Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I simmed both Star Gate (875) and Pharamere's (875) in single target and multiple (3) encounters and my Unstable Arcanocrystal 865 still came out ahead. Since I have Sephuz I considered macroing Phere and Sephuz it to ME (last thing I need is another keybind to manage). Not sure how it would work out but maybe every other time it would be a benefit for multiple add encounters. For now I guess I'll stick with UA.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolban View Post
    I simmed both Star Gate (875) and Pharamere's (875) in single target and multiple (3) encounters and my Unstable Arcanocrystal 865 still came out ahead. Since I have Sephuz I considered macroing Phere and Sephuz it to ME (last thing I need is another keybind to manage). Not sure how it would work out but maybe every other time it would be a benefit for multiple add encounters. For now I guess I'll stick with UA.
    I have the grimoire. I've done my best to make it work and my conclusion is it just sucks. It has a wonky deadzone for a specific range that you can use it at, it has a delay on activation, and it flat out does not do much damage at all on single targets. Sadly it's stat sticks and the guldan trinket for now....

Quote Originally Posted by jallfo View Post
    I have the grimoire. I've done my best to make it work and my conclusion is it just sucks. It has a wonky deadzone for a specific range that you can use it at, it has a delay on activation, and it flat out does not do much damage at all on single targets. Sadly it's stat sticks and the guldan trinket for now....
    The only fight I saw any great returns was on the first boss in NH just when people fuck up or pull extra mobs. I can't stand the dead zone and the slow travel time is annoying. Sad that even after the buff I just can't find a use for that trink.

Deleted
    Just got Whispers in the dark (900) and i simmed it vs Unstable Arcanocrystal (860). My DPS does down with 21k changeing too Whispers in the Dark(900) - why ? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Piizzaislife View Post
    Just got Whispers in the dark (900) and i simmed it vs Unstable Arcanocrystal (860). My DPS does down with 21k changeing too Whispers in the Dark(900) - why ? :O
    whats your other trinket? use both

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    whats your other trinket? use both
    my other trinket is Erratic metronome (885). With Whispers in the dark, should be the pick ? but im little confused about the SIM dps im getting cause i expected it to spike alot changeing my Arcanocrystal hehe

Where does the legendary trinket fall on this list? Is it bis?

Has the sheet been updated since the trinket changes?

Deleted
    is it updated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxdye View Post
    is it updated?
    Yes, updated for the trinket nerfs that occurred a few weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got my Whispers last night, HC version. Can't wait to test it out and learn how to use it.

Think I have every trinket atm except for ArcanoCrystal, will probably end up running Whispers+Erratic, despite hating procs. Just because those procs are amazing.

Anyone have any idea how valuable a socket is on a trinket? I have 890 Whispers, 885 Metronome with a socket, 860 Arcano, and Kiljadens.

Typically I am using Whispers and Kiljadens for AoE and Whispers/Metronome on single target (Int gem in the trinket).

I am considering using whispers and arcano on single target, but it hurts me with the metronome. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Juanyunglo View Post
    Anyone have any idea how valuable a socket is on a trinket? I have 890 Whispers, 885 Metronome with a socket, 860 Arcano, and Kiljadens.

Typically I am using Whispers and Kiljadens for AoE and Whispers/Metronome on single target (Int gem in the trinket).

I am considering using whispers and arcano on single target, but it hurts me with the metronome. Thoughts?
    This is a somewhat biased opinion because i think Whispers in the Dark is the root of all evil and should be removed from the game. If you're doing any sort of progression i would use Metronome over Whispers just due to consistency. The fact that it has a socket and passive stats are fairly competitive on trinkets due to all the shit procs blizzard put on trinkets this expansion. I would also use Kiljaden's over arcano crystal fulltime. KJ has almost 3,000 int on it plus approx.1500 in secondary stat. In passive stats alone KJ beats an 860 UA, and you get the On Use to boot.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-03-02 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    This is a somewhat biased opinion because i think Whispers in the Dark is the root of all evil and should be removed from the game. If you're doing any sort of progression i would use Metronome over Whispers just due to consistency. The fact that it has a socket and passive stats are fairly competitive on trinkets due to all the shit procs blizzard put on trinkets this expansion. I would also use Kiljaden's over arcano crystal fulltime. KJ has almost 3,000 int on it plus approx.1500 in secondary stat. In passive stats alone KJ beats an 860 UA, and you get the On Use to boot.
    Perhaps, but the same could be said for gaining metronome stacks. I've gone through a fight with metronome never getting higher than one stack and whispers proccing 3 times. I do agree, however, that KJ + Metro (or whispers) is probably the way to go. The trinket doc just lists arcano as a high prior even compared to 885 metronome. (It's also worth noting that my 4 legendaries consist of Cnidaria, OI, KJ, and the regrowth boots. RIP me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Juanyunglo View Post
    Perhaps, but the same could be said for gaining metronome stacks. I've gone through a fight with metronome never getting higher than one stack and whispers proccing 3 times. I do agree, however, that KJ + Metro (or whispers) is probably the way to go. The trinket doc just lists arcano as a high prior even compared to 885 metronome. (It's also worth noting that my 4 legendaries consist of Cnidaria, OI, KJ, and the regrowth boots. RIP me.)
    Okay, but how OFTEN does that happen? My arguement is on consistency. There's a higher likely hood that Whispers procs at an inopportune time (or not at all) than Metronome never going above one stack. And with Whispers terrible proc rate, i would still rather have a 1 stack metronome so you atleast get SOMETHING. And like i said, this is opinion is based on progression when DPS checks are required. The swing in DPS Whispers can give is massive depending on when / how often it procs. I'd rather consistently do 700K dps than swing between 800K and 600K solely based on whether or not Whispers decided to work that pull.

Don't get me wrong i see plenty of boomkins on WoL using it. Some praise it and would never drop it, others probably use it because they have nothing else competitive to replace it with. I was super excited when i first got it and then i just slowly lost interest in it due to it's inconsistency. I still play around with it during our heroic clears but even then it does not show enough promise to use when my DPS actually matters.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-03-02 at 06:21 PM.

So...I finally got my hands on a Whispers in the Dark tonight. 880 version only, but whatever...I have an 885 metronome​, my other trinket luck has been horrible so I'm glad for the Whispers. I got it from a 5k nethershard token!

Anyways, does our playstyle change at all with this? To accommodate for the reduction in cast speed portion of the buff? I have Emereld Dreamcatcher as well.

Yes, cast Lunar Strike + Solar Wrath inbetween Starsurges with the buff and then 1xSW with the debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Yes, cast Lunar Strike + Solar Wrath inbetween Starsurges with the buff and then 1xSW with the debuff
    Thanks for the info, will give this a try!