Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do any of you have anxiety problems?

I've had normal anxiety on and off my whole life, but lately I feel like it has become crippling. I've developed some health problems, such as tinnitus. I just recently had a close friend pass away as well, and they had an open casket for him which kind of messed me up more than I thought it would. Now I feel like my anxiety has become almost crippling, which sort of causes a vicious cycle. The anxiety just seems to collapse on itself and cause even more.

Deleted
    did you mess with the corpse?

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    did you mess with the corpse?
    No

10 characters

Should probably talk to a psychiatrist or something. Venting or just posting a blog-like post could be good to just get it all out there but if it's as bad as you say, you're better off getting proper treatment.

I suffer from severe anxiety everyday

I had pretty severe social anxiety which ended up causing me to drop out of college. Got into therapy and with support from my parents I was able to move past it, go back to school, and get on with my life.

If you're dealing with serious anxiety you need to go see a therapist and let your family know what's going on so they can help and support you.

The only thing more crippling than anxiety is the number of people who treat it as a non-issue and that people like OP need to just "get over it".
    I'm sure we'll get a "get over it" post before we reach page 2.

I don't have anxiety OP, but I've dealt with mental health complications my whole life (not my own) and it's the invisible killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    PTSD from 11 months in Iraq. Anxiety is the least of my issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    I regularly suffered from Insomnia up against 72 hours in a row due to Anxiety making me unable to relax enough to sleep.

So, yes. My solution has been Therapy, Coding a lot, Listening to a lot of Metal, Heavy metal, Trash metal. It helps me to calm down, the harder the better.
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2017-01-14 at 07:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes i get nervous about thinks or worried about the future. but then i will just watch a tv show and not think about it anymore until i wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat pile.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The only thing more crippling than anxiety is the number of people who treat it as a non-issue and that people like OP need to just "get over it".

I don't have anxiety OP, but I've dealt with mental health complications my whole life (not my own) and it's the invisible killer.

Yeah, I never really considered it as a big problem until I experienced real anxiety myself. The kind that makes you want to sleep for the entire day and hope that it's gone when you wake up. Do you treat people for it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I had pretty severe social anxiety which ended up causing me to drop out of college. Got into therapy and with support from my parents I was able to move past it, go back to school, and get on with my life.

If you're dealing with serious anxiety you need to go see a therapist and let your family know what's going on so they can help and support you.
    I'm glad you were able to move past it. I also failed some college courses because of it, and my parents thought it was because of "those damn video games."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    sometimes i get nervous about thinks or worried about the future. but then i will just watch a tv show and not think about it anymore until i wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat pile.
    Worrying about the future is a pretty big issue with anxiety I've noticed.

10+ Year Old Account

The only thing more crippling than anxiety are the fucking fakers who complain about having anxiety either for attention, or for the most absolute BS of reasons. It seems all the rage now a days to claim you have anxiety or PTSD, and it really takes away the severity of those who actually suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well there are 2 types of anxiety and they really have different treatments, so step 1 would be figuring out which of the 2 you have. Is it just general anxiety (feeling worried all the time even if there's no good reason to be), or social anxiety? There's medication that's supposed to help general anxiety. From people I know with it and that took the medication, it helped tone it down some. Social anxiety has meds too but I don't think those do or would help with that much. For social anxiety, a psychiatrist or therapist can help with that. Social anxiety is a tough one I think because it's really difficult to change that hardwiring in the brain for people affected with it. But if you're really introspective you'll probably find a cause in your past for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Yeah, I never really considered it as a big problem until I experienced real anxiety myself. The kind that makes you want to sleep for the entire day and hope that it's gone when you wake up. Do you treat people for it?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad you were able to move past it. I also failed some college courses because of it, and my parents thought it was because of "those damn video games."
    Yes there is treatment for it. Yes there are ways to make you feel alive again. The right medication, coupled with self-improvement standards and confidence + body positivity will help you tremendously.

Luckily for you, you're hot on the heels of the liberal social shift where mental health is actually being looked at as a serious thing and help is becoming more widespread and more readily accessible. If only my biological dad had such options in the 80s

No, but my mother had it severe (rough childhood memories ). Thankfully she is now on medication that is covered through her most recent insurance.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post

- - - Updated - - -

probably your parents are right. Most pscychosomatic illnesses come from too little outdoor activity. Put on your touring skis, and take a 5 hour ski hiking trip in the mountains. Thats what i am doing today.

Staying in the "ohh i have anxiety problems" victim role, blaming all your life fails / shortcomings on it won t help, it will make yourself even worse in a spiral of anxiety to avoidness to even more anxiety... fuck that.

go out enjoy a hike or walk in the snow, and think about how stupid it is to post about your personal problems to random strangers on the internet, they wont help you at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not anymore. There was a time in my life when I did but fortunately things changed and I no longer worry about any of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Well there are 2 types of anxiety and they really have different treatments, so step 1 would be figuring out which of the 2 you have. Is it just general anxiety (feeling worried all the time even if there's no good reason to be), or social anxiety? There's medication that's supposed to help general anxiety. From people I know with it and that took the medication, it helped tone it down some. Social anxiety has meds too but I don't think those do or would help with that much. For social anxiety, a psychiatrist or therapist can help with that. Social anxiety is a tough one I think because it's really difficult to change that hardwiring in the brain for people affected with it. But if you're really introspective you'll probably find a cause in your past for it.
    There are more than 2 types of anxiety. It manifests into many different forms. PTSD, Agoraphobia, OCD, GAD, panic attacks..

Yes there is treatment for it. Yes there are ways to make you feel alive again. The right medication, coupled with self-improvement standards and confidence + body positivity will help you tremendously.

Luckily for you, you're hot on the heels of the liberal social shift where mental health is actually being looked at as a serious thing and help is becoming more widespread and more readily accessible. If only my biological dad had such options in the 80s
    I'm definitely no expert in it, so I was wondering if you think internet use and technology in general contributes to it? Like how we can google symptoms and trick ourselves into thinking we have a more serious condition.

And thanks for the advice. Like you said, people would always tell me it's a passing thing so I never really went to any professionals for it. I'm pretty sure I have mild OCD and I'm always afraid it will morph into something really serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    probably your parents are right. Most pscychosomatic illnesses come from too little outdoor activity. Put on your touring skis, and take a 5 hour ski hiking trip in the mountains. Thats what i am doing today.

Staying in the "ohh i have anxiety problems" victim role, blaming all your life fails / shortcomings on it won t help, it will make yourself even worse in a spiral of anxiety to avoidness to even more anxiety... fuck that.

go out enjoy a hike or walk in the snow, and think about how stupid it is to post about your personal problems to random strangers on the internet, they wont help you at all.
    I feel like I became addicted to video games because it was a way of escaping the world, similar to how going skiing might be. But yeah, the games aren't helping with the physical aspect at all.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2017-01-14 at 08:04 AM.