heroes.

That is what whistleblowers do...they break the law in many instances to bring truth to light.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This would really piss off a lot of people, but I'm all for it. He released information that clearly showed wrongdoing, and was treated horrifically.
    The leaks also contained the names, tribes and families of hundreds of Afghan informants, whom the Taliban then targeted. So she is directly responsible for more deaths than Dylann Roof. But you don't care about them of course.

I should fucking hope so. Manning's sentence is a travesty of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Lets get really now, a pardon for Snowden first.
    I don't know why you'd put it in that order considering Manning is in prison and Snowden is still on the lam.

But I'd support pardons for both of them, and god forbid, maybe amend or replace that atrocious Espionage Act to protect whistleblowers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There's a pretty common thread through all of this that muslims aren't really citizens the way other people are.
    No TRUE Scotsman would've committed those crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    London (AFP) - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will agree to be extradited to the United States if President Barack Obama grants clemency to the former US soldier Chelsea Manning, jailed for leaking documents, the company said on Thursday.

"If Obama grants Manning clemency Assange will agree to US extradition despite clear unconstitutionality of DoJ (US Department of Justice) case," WikiLeaks wrote on Twitter.

Assange has been living in the Ecuadoran embassy in London since June 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden to face sexual assault allegations.

The Australian former computer hacker said he fears Stockholm will in turn extradite him to the US, where he angered Washington over WikiLeaks' publication of thousands of US military and diplomatic documents leaked by former US soldier Manning.

Manning is currently serving a 35-year sentence in solitary confinement for handing over the 700,000 sensitive documents from the US State Department.

Supporters of the transgender soldier are putting their hopes in a pardon by Obama before he leaves office later this month, although the White House has said the president will not be granting her clemency.

Manning has already made two suicide attempts and currently has an appeal pending before a military court.

Washington has maintained the threat of prosecuting Assange over the 2010 leak, though no charges have been filed.

WikiLeaks' post on Twitter was accompanied by a letter addressed to US Attorney General Loretta Lynch, in which Assange's lawyer Barry Pollack argues there is no legitimate basis for continuing the investigation into the WikiLeaks founder.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/assange-a...222625053.html
    Please do it.

And then extradite him to Sweden lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I had a chuckle at how that tweet managed to offend somone who considered it racist.
    Holy crap. That Aura Bogado is batshit insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manning deserves nothing less than to make big rocks into little rocks in Kansas for the rest of his/her life.