Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What MMORPG are you playing?

Just curious whatever MMO's you all are playing. I really enjoyed Legion, but after getting into and raiding Mythic content again...I realized it wasn't for me anymore. FFXIV is cool, but it's in that period between expansions....I really hoping for Samurai! Just wondering other mmos to check out, I'm really pve oriented, but wouldn't some pvp action. Thanks!

Mostly Old School Runescape (RS07) and considering resubbing to FFXIV.

Kinda not playing anything really.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm not playing any MMORPG as defined by the technical term, but I am playing Pokemon Sun, which actually is quite close (Pokemon has been incorporating heavy doses of MMORPG in it's endgame and online components in Gen 4 and ever increasingly so since then). Not only is trading required to complete the game (for the Pokedex), it's also required to succeed in the endgame, as you'll need access to Pokemon with abilities, movesets, and natures you don't have. Plus, some important Pokemon for the endgame are only available via trading. Furthermore, you need to participate in multiplayer to gain access to certain benefits, such as being able to buy performance-enhancing-drugs to alter the IVs of your Pokemon, or mundane things like potions.

Finally, there is the endgame itself: PvE and PvP. PvE wise, you can either fight by yourself, or you can (preferably, as it's far more challenging and more entertaining) team up with another player and battle endlessly against ever increasingly smart AI teams, with escalating rewards. PvP wise, you have three options: 1. official ranked competitive, where you'll hardly get to use your favorite team effectively since everybody's cheesing it with pseudo-legendaries and the same tried-and-true strategies since gen 4; 2. you can challenge people going by unofficial Smogon rules, which make for more interesting battles, but the lack of a proper matchmaking system will make it tedious, or 3. read up on next month's upcoming battle week hosted by the Pokemon company on official servers, where a special ruleset is created to shake up the meta (usually restricting Pokemon you can use to a certain theme), giving you time and incentive to acquire Pokemon you would never normally consider, train them, and create an actually viable (viable for that ruleset) strategy with them, and be rewarded with points with which you can buff up your favorite Pokemon.

mostly ESO with a side of WoW nowadays. I log into GW2 and Secret world here and there, but on daily basis? mainly ESO (trying to mob up some of the achivements that I'm missing and still need to buy houses I want, not to mention the whole saving up gold to buy those houses :P ) and just trying to get pathfinder done in Legion, at which point I'll take a break from that again, until 7.2 (yes, flying is THAT important for my sense of fun in WoW)

just wow but its boring , only reason i am playing and raiding is cause my gf likes wow , so i raid 3 days a week with her

GW2 and FF14. Not really playing much these days.

Right now...

Dropping FFXIV from my rotation and working ESO, STO, and TSW back into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dropped WoW and I've been back to FFXIV for about a week or so. A lot of good coming from the new patch tomorrow, but this 24 hour maintenance always sucks.

Any of the big names are fun up to a point depending on what you're looking for in the game. Gw2, swtor, wildstar, eso, etc etc all offer different things.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Legion off and on. Occasionally I hop on ESO on Xbox when I want a couch MMO experience.

Been itching to go back to Rift, they had a few really unique class mechanics I miss like the Bard and such. Also been tempted to go back to EQ1 and just re-explore some zones.

Waiting for Crowfall's kickstarter beta.

Have WoW and FFXIV subbed, as well as SW:ToR to get the most recent expansion. Playing all three of them, but mostly SW:ToR and FFXIV right now. Also have TSW, ESO, and TERA installed and play them sporadically.

What's ESO like? I'm thinking about trying it out or TSW

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Legion, but not much tbh
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Just Blade & Soul atm. Collecting those costumes are addicting. Otherwise too busy catching up on my backlog from the PS3/PS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Mostly Old School Runescape (RS07) and considering resubbing to FFXIV.

Kinda not playing anything really.
    Was thinking of going back to OSRS, but I bought my way through all the quests and stuff - my char feels like a joke.

Made an Ironman but cbz doing it all over again.

Now with OSbuddy 3.0, maybe... maybe...
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Mostly Star Wars: The Old Republic. But I did all the main content and am just on daily/farm stuff every so often.

I have been craving a solid MMORPG lately and am considering either Rift, Everquest 2 or FF14. I have the urge to level from 1 to endgame in a traditional MMO (not action combat). Haven't what I want to do yet. FF14 is the most distant option for me though- I didn't like the class/profession gameplay all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Was thinking of going back to OSRS, but I bought my way through all the quests and stuff - my char feels like a joke.

Made an Ironman but cbz doing it all over again.

Now with OSbuddy 3.0, maybe... maybe...
    I bought some gold (legit via jagex/tokens) and I don't mind it. Going got a little bit to get me started. Sucks I can't trade over my RS3 gear/gold, I won't be returning to RS3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Mostly Star Wars: The Old Republic. But I did all the main content and am just on daily/farm stuff every so often.

I have been craving a solid MMORPG lately and am considering either Rift, Everquest 2 or FF14. I have the urge to level from 1 to endgame in a traditional MMO (not action combat). Haven't what I want to do yet. FF14 is the most distant option for me though- I didn't like the class/profession gameplay all that much.
    Please don't play rift, its a p2w shitfest. All other options are better then rift.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

- GW2 (got expansion on discount a month ago)
    - TSW whenever the fancy hits me
    - WoW (one of the good versions... not the Loot simulator)

Just WoW for now. A couple friends came back so getting them back in the swing of things is fun.
    Resubbed to FFXIV but only played for a couple days.
    Been feeling nostalgic and wanting to try Runescape again, but can't decide between OS and RS3.
    Considering Maplestory with the 5th jobs released, but can't pick between reboot or regular servers; also keeping an eye on Maplestory 2.

WoW, first and foremost, though I dip into Wildstar every now and then.