Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I've asked my guild to public log but they still don't want to. Their reasoning is that it promotes individual decision-making at the expense of the group.
    LOL. Fair enough. I've raided in guilds ranked world ~200 and all logs were public. I joined a guild at the start of Legion who were ranked about world 500th and they made a big point that all logs had to be private because they didn't want others stealing their strats/checking the logs. I stopped raiding with them very shortly after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    LOL. Fair enough. I've raided in guilds ranked world ~200 and all logs were public. I joined a guild at the start of Legion who were ranked about world 500th and they made a big point that all logs had to be private because they didn't want others stealing their strats/checking the logs. I stopped raiding with them very shortly after.
    Yeah same. I raided with AK previously and all logs were public after the first kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Elune boots' effect should be baseline.
    Well there's a perfect spot on the trait tree called Touch of the Shit that could be replaced with literally anything at this point. Would be nice if it made Barkskin worth a damn at least... Still in shock they buffed W&W within a few days of it going live, but TotS is still liquid diarrhea.

I've asked my guild to public log but they still don't want to. Their reasoning is that it promotes individual decision-making at the expense of the group.
    ??? Individual decision-making on the part of people NOT in your raid? Who cares about randos?

I'll never really understand the point of private logs, granted I've never been in a super hardcore guild.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ??? Individual decision-making on the part of people NOT in your raid? Who cares about randos?

I'll never really understand the point of private logs, granted I've never been in a super hardcore guild.
    No, individual decision-making on the part of raid members - it's a common thing I've seen in guilds before actually. Usually (I don't know about current sites tbf), private logs aren't ranked. Basically the thought process is if logs are public, people will try to parse (make decisions that benefit themselves, even if it hurts the group), by keeping them private, parses aren't a thing, so people will focus more on actually contributing in a meaningful way as opposed to just trying to parse. At least that's the theory behind it.

I find it a bit odd you lumped together parsing 90+ percentile and doing shitty mechanics. You're not getting a 90+ parse soaking the farthest swirly on Krosus or out of the way cakes on Trilliax, and other specs can do those things anyways without completing tanking their DPS like Moonkins. So all we're left with is healing people when they're out of range of healers, which is ultimately just an organization issue

Standard deviation of specs on a given fight has more inputs than just ST/AoE DPS balance. There's a plethora of other inputs that go into that, so it's not a valid proxy for spec balance.

If my mythic logs were public then you could test that hypothesis.

Don't need your logs with the plethora of data available its not to hard to pull a hypothesis from the given data set of thousands of parses. unless you have found a way, a rotation, a style of doing damage that no other moonkin has, your logs are going to support the already overwhelming hypothesis already published.

- - - Updated - - -

it also promotes poaching.
    even with my "meh" healing logs i get approached all the time from other guilds trying to recruit because of the logs they saw. i can only imagine when playing at a higher level

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I find it a bit odd you lumped together parsing 90+ percentile and doing shitty mechanics. You're not getting a 90+ parse soaking the farthest swirly on Krosus or out of the way cakes on Trilliax, and other specs can do those things anyways without completing tanking their DPS like Moonkins. So all we're left with is healing people when they're out of range of healers, which is ultimately just an organization issue
    or the one i find the best

killing a 6 minute boss in 3m 25s....and getting that 99% parse, they saying the spec is fine on that fight cause you got 99%

Quote Originally Posted by kosars View Post
    No, individual decision-making on the part of raid members - it's a common thing I've seen in guilds before actually. Usually (I don't know about current sites tbf), private logs aren't ranked. Basically the thought process is if logs are public, people will try to parse (make decisions that benefit themselves, even if it hurts the group), by keeping them private, parses aren't a thing, so people will focus more on actually contributing in a meaningful way as opposed to just trying to parse. At least that's the theory behind it.
    Except you can just look at your DPS and compare that to the upper percentiles and pseudo-rank yourself that way. The ONLY thing keeping your logs private is if you're doing something you don't want other guilds to know about. It's not like a private parse keeps your log private from YOU. Even if it did, oh hi Details/Skada/etc Damage Meter addon.

Unless you're in the World First race (or the lesser known Server First race), there's no logical reason to actually hide parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Top parses are bullshit anyway. Below parse was with SL, SOTF, ShS, SD, and no, we didn't get a thousand adds anyway, but I did still Starfall them.
    (this isn't bragging because I really don't give a fuck, this is just raw proof that top parses mean fuckall. Granted, since I got this parse, it's dropped to over 300 anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    killing a 6 minute boss in 3m 25s....and getting that 99% parse, they saying the spec is fine on that fight cause you got 99%
    Boomkin is totally fine... on a fight where you can cheese your DPS by killing adds.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-05-22 at 06:34 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

By individual decision making - I presume their RL/GM doesn't want people doing scumbag tactics (spawning extra adds, meter padding, standing in fire to get that extra cast off) to get high parses for bragging rights.

They want to avoid this so keep them private. If it was in that guild I would prefer it if the RL/GM making that call treated the raiders as respectable adults and trusted them not to do this.

As Polar said though - a lot of top parses are bullshit and require exact kill times or padding/poor raid teams. I'll get higher parses in pugs where people do low add damage compared to a guild clear where the adds die super fast. The guild kill will probably be a lot cleaner and smoother however my parse will look average.

By individual decision making - I presume their RL/GM doesn't want people doing scumbag tactics (spawning extra adds, meter padding, standing in fire to get that extra cast off) to get high parses for bragging rights.

They want to avoid this so keep them private. If it was in that guild I would prefer it if the RL/GM making that call treated the raiders as respectable adults and trusted them not to do this.
    Again though, with a little bit of work, you can find out your parse. It's not hard.

As Polar said though - a lot of top parses are bullshit and require exact kill times or padding/poor raid teams. I'll get higher parses in pugs where people do low add damage compared to a guild clear where the adds die super fast. The guild kill will probably be a lot cleaner and smoother however my parse will look average.
    I'd honestly be glad for them to just do away with parses because they don't mean shit yet everyone seems to care about them.

"Oh you got #1 damage on a boss 3 expansions ago because you killed it RIGHT as your last cooldown/lust/potion expired and your entire raid didn't DPS the adds so you could? Cool story bro. Literally no one cares, probably not even yourself."

It's still a good way for an at-a-glance comparison to distinguish players when recruiting.

e.g. If a player has an average best parse of 90 but then his median is 50. It probably means they die often or aren't a consistent raider.

Also helps when everyone is stuck on the same progression e.g. 2 months ago the brick wall of a lot of players being on 3/10M and needing to recruit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Private logs still have a rankings tab that reports where you would have ranked had the log been public.

Someone with balance as OS (mostly running it when we are too many healers in raids).
    Have IFE right now, what should I aim for with nethershards? What I can see head is still BIS?
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Running balance as OS you might struggle to optimize use of ED, also running it as OS you might want to try your luck on a pair of good trinkets if you lack em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    Someone with balance as OS (mostly running it when we are too many healers in raids).
    Have IFE right now, what should I aim for with nethershards? What I can see head is still BIS?
    I would try to get the shoulders or the bracers, in preparation for Tomb.

It's that time again team. I'll be looking at the 7.2.5 Legendary Comparisons and Ranking today, with relics to come in a subsequent post. Note that this analysis is quite long, to check for robustness in the results.

-Snip-
    How does KJ trinket compare to the others, right now i run OI/KJ but also have Eko and Cynd.

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Running balance as OS you might struggle to optimize use of ED, also running it as OS you might want to try your luck on a pair of good trinkets if you lack em.
    Why would I struggle with use of ED? Cuase of haste? I can without a bigger problem (change 1 item) get the 31% haste or what it is (cant remeber the cap in my head right now)
    As for trinkets, i have 880 Whisper, 885 Metromanic or what its called and a 895 Fury of the Burning Sky (bota trinket) (cant access game right now so not 100% sure on the names, but ilvl I know)
    So I have decent trinkets

I would try to get the shoulders or the bracers, in preparation for Tomb.
    Why that? What does change in tombs and/or around there? I have read on discord that ED is best, but its so small so its not worth the risk right now, also that the ED change is both + and -, so is the head still bis just that shoulders and/or bracers is easier to play with? Or im missing some change?

Just wanna know why I love to know why.. haha
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Why that? What does change in tombs and/or around there? I have read on discord that ED is best, but its so small so its not worth the risk right now, also that the ED change is both + and -, so is the head still bis just that shoulders and/or bracers is easier to play with? Or im missing some change?

Just wanna know why I love to know why.. haha
    The problem with ED is that it's a marginal gain over IFE+OI+6P (2P T19 and 4P T20), and fucking it up even once (losing ED buff at ALL in the new patch) is a DPS loss. The gain isn't worth the risk unless you really enjoy Surgeweaving. Plus, the more mobs that spawn on a fight (the closer to cleave/AoE a fight gets) the worse and worse ED becomes.

OI (bracer) is ALWAYS a good pick. AoE, ST, Cleave, whatever, OI will never let you down. It's solid and works in any build/any fight. It's never BEST in any of them, but it's always a top 3 pick. (while I'm at it, IFE is also like this. IFE is only bad on fights where you wouldn't get at least 1 extra CA/INC out of it)

LATC (shoulders) are great for AoE/fights where you aren't Starsurging as much (since 2P T19 is a buff to Starsurge/ST) since it's a tier piece.
    That said, I'm a bit biased against LATC only because it's a tier piece and I'll probably be running SOTA+IFE+6P for pretty much every fight but that's just me.

3 pages ago, Slippy posted this picture that shows ED is a VERY marginal gain (when done perfectly) over IFE+OI+6P. A 15k gain for a potential HUGE risk is not worth it in my eyes.

Hows that sim counting set bonus ilvl? I guess you need high tf on old set to be able to get those numbers? I mean, easier to get non-set peice high ilvl in tombs.

I mean then, the dps gap is abit more. But I understand that losing the ed buff will be a lose.

Hows that sim counting set bonus ilvl? I guess you need high tf on old set to be able to get those numbers? I mean, easier to get non-set peice high ilvl in tombs.

I mean then, the dps gap is abit more. But I understand that losing the ed buff will be a lose.
    T19 set pieces were 910.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    T19 set pieces were 910.
    ^, and even dropping 5-10 iLvls probs doesn't matter too much considering it's using Cloak/Shoulder (low budget items)